Why is electric unicycling so addictive ?

Roue Libre

The main reason why electric unicycling is so addictive is:  

32 members have voted

1. 1. The main reason why electric unicycling is so addictive is:

• Freedom
    • Sliding-like feeling
    • Accelerations and speed
    • Balance control
    • Other

On 19.3.2017 at 6:28 PM, dbfrese said:

I said other, because "all of the above" and it is relatively unique. I very much dislike being like everyone else!

Completely agree.

I like it being mentioned as "By God, an Alien!" by youngsters and as "By God, the devil !" by the elderly (like myself). :D:D

I also want to add, that riding an EUC is exactly my thing, I just didn't know that before.

I only wanted to ride a cheap Segway since years, and didn't know about EUC's. When I discovered and  bought the Ninebot Mini Pro, I recognized that there is also a single wheel Ninebot available. After some research and after some disappointment about my Ninebot Mini Pro,  I tried a KS16, and nearly immediately stopped riding the MiniPro, because I became addicted with the EUC.

Riding the EUC for me is like skiing on asphalt, I just love it (I'm also a ski addict).

6 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Riding the EUC for me is like skiing on asphalt, I just love it (I'm also a ski addict).

This. I love being able to "ski" without all the fuss. And without the cold!

"Balance control" really describes the aspect well. Just like Jason Chen (I think that's his name) described it, the intuitive steering (without accompanying effort) is great. This is why I think seated monowheels are more or less pointless, you could just add a second wheel for balance and have little downsides.

And it is similar to skiing in some way.

I think for me it's the fact that it's pretty unique, takes some skill to ride, can take you many kilometres on a single charge, takes up such a small footprint, and is quite nimble getting around on.  Although I didn't think I'd like it before, I have gotten used to the attention getting, looks, and comments which I guess is a plus since you feel almost like you have this slight celebrity status.  It's just fun overall like riding a bike or doing any other activity that you enjoy.

On a more basic level though - it's the ENDORPHINS baby!  The endorphins!  :w00t2: Sex, exercise, hot peppers, EUC riding!  Gotta have it.  More more more!  :dribble:  Now just gotta figure out how to have sex while eating hot peppers while riding an EUC... backwards!

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Although I didn't think I'd like it before, I have gotten used to the attention getting, looks, and comments which I guess is a PLUS

You are a +++++++Member! Accept this prestigious role in the world! Beat your chest with pride! Enjoy the attention, looks and comments! Your the Hunkman! 

Now get over it!:P

IMG_0606.GIF

Good:

small practical , you can take it with you anywhere
cheap to use
can go long distance on 1 charge
i use it instead of my car when it is possible
it's fun
good for the enviroment
saves cities from smog pollution and traffic jam
it can be used for clean easy transportation in large buildings , companies , hospitals
it should be possible to charge the euc constantly with a solar panel on a wheel behind you for long distance

Bad:

they are still to weak , motherboard motor , an euc should be so strong so no fuses mosfets are burning in any situation
cut off in top speed , it is worst case scenario , telling people to go slower than max speed wont help if they don't listen
waterproof is a must for a vehicle going in rain mud and it needs sealed bearings
even if distance is good it still need improvements , who wants to wait 5 hours for it to charge when youre far away from home
design , some people ask me if it is a travelbag , make them look more futuristic and fast , still I think my ks18 has great design
needs longer distance so you wont have to charge so often , 300 km would be nice with better batteries

Tellyho and here we go

I went to Madrid back in 2007 with my then-girlfriend, and for the first time, we booked a tour on what back then was something very few people had heard of: The Segway.

I loved it instantly, and sounds funny now but I remember how hard it was for the first few minutes simply because this was an alien-esque experience.

We covered the whole of central Madrid with our guide in a couple of hours. We felt like celebrities because of the looks we were getting. The ONLY press this sort of machine had gotten had been when cnn posted that article and photo all those years ago of George Bush falling off one.

ANYWAY........at the end of our trip, my partner had forgotten about the segways but they stuck in my mind for some reason. It just DIDN'T get boring at any point because of how...weird it was. I was a student at the time and a Segway cost (and STILL does!!!!!!) £5000. I remember thinking.........imagine if someone could take this technology and put it in something smaller, less dorky, and most importantly....a few notches cheaper. 

Seven years later almost to the day.....I'm walking back from the wimbledon tennis and some guy comes round the corner on an euc (I now know it was an airwheel x3...............the rest is history ??

ps. The Segway had a key-system that could unlock three speed levels. The instructor was so impressed
with how quickly I had mastered it (my partner was a retard) that he allowed me to unlock the 'high speed' setting 

(hold your breath).................17kph!!!!!!!!  ?

It the closest thing to flying/floating while still close to the ground. I rather have a plane but can not afford that.

Maybe to Show-off. Just love the attention from walkers.

Practical means to move quickly for short distances. For me i used it every day to fly from my parking lot to my office.

Archived