GotWay MCM2s not charging ..

chowski

Hi all,

Hope someone is able to share their knowledge / expertise in this area because I am a total noob at this.

Background - I left my Gotway MCM2s to go on a 1.5 month trip. In the time, i set up a timer to charge my EUC 10 mins every week so that the battery would not drain. When i got back, I found that it could no longer be charged. I bought the Charge Doctor v2 to see if I could narrow down the problem.

Here's a video of what happens when i plug it in ..

Thanks in advance!

at first: 67,7 is about 0,5 Volt to much!!

So perhaps your wheel is in a overcharge state? Dont you have a voltmeter to check what is coming out of the charge port?

gW has no protection, so you can measure that...

what also is possible:

if you have done the charger in your holiday on a timer...and leave it alltime in...the charger on the chargeport could have drained your wheel to a deep deloaded state....

as it is not good to leave the charger in the charge port without plugging it in the wall! that drains the batterie....

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure if the charger is over charging. I do have a multimeter, but I only know how to test AA or AAA batteries :rolleyes: I'll try to find out if I can measure the charge output from the charger.

When I was on holiday, i set up the timer so that it is plugged in, but will only come on to charge the batteries. I did not know that leaving it plugged in would drain the battery :( But I guess it is a lesson learnt. If the battery is in a deeply deloaded state, i presume there is nothing else I can do but buy a new battery?

1 hour ago, chowski said:

When I was on holiday, i set up the timer so that it is plugged in, but will only come on to charge the batteries. I did not know that leaving it plugged in would drain the battery :( But I guess it is a lesson learnt. If the battery is in a deeply deloaded state, i presume there is nothing else I can do but buy a new battery?

On Gotways if you put in the charger without plugging it into the wall, the light on the charger  goes On and electricity flows from the wheel into the charger....

So i would guess the Batterie is now deep deloaded.....(Forget the overload guess!)

But not so fast with buying a new one.....the main and first thing would be to measure it with a Voltmeter !!!!

Then:

There is a method to get some life back in the Batterie, and that is to Charge the Batterie not by charger, but by recuperation.....(if it is deep deloaded!)

I have seen this method in Video on a solowheel....perhaps you can try that:

1 hour ago, chowski said:

I just recovered my Ninebot One that was in the same state by following the instructions here:

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and reply. I am glad to report that it is working again, but I am not sure if the battery is still healthy.

What I did was to follow Fred's (CD inventor) advise and to leave it charging because it was possible that the battery was in a deeply depleted state. And voila (as he said it), it was able to charge and works now. When it is plugged in, the CD reads 67.7, but when i turn off the power, and leave CD plugged into the wheel, it drops to 65.9. So I'm not sure if this means the battery has been damaged. But in any case, at least it works now :-D

Oh, and about buying the new wheel, unfortunately, in my hurry to get back on a unicycle, I'd already bought it :-( Ah well .. guess i have a spare wheel now and I can persuade my wife and son to learn it :-D

Again, thanks for your wonderful replies and assistance!!

Archived