Inmotion has blocked use of her app

Dmitry71

18 minutes ago, CarZin said:

So, I just purchased one of these from a reseller on ebay.  They are based in the US, and shipping from the US.  Should I expect problems using the app, or is this just a europe issue?

That depends where your seller is sitting!!! If he ships from China...yes you should expect probs in using the IM app easily!

But please read the complete thread ....there are Solutions to use the original App (at least for Setting of the wheel)!

Later you can then use a third Party app for Speed measurement and so on...These are better anyway....

On 28/03/2017 at 5:50 PM, Fredda66 said:

This really would go by as nonsense if it wasn’t for the fact that it’s a 900$ purchase and a “Masterpiece for intelligent transportation” according to their homepage. Call me idiot, but I really do think the amount spent on this device deserves a little more customer care.

Let's be clear, okay

You have spent $900 buying from a retailer from Aliexpress who either had no clue about the block that Inmotion has introduced, or hid it from you (which, according to international trade agreements, is clearly disinformation of a customer). Now, was that retailer trustworthy? We could give them the benefit of the doubt, but in that case they should also be able to deal with consequences. Which, in this case, means returning the good cause it does not function as intended. Was that done? 

You saved an X amount of dollars/euros by opting out of local customer support and servicing by Swedish distributor/dealer. Instead, you opted in to trust the retailer based outside EEA with less accountability, next to none opportunity to service your product if anything, and likely next to none customer support. Was that decision yours to make in favour of the X amount you saved? 

Now, let's look at the situation from the perspective of the distributor. They purchase, popularise and spread this technology across many countries, taking financial and legal risks (in case of some fanatic breaking his neck at 30kph). If they see the trend of Aliexpress flood repeating itself like it was with Ninebot, next year it's going to be Inmotion whose distribution network will crumble. What do you think is the most effective model to spread the product around the world? If that was Aliexpress, we would be diving in tons of low quality products with zero servicing and a week-long lifecycle. So is this decision by Inmotion motivated by money or simple integrity of business operations?

Finally, ask yourself a simple question. Whose fault is it that your wheel does not have the full array of functions (while still being rideable)? Is that manufacturer's fault who want to protect their business partners interest? Is that Ali retailer's fault who failed to inform you about consequences? Or is that your fault because of trying to find an 'easier' and 'cheaper' option for yourself while disregarding the risks?

It's outrageous that in this context you aim at Inmotion and say their customer support is not good enough. 

2 hours ago, vladmarks said:

Let's be clear, okay

You have spent $900 buying from a retailer from Aliexpress who either had no clue about the block that Inmotion has introduced, or hid it from you (which, according to international trade agreements, is clearly disinformation of a customer). Now, was that retailer trustworthy? We could give them the benefit of the doubt, but in that case they should also be able to deal with consequences. Which, in this case, means returning the good cause it does not function as intended. Was that done? 

You saved an X amount of dollars/euros by opting out of local customer support and servicing by Swedish distributor/dealer. Instead, you opted in to trust the retailer based outside EEA with less accountability, next to none opportunity to service your product if anything, and likely next to none customer support. Was that decision yours to make in favour of the X amount you saved? 

Now, let's look at the situation from the perspective of the distributor. They purchase, popularise and spread this technology across many countries, taking financial and legal risks (in case of some fanatic breaking his neck at 30kph). If they see the trend of Aliexpress flood repeating itself like it was with Ninebot, next year it's going to be Inmotion whose distribution network will crumble. What do you think is the most effective model to spread the product around the world? If that was Aliexpress, we would be diving in tons of low quality products with zero servicing and a week-long lifecycle. So is this decision by Inmotion motivated by money or simple integrity of business operations?

Finally, ask yourself a simple question. Whose fault is it that your wheel does not have the full array of functions (while still being rideable)? Is that manufacturer's fault who want to protect their business partners interest? Is that Ali retailer's fault who failed to inform you about consequences? Or is that your fault because of trying to find an 'easier' and 'cheaper' option for yourself while disregarding the risks?

It's outrageous that in this context you aim at Inmotion and say their customer support is not good enough. 

Agree to disagree.

I still consider InMotions customer service as lousy, especially in my case. Since then they have made the information about app not working worldwide much more available, and if you buy one today you should have accounted for that. Otherwise, of course I want to buy cheap, who doesn’t?

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:53 AM, Fredda66 said:

Agree to disagree.

I still consider InMotions customer service as lousy, especially in my case. Since then they have made the information about app not working worldwide much more available, and if you buy one today you should have accounted for that. Otherwise, of course I want to buy cheap, who doesn’t?

Sometimes it has nothing to do with cheap, I tried buying the V8 from 3 places whom I found were resellers for Inmotion on these forums one wanted to charge me $580 plus I needed to fill in a vehicle importation form (I was like wtf) just for postage. The others two didn't even quote on postage just said they can't send to my country. This leaves some people like me no option but to buy from aliexpress who are happy to send here.

On 26/04/2017 at 8:53 PM, Fredda66 said:

Agree to disagree.

For me it's still as simple as this, either:

1. You pay extra for someone else to care/do the extra service for you. This includes warranty provision, troubleshooting, servicing and maintenance, and general aftersales. 

2. Or, you don't pay extra and deal with the rest yourself. Meaning you'll do the repairs or pay higher cost for them outside of warranty, do troubleshooting and software hassle on your side too. As many in this thread said, it's not a life ending experience, and you could bypass this block, but with extra hassle that comes as a payoff. 

The only thing you confuse is that you wanna go for the second option, but also be able to use the first option's perks by getting the manufacturer to resolve it.

3 hours ago, Goodman said:

Sometimes it has nothing to do with cheap, I tried buying the V8 from 3 places whom I found were resellers for Inmotion on these forums one wanted to charge me $580 plus I needed to fill in a vehicle importation form (I was like wtf) just for postage. The others two didn't even quote on postage just said they can't send to my country. This leaves some people like me no option but to buy from aliexpress who are happy to send here.

Have you been able to talki to the customer support for Inmotion? They could potentially suggest the best place/person to purchase from, and help avoid the pitfalls with functionality. 

11 hours ago, vladmarks said:

Have you been able to talki to the customer support for Inmotion? They could potentially suggest the best place/person to purchase from, and help avoid the pitfalls with functionality. 

Yes I can buy from them directly but there is a 3 month wait.

So what now? I have ordered one and waiting for the delivery may be at the end of this week. Should I be woried? my seller is from my country and has a company selling ninebots. he ensure me that everything should be fine and I shouldnt worry but never knows. money wise is in good price about 920ish dolar.

I was so excited in getting it and now im worried for that unanderstanded inmotion way of thinking. Isnt it just braking the brand name and making them look iresponsable in the eyes of customers? You buy an oryginal wheel and being stricted to this kind a things You were not informed about? hmmm is that a legal what they do?

8 minutes ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

So what now? I have ordered one and waiting for the delivery may be at the end of this week. Should I be woried? my seller is from my country and has a company selling ninebots. he ensure me that everything should be fine and I shouldnt worry but never knows. money wise is in good price about 920ish dolar.

I was so excited in getting it and now im worried for that unanderstanded inmotion way of thinking. Isnt it just braking the brand name and making them look iresponsable in the eyes of customers? You buy an oryginal wheel and being stricted to this kind a things You were not informed about? hmmm is that a legal what they do?

I don't think you will have a problem with your wheel, I believe the restriction is only placed on wheels sold in China.

hope so. I was going to buy from there but not many companies there has a good prices and then is the service problem as i do belive no one from them cares when they send a stuff from china. For ninebot i menaged to find an amazing company to deal with but they are one of the main sellers of their products but also they are stricted from selling products to EU.

On 2.5.2017 at 0:52 PM, vladmarks said:

For me it's still as simple as this, either:

1. You pay extra for someone else to care/do the extra service for you. This includes warranty provision, troubleshooting, servicing and maintenance, and general aftersales. 

2. Or, you don't pay extra and deal with the rest yourself. Meaning you'll do the repairs or pay higher cost for them outside of warranty, do troubleshooting and software hassle on your side too. As many in this thread said, it's not a life ending experience, and you could bypass this block, but with extra hassle that comes as a payoff. 

The only thing you confuse is that you wanna go for the second option, but also be able to use the first option's perks by getting the manufacturer to resolve it.

It is one thing to deny any after sales support. That's perfectly fine. But it is not OK to cripple the product on purpose by disabling the wheels configuration tool. You may call it software hassle, I would rather call it customer harassment. I considered a V8 as my next wheel, but now I ordered a KS16 instead, due to this BS. Of course I am buying from a local dealer, since I want after sales support. But once I paid good money for a product, I want to be able to do with it whatever I want. It's mine now. It's not rented. No one has the right to spy on my current physical location and deny functions of the product based on where I am at the moment. This is totally unacceptable behavior for me.

5 minutes ago, Christoph Zens said:

I would rather call it customer harassment

Please, refer to my previous comment in this thread. What is discussed here is rather rogue dealer harrassment. It's not the circle of love that you buy into, it's a linear supply chain. If something is wrong/not as described with the product, you refer back to the dealer, the dealer refers back to the distributor, and the distributor liaises the issue with the manufacturer. It's your choice whether to use the services of the irresponsible dealer who wouldn't inform you about the block in their own interest. 

9 minutes ago, Christoph Zens said:

No one has the right to spy on my current physical location and deny functions of the product based on where I am at the moment.

You may be interested to know that all wheel suppliers who add IoT integration via the app (including KS) can potentially log, trace and analyse your routes and locations. However, I don't think that is really required for this case, as the software can simply establish the network your phone operates on. 

11 hours ago, Christoph Zens said:

No one has the right to spy on my current physical location and deny functions of the product based on where I am at the moment. This is totally unacceptable behavior for me.

I think Ninebot does it, but it does not bother me too much.  I think they are just tracking where the sales are going.  But it is annoying that to get full use of the wheel, I have to give so many permissions, like location and so many other things.  I can ride top speed if I want to without using the app,  but to see distance traveled, battery voltage, and change settings I have to use the app.  I wonder if I had never installed the app would I even be able to ride the wheel.  I think with the newer S1 you cannot even unlock the speed and ride without registering the wheel through the app.  I think I see where you are going, that anyone should be able to buy a wheel and get full functionality out of it without being spyed upon, just turn it on and ride to the wheel's capabilities.

16 hours ago, Christoph Zens said:

It is one thing to deny any after sales support. That's perfectly fine. But it is not OK to cripple the product on purpose by disabling the wheels configuration tool. You may call it software hassle, I would rather call it customer harassment. I considered a V8 as my next wheel, but now I ordered a KS16 instead, due to this BS. Of course I am buying from a local dealer, since I want after sales support. But once I paid good money for a product, I want to be able to do with it whatever I want. It's mine now. It's not rented. No one has the right to spy on my current physical location and deny functions of the product based on where I am at the moment. This is totally unacceptable behavior for me.

Amazon does that with both movies and books.  

Archived