What are the V5f+ warnings when going too fast?

LanghamP

I actually have been very cautious and slow so I do not know what happens when I ask too much from my wheel.

When recently going up a very long hill I think I did experience tilt back, though I'm not sure.

I have the volume turned up all the way, and when I drop the wheel on its side it does moan at me. However, I don't know the warning signs of going too fast up a hill. Does it give more warnings after tilt back?

What's the sequence of warnings when asking for too much? Or does this wheel just fold after giving you tilt back?

my observation with v5f+: Tiltback starts at about 90% of your set (in app) max speed.  The audible warning (default "Danger. Please slow down") comes at the max speed.

All warnings I've had are speed based and were based on my max speed setting.  The one time I got the battery down to 10% there was an audible "Battery low" warning; there was no tiltback or audible warnings, but I was only riding up to about 10 mph (16kph).

I think suspect there are warnings on over-high-power-demand, but you'll have to find someone else to describe them, as I've not hit any yet.  (I'm not yet an aggressive/experienced enough rider).

• 3 weeks later...

When I crest a hill or go down a depression such as a driveway while going up a hill, I occasionally get a "too fast, slow down" and the pedals suddenly tip upward. This has happened 4 times.

It scares the hell out of me but I'm unsure what is happening.

Ok, I'm going up a hill with NO tilt back, and then when I come over the crest it feels like the unicycle drops (I weigh less). If I do not do anything then I think the unicycle speeds up and then I get the warning. Else if I lean back the unicycle ALSO gives me an overspeed warning.

Either way, the pedals tilting back and the suddenly loud engine noise is terrifying. I feel like I'm going to die.

I do not understand what is going on here or what the unicycle is moaning about. How can this be an overspeed warning? But the engine does shreik so there must be a sudden power demand.

TLDR: engine shreiks and overspeed is triggered when creating hills despite no <apparent> change of speed. So WTF is going on?!

The above situation was caused by a miss-callibrated wheel, and no such behavior is exhibited after the wheel is placed on its mudguard (on, and the disarm switch is engaged, then disengaged), the wheel connected via Bluetooth to the Inmotion application, and the SCV Correction button is pressed.

Archived