CST Tire Failure

swvision

Well, it looks like I've been getting nothing but problems on my v3s+. First it was the connectors coming loose, then the inner tube, and now the tire gave out. I'm guessing that there's no real fix for this kind of tire defect.

Here's a pic:

58d0909b1828a_IMG_20170320_1922221.thumb.jpg.7320b0027f3272ab67b2440f09ca504c.jpg

23 minutes ago, swvision said:

Well, it looks like I've been getting nothing but problems on my v3s+. First it was the connectors coming loose, then the inner tube, and now the tire gave out. I'm guessing that there's no real fix for this kind of tire defect.

Here's a pic:

58d0909b1828a_IMG_20170320_1922221.thumb.jpg.7320b0027f3272ab67b2440f09ca504c.jpg

I can't remember, did you put a new tire and tube on before, or was it just the tube? You said that the tube was an improvement, but maybe it wasn't fully compatible with the factory tire (if that's the factory tire). Bummer either way. Maybe it's a fluke or just stick with the factory tubes and tires.

I have a feeling your Sunday group ride is going to be postponed :(

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I can't remember, did you put a new tire and tube on before, or was it just the tube? You said that the tube was an improvement, but maybe it wasn't fully compatible with the factory tire (if that's the factory tire). Bummer either way. Maybe it's a fluke or just stick with the factory tubes and tires.

I have a feeling your Sunday group ride is going to be postponed :(

The original tube popped after a crash and the tire itself could've been damaged at the same spot too. The new inner tube i installed is a kenda. I just ordered a kenda 18" x 2.5" tire. Hopefully the inner tube isn't warped due to the slit in the tire wall and could be reused on the new kenda tire. As far as the meetup this Sunday, yeah. Sadly it has to be cancelled. I'll join you guys in Azusa Canyon though.

6 minutes ago, swvision said:

The original tube popped after a crash and the tire itself could've been damaged at the same spot too. The new inner tube i installed is a kenda. I just ordered a kenda 18" x 2.5" tire. Hopefully the inner tube isn't warped due to the slit in the tire wall and could be reused on the new kenda tire. As far as the meetup this Sunday, yeah. Sadly it has to be cancelled. I'll join you guys in Azusa Canyon though.

Bummer. Maybe order a spare tube while you're at it.  Reschedule your group ride - we'll do it eventually :)

Archived