Advice needed on the wheel to buy, and where to buy

Cloud

Hi

My name is Mike and i live in New York, USA. I am new to the world of electric unicycles. Never rode or seen one up close. My experience is limited to 7 hours of searching over the jnternet but i am totally intrigue by the thought of having one.

From reading the forum and other sources I've narrowed my wish list down to either an IPS ( 121,131,191 or kahuna?)  Gotway 14" generation 2,m. 340wh.

In any case id like a 340wh or higher., 14 to 16" range, speed 18kph  or preferably more, with an ability to turn off audible speed warnings.

any advice which wheel to buy would be appreciated, and specifically:

1. Where can i buy one that can be shipped to the us and how much should it cost?

2. Ive seem ips sold at electricunicycleonline.com. Is it a good trustworthy place to buy ?

3 ive seen gotway sold at dhgate.com. Is it a good trustworthy place to buy?

4 any place locally where i could try them out?

5. Ips 400 and ips t350 seem to be cheaper than others with similar specs. Why and would you recommend these models?

6 what do you guys think of unicycles with a seat? Are they any good and is there one thats not too expensive?

thank you, and sorry for so many questions.

In any case id like a 340wh or higher., 14 to 16" range, speed 18kph  or preferably more, with an ability to turn off audible speed warnings.

Hi Mike,

John from NY has bought a Gotway 14" : http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/470-gotway-14-mcms2-my-first-wheel-another-newbies-journal/

You can cruise at 20 km/h without beeping when battery is full but at higher speed or lower battery, the beeping is unavoidable and it's super duper annoying. I have once make a last mile with a near empty battery and beeps all along, at 5km/h (not faster than a walker !), it's super embarassing and nerve raking.

On the Gotway, it's not possible to turn off sound since there is no fixed speed warning, you can have the warning even at 6km/h when the battery is low. And the wheel WILL cut power resulting in a faceplant if you don't obey the beeps and slow down. Yeah, it's unbelievably stupid, bordering on criminal, but it's true ! BTW, Oh, Gotway cheats also on speeds, when they boast about 23km/h (reading from their android bluetooth app), it's in fact only 20 km/h. This  "speed inflation" is found on all their wheels, from the GW14"  to GW18".

Hi Mike,

John from NY has bought a Gotway 14" : http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/470-gotway-14-mcms2-my-first-wheel-another-newbies-journal/

You can cruise at 20 km/h without beeping when battery is full but at higher speed or lower battery, the beeping is unavoidable and it's super duper annoying. I have once make a last mile with a near empty battery and beeps all along, at 5km/h (not faster than a walker !), it's super embarassing and nerve raking.

On the Gotway, it's not possible to turn off sound since there is no fixed speed warning, you can have the warning even at 6km/h when the battery is low. And the wheel WILL cut power resulting in a faceplant if you don't obey the beeps and slow down. Yeah, it's unbelievably stupid, bordering on criminal, but it's true ! BTW, Oh, Gotway cheats also on speeds, when they boast about 23km/h (reading from their android bluetooth app), it's in fact only 20 km/h. This  "speed inflation" is found on all their wheels, from the GW14"  to GW18"

John, thanks a lot for your reply. Its a shame that they are lying on the max speed and you cant turn off the warning and they turn the wheel off which results in more risk than just letting it run out of power. I guess this is a serius argument against the gotway? Do you like the wheel overall? It seems from your post that you do. If i may ask where exactly did you buy it and how much? You seem to have only mentioned that you got it from hong kong.

thanks!

mike

ElectricUnicycleReviews.com is selling from the US -  They sell my beloved Kingsong ;) You can't turn of the beep, you get the speed they promise, but I didnt try the empty battery safety yet (to come next week...)

Tha k you Manuel, this is interesting... They sell kingsong and ninebot and ship from NJ, which is very close, and offer warranty on ninebot. I guess i might go for either ninebot 340wh or kingsong 14" 680wh. Can anyone comment on how these two compare? Thanks

Kingsong is very new to the market, only a few people have one yet. It does seem to be what everyone asked for in a long time: a save, reliable ride. Only time will tell if they really can keep this promise though :)

I was considering a Kingsong or a Ninebot and went for the ninebot for its sleek looks and because its servicepoint is a 5 min ride by bot from my home should I ever need replacements or upgrades. Have not yet found a reason to complain.

I was considering a Kingsong or a Ninebot and went for the ninebot for its sleek looks and because its servicepoint is a 5 min ride by bot from my home should I ever need replacements or upgrades. Have not yet found a reason to complain.

yeah, you cant beat the looks of the ninebot! And having service location nearby is a huge plus too...

And you can get all the replacement parts from official sources if something ever breaks. i rely on it for my work commute and thats why I was ready to pay a bit more for this comfort in the end.

Archived