Jump to content

Instruction manual for M super V3+


Recommended Posts

The instruction manual that came with it is almost entirely in Chinese. Is there an English online manual?

Also, how do I see how charged this wheel is?

Finally, is there a Gotway Android application to use with this wheel? There is a German application in Google play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

The instruction manual that came with it is almost entirely in Chinese. Is there an English online manual?

Also, how do I see how charged this wheel is?

Finally, is there a Gotway Android application to use with this wheel? There is a German application in Google play.

Welcome to Chinese wheels. There's only one manual and you have it. Between this forum and the Facebook groups you should be able to search and find answers to your questions (they've all been asked before). Here's a link to the Gotway app that I use for all my wheels (avoid the newer social app - it's a disaster IMHO). Also, install the Wheellog app ASAP for monitoring your wheel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtnl29hnlrngdv9/Android161124-24Nov2016.apk?dl=0

When the wheel is turned on but not moving, look at the pulsating lights in the back. There are five. Each LED represents ~20%. Five glowing LEDs means fully charged. One pulsating LED means ~20% - time to charge it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gotway... manual...:roflmao:you bought the wrong brand for that.

Do NOT use the Gotway app unless you want to change ride modes, calibration, speed beeps, tiltback settings. It's just bad and you can accidentally disable alarms and stuff. You could find it here (latest version is currently 2.12 and the file is called 2.13) and you must register/login/it won't work without internet (and it wants a lot of permissions) to use it: https://www.facebook.com/groups/gotway/files Also available for iOS but more buggy I think.

The old version (1.X - pretty much same functionality but no online crap) can be downloaded from Gotway website: http://www.kebye.com/content/?182.html I would not use it either. The German app is a customized version of that.

Use wheellog. It is far better and nothing can go wrong. You find it on the Play Store (unlike the official GW apps:facepalm:): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cooper.wheellog

By V3+ you means V3s (1300 Wh)) or V3s+ (1600Wh)?

Also, what is your wheel's production date (so we can warn you of possible bad motor connectors)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

<snip>

The old version (1.X - pretty much same functionality but no online crap) can be downloaded from Gotway website: http://www.kebye.com/content/?182.html I would not use it either. The German app is a customized version of that.

<snip>

I respectfully disagree. This older version (of which I provided you the link) works perfectly. I use it to configure my ACM, MSuper, and Monster. NO problems. It is very reliable. It's not pretty and has some quirky behavior, but it works perfectly for configuring your wheel (pedal calibration, alarms, and tilt-back).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could even disagree non-respectfully;) My problem with the old app is that it's still not very clear what the buttons do and you could accidentally change a setting. Well, in the end, both apps could be better and I'm not sure which is less bad.

Also I think your dropbox link might be a newer version than then GW website has.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugh, the power brick has apparently bricked after it charged the wheel from 20% to 40%.

1. No green light is forthcoming regardless of whether it is plugged in to the wheel.

2. Brick is not warm to the touch.

3. Outlet does work fine and can be confirmed with other devices it can charge.

Power brick just seems dead. Uh oh, where do I get another charger?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Ugh, the power brick has apparently bricked after it charged the wheel from 20% to 40%.

1. No green light is forthcoming regardless of whether it is plugged in to the wheel.

2. Brick is not warm to the touch.

3. Outlet does work fine and can be confirmed with other devices it can charge.

Power brick just seems dead. Uh oh, where do I get another charger?

I know the 67v chargers are readily available at the various dealers. Hopefully they are stocking the 84v chargers too. Checkout Speedyfeet, EWheels, Myfunwheel, tec-toyz, and maybe others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dealer is sending me a new free charger. Yah!

This will sound ridiculous, but I cannot get the double sided tape to stick to any of the plastic side, front, and rear panels. I don't want to break out the alcohol...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Dealer is sending me a new free charger. Yah!

This will sound ridiculous, but I cannot get the double sided tape to stick to any of the plastic side, front, and rear panels. I don't want to break out the alcohol...

This is for the padding? You might consider taping the padding on instead. Buy either Gaffers tape or a cheaper solution is 3M brand low-residue (clean removal for up to 6 months) duct tape, available from Home Depot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Dealer is sending me a new free charger. Yah!

This will sound ridiculous, but I cannot get the double sided tape to stick to any of the plastic side, front, and rear panels. I don't want to break out the alcohol...

So what now?

in one post you are asking us if you should keep it...or send back..or whatever..

half an hour later you are getting a free charger?!

bring some light into the situation... :-)

seams you have purchased it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

So what now?

in one post you are asking us if you should keep it...or send back..or whatever..

half an hour later you are getting a free charger?!

bring some light into the situation... :-)

seams you have purchased it?

I got it...for a steal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...