Hi Peps.Today I have DIY handlebar from aluminium. I used aluminium pipe which i cuted as the extention and little pice I have used as the handle. It works exactly as it should but to be honnest I have got use to knee steering so much that I personaly think it is better and funkier than handlebar. Handlebar in my opinion works well for elder people or less skillful people and begginers.

youtube link (please like and subscrybe):

20170315_143019.jpg

20170315_142951.jpg

20170315_142927.jpg

I have original Segway. I never experienced a knee bar iteration and I thought someone should come up with a handle bar and you did! Ergonomically ti should be more intuitive to use than a knee bar, right? Hands naturally falls on handles and rest them and feels just natural like a riding a bike. Why do you want to go back to knee bar? 

Knee bar I personaly find more atractive and easier to stear than handle. i have noticed that it is more dangerous when turning quickier to the sides as the body naturaly try to stay at the place with handlebar rather than knee control. Maybe I got use to knee bar so much but for me the movement-steering with just a knees is more easier and quicker as I love to slalom when riding straight. Also Im just few steps from buying a ninebot elite but i would love to have it also with a knee bar to enjoy more freestyle movements :) For safety reasons handlebar maybe better in some sence when ninebot spin out from under Your feet but I would not compare it to the bike as on the bike Your center of the boddy weight is on tle middle of the bike and on segwaythe center of the weight is Yourself. Segway could come up with some changes in terms of stepping of or falling. Ninebot should have some kind of emargency brake as when You fall it like to ,,run away" from You which can couse a accident with other people or obsticles.

There are many problems with handlebars on the minipro.  It is simply not designed to work that way.  One is that it can zoom off on its own if you let go.  If you are using recent firmware and knee control, it is supposed to stop on its own if it detects that the rider has fallen off.

Also, with handlebar control, it is impossible to ride home from the shops with a full shopping bag in each hand!

On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Planetpapi said:

I have original Segway. I never experienced a knee bar iteration and I thought someone should come up with a handle bar and you did! Ergonomically ti should be more intuitive to use than a knee bar, right? Hands naturally falls on handles and rest them and feels just natural like a riding a bike. Why do you want to go back to knee bar? 

I havent fall for ages now as I manadge to learn how to handle mini pretty well. In fact i have to try does it stop when falling. Carrying a bags should not be a big problem as You may try to control the handlebar with knees. It may be tricky but shoud work? or place a bags on to the handlebar? but it may demage a steering control due to heavy weight? In fact I taken my doughter (3years old with 20kg) for a ride and sit her on the steering bar and it still works without breaking...

Archived