Too Many Wheels!

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

One negative comment doesn't automatically justify banishing this thread to the advertisement group. Since I don't visit the advertisement section for wheels I would have missed this very interesting thread. My two cents worth.

I agree with Marty.  Jason has gone above and beyond to help this community.  His efforts go way beyond just selling wheels.  I think those Gotway stats are valuable information that shouldn't be banned to the advertisement section.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

One negative comment doesn't automatically justify banishing this thread to the advertisement group. Since I don't visit the advertisement section for wheels I would have missed this very interesting thread. My two cents worth.

5 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I agree with Marty.  Jason has gone above and beyond to help this community.  His efforts go way beyond just selling wheels.  I think those Gotway stats are valuable information that shouldn't be banned to the advertisement section.

I hear you, but if you look at the first post, while somewhat ambiguous, it is basically an advertisement, the question could have been posted without the marketing graphics etc.  ;) Also, saying that the post is "banned" to advertisement-section sounds a bit harsh, nobody's getting banned, just the thread got moved to more "proper" place. Whether you look through the ads-section or not is up to you.

Jasons' contributions to the forum and to the wheeling "culture" in general is tremendous, no doubt about that. This is not a "punishment" to him, but the general idea is to keep it "fair" in regards of marketing in the forums, if we allow one reseller (even as great as Jason) to post marketing stuff in the general sections, then we'd need to do that for all the other resellers too. Usually posts like this end up in the advertisement-section much faster, but  I guess I looked this one a bit too much "through my fingers". 

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

europe price for a KS18 1680wh newest version is around 2400 Dollars.....Jason's. prices are great....

I wasn't blaming Jason! I was just saying that I really like the 840wh option because $2k for a wheel is a scary price to me!  I like having the awesome wheel at a more tenable pricepoint, especially since I live in a town where I can get to work/home, around town in just a few miles.

18 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

I think what convinced me was the numbers GW have sold, according to internal sources: "sold about 10,000pcs ACM, 8,000pcs Msuper V3 and about 1,000pcs Monster",  by any standard, these are some mightily impressive sales numbers that place GW quite high in the volume pecking order. The logic goes something along the lines of, 'if there are design defects, then surely these 10,000 early adopters would have found them out by now' 

Any information @Jason McNeil where the sales are being made?  I'm guessing that China is the number 1 destination.  I'm hoping that the market is good in the US.

12 hours ago, esaj said:

I hear you, but if you look at the first post, while somewhat ambiguous, it is basically an advertisement, the question could have been posted without the marketing graphics etc.  ;) Also, saying that the post is "banned" to advertisement-section sounds a bit harsh, nobody's getting banned, just the thread got moved to more "proper" place. Whether you look through the ads-section or not is up to you.

Jasons' contributions to the forum and to the wheeling "culture" in general is tremendous, no doubt about that. This is not a "punishment" to him, but the general idea is to keep it "fair" in regards of marketing in the forums, if we allow one reseller (even as great as Jason) to post marketing stuff in the general sections, then we'd need to do that for all the other resellers too. Usually posts like this end up in the advertisement-section much faster, but  I guess I looked this one a bit too much "through my fingers".

Thank you @esaj to better explain my thoughts ...I totally agree with your words :)

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@Marty Backe As you, I think  that  the content thread was interesting. My comment wasn't  negative about the content or about Jason. I only noted that the first post  was an advertise followed by an interesting question . I think that isn't so hard to open a new thread with the same question.

3 hours ago, lespetit said:

Thank you @esaj to better explain my thoughts ...I totally agree with your words :)

@Marty Backe As you, I think  that  the content thread was interesting. My comment wasn't  negative about the content or about Jason. I only noted that the first post  was an advertise followed by an interesting question . I think that isn't so hard to open a new thread with the same question.

I find this rather strange that your first post was basically complaining about a post of Jason's. 

Are you by any chance someone that's wanting to compete against Jason and are trying to get Jason into trouble ?

• 1 month later...

I didn't see this thread until now, because it got buried in the Advertisements and Promotions section :-(
It has good information in it.

Archived