Revolution, finally !!

master255

13 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Hello
I am a new ninbot driver and very happy.
I also want to have the 1.3.5 again and have a question.
Does all three lines have the same IP at ninebot.cn.prm?

Mfg Wolfgang

Correct. All three lines must be replaced with IPv4 address of your PC.

Deactivate your firewall software too.

Hi,

The one thing that I really don't like on my Ninebot C+ with firmware 1.4.0 is that it starts reducing the maximum speed already at a battery level of 40% and it becomes slower and slower from that point on, which perhaps is good for safety, but it is very annoying for me.

Now that it is possible I want to downgrade the firmware, but I can't remember in which firmware version it was still possible to ride at the full 20 km/h down to a lower battery level.

Does anyone know? That would spare me from testing all the available previous firmware versions. 

On 4.4.2017 at 7:33 AM, Duc said:

Hi,

The one thing that I really don't like on my Ninebot C+ with firmware 1.4.0 is that it starts reducing the maximum speed already at a battery level of 40% and it becomes slower and slower from that point on, which perhaps is good for safety, but it is very annoying for me.

Now that it is possible I want to downgrade the firmware, but I can't remember in which firmware version it was still possible to ride at the full 20 km/h down to a lower battery level.

Does anyone know? That would spare me from testing all the available previous firmware versions. 

1.3.5 was presented around a year ago. Do you remember if you've been on 1.3.5? Seems that they have reduced speed of P and C models in latest firmware...

22 hours ago, Vik's said:

1.3.5 was presented around a year ago. Do you remember if you've been on 1.3.5? Seems that they have reduced speed of P and C models in latest firmware...

Thanks.

Yes, I believe my C+ was on 1.2.0 when I got it and from then I went through every single firmware version that was released through the Ninedroid/Ninebot App until 1.4.0.

I will try 1.3.5 and check what difference it makes.

• Upvote 1

There is a new test version of firmware available for download (not through the usual app update), - 1.4.3

@MRN76 is working on an updated version of his Ninebot Degrader package.

P.S. A little teaser: the new Ninebot Degrader package will include firmware "changer" for both Ninebot One and Ninebot/Xiaomi MiniPro/Mini and maybe (don't hold your breath just yet) will make it possible to downgrade mini/miniPro from newest firmware versions.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 2:16 PM, Vik's said:

There is a new test version of firmware available for download (not through the usual app update), - 1.4.3

@MRN76 is working on an updated version of his Ninebot Degrader package.

P.S. A little teaser: the new Ninebot Degrader package will include firmware "changer" for both Ninebot One and Ninebot/Xiaomi MiniPro/Mini and maybe (don't hold your breath just yet) will make it possible to downgrade mini/miniPro from newest firmware versions.

That would be awesome!!! Any update on this new Degrader package?

On ‎06‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 6:54 PM, seanjohn65734 said:

That would be awesome!!! Any update on this new Degrader package?

The package is ready but unfortunately there is no way to downgrade mini/miniPro firmware from versions higher than 1.2.8 through the app... The only way is the hard(-wired) way - to solder a jtag programmer directly to the controller board.

Still, the new degrader package can allow to easily downgrade from 1.2.8 to lower versions. I will post it here soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎08‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 10:10 PM, Philfree said:

@Vik's do you have any informations on this 1.4.3 firmware ?

There is no official description for v1.4.3.

According to MRN76, on P model it gives a maximum speed >30km/h. Overspeed alarm beeping at 29km/h and tiltback doesn't engage before 30.8km/h (he didn't try any higher speed for safety reasons). Going down to 75% battery charge, tiltback being engaged at ~29km/h. The motor is not audible at all vs. v1.4.0 (dreaded 8kHz sound). Maximum cut-out speed (with the unit lifted up from the ground) - 39,4km/h. Other firmware versions have cut-out speed around 31km/h.

9BDgrader guide is now updated:

Latest update includes downgrade option for Mini/Pro (from versions not higher than v1.2.8). Almost all available fw versions is there so it is possible to update your min/Pro to i.e. v1.3.1

There are also some newer Ninebot One firmware versions included.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

All you E owners (non +), what is in your opinion the best firmware version? 

Which one has higher speed limit and less lower battery speed throttling?

Cheers /a

I would love to know this for the E+ too. When I have 9km left on my battery I'm stuck at walking speed for the rest of the journey. This restriction is too extreme. 

On ‎22‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 3:47 PM, RooMiniPro said:

I would love to know this for the E+ too. When I have 9km left on my battery I'm stuck at walking speed for the rest of the journey. This restriction is too extreme. 

I am on v1.2.3 and 20%/9km speed limit is already present here. Last 8-9km is like riding an Airwheel ;)

I think its has been like that since the very first versions.

Edited by Vik's
typos etc.

2 minutes ago, Vik's said:

A am on v1.2.2 and 20%/9km speed limit is already present here. Last 8-9km is like riding an Airwheel ;)

I think its has been like that since the very first versions.

Oh I see. Yeah the last 9km is embarrassing. 

3 hours ago, alcatraz said:

All you E owners (non +), what is in your opinion the best firmware version? 

Which one has higher speed limit and less lower battery speed throttling?

Cheers /a

I guess the speed limit at 20% battery is common across all of them. Not sure about speed capabilities though... Earlier fw versions are less restricted, probably.

Edited by Vik's
  • Upvote 1

When I install the 3.5.1 apk file on my Phone, it stops every time I try to open it. Does anyone know a solution for this problem? Does it also work with the 3.8.2 version? This is the one I had on my Phone and deleted.

1 hour ago, Saso said:

When I install the 3.5.1 apk file on my Phone, it stops every time I try to open it. Does anyone know a solution for this problem? Does it also work with the 3.8.2 version? This is the one I had on my Phone and deleted.

Earlier versions should do the trick too. Just don't use apps newer than 3.51.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the Firmware 1.4.3 unofficial?
Is it safe to install it on a E+ model?

What is the maximum speed for a E+ model with this Firmware?

Edited by cbgti

31 minutes ago, cbgti said:

Is the Firmware 1.4.3 unofficial?
Is it safe to install it on a E+ model?

What is the maximum speed for a E+ model with this Firmware?

1.4.3 is the latest testversion from Ninebot. Not made available for public install thought the app. Install at your own risk!

Since the speed of P model with v1.4.3 is a little higher than 30km/h one can assume that E+ gets a little higher speed too (depends on your controller version).

• Upvote 2

Hey Vik's, do you know of anyone who has tried out the new firmware?  Is there any appreciable speed increase with the E+?  I wouldn't mind trying it out, but if it's not safe I think I'll wait for a while.  I'm still on 1.2.5 which works well for me, but yes the 20% low battery extreme tiltback and limp mode home is annoying.  Usually I can slow down enough to let the battery recover to resume cruising at a slower pace.  Maybe it's best to leave well enough alone though I'm thinking.  With an older battery, if the new firmware stretches out the limits, I'd be afraid of hitting complete cut outs especially if there are some weaker cells in the batch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

With an older battery, if the new firmware stretches out the limits, I'd be afraid of hitting complete cut outs

Good point.  You could update to 1.4.0. however, and be even safer than 1.2.5.  Supposed to be safer than earlier versions.  I don't know about that, mine will get up to 15mph without beeps or tiltback.  Only tried it for a few seconds on a full charge.:blink1:

• Upvote 1

I think Vik's is still on 1.2.2, and I haven't had any issues with 1.2.5 since I got my wheel.  Usually I don't mind experimenting, but I also don't like to fix what's not broken.  So far my rides hit about 17 kms mostly where I reach about 25% battery without any low battey tiltbacks so I'm quite happy with that.  When I hit 19-20 kms is when it gets a little dicey.

I see 1.3.5 is popular.  I just haven't seen a lot of clear reasons to upgrade.  Gyrometrics tells me I average about 20 kph over 17 kms with a high speed of about 26 kph.  It sounds like most people average the same speed.  It would be good to find a firmware revision table that details the changes made as it would be easier to decide whether to upgrade or not.  That link in Vik's post isn't working.

It's so sad that the Ninebot P was a flop.  The extra speed would have been so nice to have.  I wish Ninebot would come out with a new 16" wheel that can cruise at 35 kph, but has that rock solid dependability it's so well known for.  Maybe the P catastrophy lost them a bunch of money so the bean counters nixed any new 16" wheels.  After cutting off all their dealers, I wonder what they are concentrating on now besides the S2/A1 wheels.  You just don't hear any developments from them any more.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hey Vik's, do you know of anyone who has tried out the new firmware?  Is there any appreciable speed increase with the E+?  I wouldn't mind trying it out, but if it's not safe I think I'll wait for a while.  I'm still on 1.2.5 which works well for me, but yes the 20% low battery extreme tiltback and limp mode home is annoying.  Usually I can slow down enough to let the battery recover to resume cruising at a slower pace.  Maybe it's best to leave well enough alone though I'm thinking.  With an older battery, if the new firmware stretches out the limits, I'd be afraid of hitting complete cut outs especially if there are some weaker cells in the batch.

I know that @MRN76 and some other russian guy got v1.4.3 but they are going all in with expanded battery upgrade and changing the serial number making E+ to a P model... So not too much useful info for those who only wants to try it on stock E+

I'm still on v1.2.3 and since that version is not a part of 9BDgrader I am a little hesitant to upgrade to 1.4.x without being able to go back to my original fw...

• Upvote 2