KS16S vs KS14C initial impressions. NOT a review.

Trucktent

35 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Myself and others put Slime in all of our tires. Slime has even been used to repair an already punctured tire. Anecdotal I know, but I've accumulated over 3200km on my wheels and have yet to have a flat.

Thank you @Marty Backe, that's great information. I'll consider this option to avoid a flat on the new wheel. It has the advantage of avoiding the need to modify or even disassemble the wheel itself, which is good if warranty claims arise for electrical or mechanical problems later on. "Didn't touch it" is better than "took it apart and replaced the tire" in such a case.

They claim that their Slime will work for 2 years. So, every 2 years one replaces the inner tube to put in fresh Slime, or just top off the existing tube with another load of Slime? Or maybe it's more like: Every 2 years, go for the next generation wheel ☺️

26 minutes ago, Christoph Zens said:

Thank you @Marty Backe, that's great information. I'll consider this option to avoid a flat on the new wheel. It has the advantage of avoiding the need to modify or even disassemble the wheel itself, which is good if warranty claims arise for electrical or mechanical problems later on. "Didn't touch it" is better than "took it apart and replaced the tire" in such a case.

They claim that their Slime will work for 2 years. So, every 2 years one replaces the inner tube to put in fresh Slime, or just top off the existing tube with another load of Slime? Or maybe it's more like: Every 2 years, go for the next generation wheel ☺️

You're lucky. mine has a 1.195 tire.  Marty is right, put some sealant in it and you should never have to change the tire.

My idea was, let all the air out and completely fill the tube with slime.  Then put just enough air in to get to the pressure that rides good.

In two years, the batteries will be halfway worn out.  Might as well buy a new wheel.  If I ever get a flat, I would buy a new wheel instead of fixing the tire.  It looks like a big hassle to change the tire.  

The tire itself will never wear out.  At 240 pounds of weight on it, it will last forever.  Sorry to rant about tires, but I have never had a flat on mine.  If I hit a thorn or nail or something, I am Sliming it first, if that don't fix it, new wheel!:blink1::w00t2:

Dam, I'd really like one of the newer wheels.:facepalm:

43 minutes ago, Christoph Zens said:

According to their website:

What happens to Slime after 2 years?

Slime is a liquid that may dry out over long periods of time. The rust and corrosion inhibitors in the sealant also break down over time. For maximum puncture protection and optimal performance, we recommended that Slime be replaced after 2 years. For most tires, this will also be the time period for replacement due to wear and tear.

So I think it's still probably active after two years. All these companies tend to be conservative in the expiration dates, just like your groceries. Maybe just add some more to be safe.

I use 3oz for my 14" & 16" wheel, 4oz for my 18" wheel, and 8oz for the Monster.

But your last comment might be the real answer. Who wants to be riding the same wheel for over 2 years :D

I have ridden my NB1 E+ for two years, now with 2674 miles *on original tires* @steve454, and now am ordering KS16S.  Two years is about right.

With @Marty Backe 's collection, I'm afraid he might need to ride 6 years, but his tires will still look immaculate.  The cases, not so much.. 

21 minutes ago, dpong said:

I have ridden my NB1 E+ for two years, now with 2674 miles *on original tires* @steve454, and now am ordering KS16S.  Two years is about right.

With @Marty Backe 's collection, I'm afraid he might need to ride 6 years, but his tires will still look immaculate.  The cases, not so much.. 

Yeah, that's a definite problem that I have. It's going to cost me a bundle to upgrade all my wheels in two years :crying:

My oldest wheel right now is the MSuper V3, with about 850 miles on it.

Archived