I have now purchased two Kingsong 14-C's from electricunicyclereviews.com over the last two years.  Will, the owner, has been fantastic in answering my newbie questions, solving problems, and doing everything within his power to standby what he sells. No matter what the issue, Will always took the high road and made it right.  Since we actually live not that far from each other, we took personal delivery of one of the uni's, and I was really happy to meet in person and swap stories.  Very impressed and would definitely buy through him again.  Also impressed by Will's "saftey-first" focus in the products he carries and the logic behind those brand choices. This industry is still young and I value a trusted adviser.

1 hour ago, SaidWhatWhen said:

I have now purchased two Kingsong 14-C's from electricunicyclereviews.com over the last two years.  Will, the owner, has been fantastic in answering my newbie questions, solving problems, and doing everything within his power to standby what he sells. No matter what the issue, Will always took the high road and made it right.  Since we actually live not that far from each other, we took personal delivery of one of the uni's, and I was really happy to meet in person and swap stories.  Very impressed and would definitely buy through him again.  Also impressed by Will's "saftey-first" focus in the products he carries and the logic behind those brand choices. This industry is still young and I value a trusted adviser.

Why would you plug a dealer who posted in this forum 2 months ago that he is quitting the business? Are you a troll? I purchased one of the first KS-18's made from Will back in Sep.2015.It was delayed getting shipped for over 45 days and when I did finally get it the bluetooth program for ride settings didn't work and Will sent me a USB serial bluetooth module so I could reprogram the board(which didn't work for my KS-18 but did work on another customer's 14c which he brought over to my house) so Will finally sent me a replacement control board.Then I noticed an occasional rubbing of the wheel for the first 2 or 3 revolutions when starting the wheel from a dead stop.I communicated this problem to Will and was told on numerous occasions over the next 15 months or so that he would deal with it,which he never did.Last Dec.He stopped answering my texts altogether.HE HAS NOT BEEN A GOOD DEALER! If you wan't top dealers you can't go wrong with ewheels,myfunwheels,speedyfeet etc.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MetricUSA said:

The guy held my money for six months and never got it in the end! I could had ordered from someone that actually had it in stock! But noooo.....

He tried hard initially but then let his customer service go into the :pooping:.

On 3/14/2017 at 4:03 PM, jrkline said:

Why would you plug a dealer who posted in this forum 2 months ago that he is quitting the business? Are you a troll? I purchased one of the first KS-18's made from Will back in Sep.2015.It was delayed getting shipped for over 45 days and when I did finally get it the bluetooth program for ride settings didn't work and Will sent me a USB serial bluetooth module so I could reprogram the board(which didn't work for my KS-18 but did work on another customer's 14c which he brought over to my house) so Will finally sent me a replacement control board.Then I noticed an occasional rubbing of the wheel for the first 2 or 3 revolutions when starting the wheel from a dead stop.I communicated this problem to Will and was told on numerous occasions over the next 15 months or so that he would deal with it,which he never did.Last Dec.He stopped answering my texts altogether.HE HAS NOT BEEN A GOOD DEALER! If you wan't top dealers you can't go wrong with ewheels,myfunwheels,speedyfeet etc.

This was almost identical to my experience going through Will.  Makes you value a REAL good distributor, not a one-and-done middle man.

2 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

This was almost identical to my experience going through Will.  Makes you value a REAL good distributor, not a one-and-done middle man.

So true.Even some Chinese suppliers like the "green and fashion travaling shop" on Ali express have gotten some pretty good reps. @captainwells has bought through them and had a good experience and I have personally met with both @Linnea Lin Gotway and @tinawong and they are both very good reps. for Gotway and King Song respectively.:)

1 minute ago, jrkline said:

So true.Even some Chinese suppliers like the "green and fashion travaling shop" on Ali express have gotten some pretty good reps. @captainwells has bought through them and had a good experience and I have personally met with both @Linnea Lin Gotway and @tinawong and they are both very good reps. for Gotway and King Song respectively.:)

Interesting.

My experience with @tinawong from afar (albeit thru Will), was not so great; was getting a bit of double-talk and the typical reluctance to deal with me direct, deferring to my distributor (in this case, Will).

7 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

My experience with @tinawong from afar (albeit thru Will), was not so great; was getting a bit of double-talk and the typical reluctance to deal with me direct, deferring to my distributor (in this case, Will).

I think that may have been more Will than @tinawong.When I finally got the KS-18 from Will and the blutooth interface wasn't working,it was Tina who emailed me the bin files and instructions on how to reprogram the bluetooth module.Plus she got me a pass to meet her at CES in Vegas in Jan.2016 and ride the first prototype KS-16 around her display at CES.Then in Oct.16 when I met up with her in Shenzhen at the King Song facility,I was treated like royalty and allowed full access to their facility and ride their lastest designs.:cheers:

Just now, jrkline said:

I think that may have been more Will than @tinawong.When I finally got the KS-18 from Will and the blutooth interface wasn't working,it was Tina who emailed me the bin files and instructions on how to reprogram the bluetooth module.Plus she got me a pass to meet her at CES in Vegas in Jan.2016 and ride the first prototype KS-16 around her display at CES.Then in Oct.16 when I met up with her in Shenzhen at the King Song facility,I was treated like royalty and allowed full access to their facility and ride their lastest designs.:cheers:

Nice!

I just remember, my biggest frustration was both Will & Tina were trying to convince me that the replacement KS14C board they sent me was supposed to work for my KS-18A *smh*

Archived