Need help choosing next wheel

Goodman

Hi all,

Just bought my first EUC last Friday the ninebot one e+ having so much fun with it. The more I ride the more im loving it, having already mastered the how to ride done over 60kms I'm ready to move to a faster wheel. Not that there is anything wrong with this it's abit on the slow side and the range is limited. 

Can you guys please give me a good suggestion for my next wheel looking at buying one this week as it takes forever for anything to be delivered to Australia. 

Im looking for at least 30 kms range and something with abit more power and speed. Thanking you guys in advance.

59 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Hi all,

Just bought my first EUC last Friday the ninebot one e+ having so much fun with it. The more I ride the more im loving it, having already mastered the how to ride done over 60kms I'm ready to move to a faster wheel. Not that there is anything wrong with this it's abit on the slow side and the range is limited. 

Can you guys please give me a good suggestion for my next wheel looking at buying one this week as it takes forever for anything to be delivered to Australia. 

Im looking for at least 30 kms range and something with abit more power and speed. Thanking you guys in advance.

If you could, it would also help if you know what kind of riding you'd like to do (i.e. - trick riding, trail riding, hills, etc.).

Also, your weight can also be a deciding factor as well.

Allen

1 hour ago, abinder3 said:

If you could, it would also help if you know what kind of riding you'd like to do (i.e. - trick riding, trail riding, hills, etc.).

Also, your weight can also be a deciding factor as well.

Allen

I'm not heavy 65 kilos I am planning to commute to work which is 15kms each way, this will mostly be done on the side walk and the ride is fairly flat. There is no major hills but near my place there is a short cut through the park which is grass and that is only 500 metres at most.

Getting sick of taking the crowded public transport system, when I first bought the Ninebot one E+ my purpose was to just have some fun but I quickly realised if there was abit more juice in this thing I could easily take it to work and back.

I think your next decision should be about whether you want a 16 inch wheel (perfect allrounder) or 18 inches (distance and terrain eater [more stable], less agile than 16 inch).

The most popular wheels seem to be:

16 inch:

• Inmotion V8: a lot of people considered this a "Ninebot replacement" (but better) when it was released, and imho it's the "best" overall package - wheel, app, etc there's nothing missing or bad or anything
  • Gotway ACM: you get power (and a huge battery if you want) and nothing else (well it's very sturdy)
  • Kingsong 16: I think there's a new one coming soon or released recently, and it's a quite good overall wheel (sleekness vs sturdyness, price vs battery etc)

18inch:

• KingSong18: big body (dont be scared away by this, have a closer look) but nice futuristic wheel
  • Gotway msuper V3: the ACMs 18 inch relative - also check the wires whether your wheel is from a "dangerous" production date (see the threads around these forums, some bad solder was used at some earlier point)

--

I have an ACM myself (for other uses), but find the KingSong16 extremely interesting for you if you don't need the biggest batteries you could possibly get (that makes it cheaper too). The V8 is a no brainer too. Basically all these options are excellent as far as I can say. Maybe other models are of interest too (Rockwheel GT16 maybe?). You should also go by looks, how you feel about your new wheel makes a difference, don't just go by stats, trust your intuition:)

So just have a look at the available models and what these forums have to say about them.

Hi, you are lucky to not be very heavy, so you will have great range (like I do) with most wheels !

I would not swap the "14" inch wheels, there are good ones out there.

I would recommend a few wheels (considering your needs):

Kingsong KS14D (14 inch) 420Wh, 35km range and 30kph speed, very practical (integrated trolley), music speakers, powerful and agile.

Rockwheel GT16 (16inch) 680Wh, 40km range, 45kph speed, very agile, sporty, smooth...my favorite wheel !

Gotway Msuper3 (18inch) 680Wh, 45km range, 35kph speed, super powerful, stable and comfortable, it is a best seller.

Inmotion v8 (16inch) 480Wh, 40km range, 30kph speed, beautiful and practical, also a best seller.

Gotway ACM (16inch) 680Wh, 45km range, 35kph speed, sporty and comfortable.

Kingsong KS16S (16inch) 840Wh, 65km range, 35kph speed, very practical, music speakers, powerful...

The ones that would probably please you the most imho would be the KS16S, the GT16 and the inmotion v8 :) (however it depends also on your budget, without this data, I took the less expensive version of each wheel) For reference the E+ has a 25km range with 22kph top speed. (the speeds and range I wrote are average and max real speeds not app speeds)

If you can wait, the KingSong 16s will probably be available from most places within a month. 

That sounds like the perfect EUC for you. 

To me, it's always better to get a little more EUC than you think you will need.  I have the Inmotion V8 and thought that it would be a good fit for me. However, it does have limited range due to a smaller battery and I soon wished that I had an EUC that would go farther.  So, now I also have the KingSong 18B and I'm loving it. 

The KingSong 16s will be more powerful than the current KingSong 16 and still give you plenty of range+ what you say you're going to use it for. 

Allen

I also came from using the Ninebot One E+.  It was my first wheel and found the the top speed of 13-14 mph (with tiltback) annoying.  Also, riding more than 3 miles and my feet started to hurt.  I was intrigued by the idea of sitting down to relieve my feet, so I opted for the Kingsong KS18.  I can do very long trips with no issues.  I do sit down frequently during the long straight aways.  Sitting down is an additional skill that needs to be learned, but just like learning to ride the EUC, is gratifying when mastered.  The only disadvantage is that it is relatively bigger (taller) than other EUCs.  I'm not bothered by the size but it may not appeal to some people.  Other wheels I considered were ACM16, Msuper V3, and Kingsong KS16S.  If the size doesn't bother you, I would definitely recommend the KS18.  It's a well built. solid, and powerful EUC.

8 hours ago, Clovis said:

I also came from using the Ninebot One E+.  It was my first wheel and found the the top speed of 13-14 mph (with tiltback) annoying.  Also, riding more than 3 miles and my feet started to hurt.  I was intrigued by the idea of sitting down to relieve my feet, so I opted for the Kingsong KS18.  I can do very long trips with no issues.  I do sit down frequently during the long straight aways.  Sitting down is an additional skill that needs to be learned, but just like learning to ride the EUC, is gratifying when mastered.  The only disadvantage is that it is relatively bigger (taller) than other EUCs.  I'm not bothered by the size but it may not appeal to some people.  Other wheels I considered were ACM16, Msuper V3, and Kingsong KS16S.  If the size doesn't bother you, I would definitely recommend the KS18.  It's a well built. solid, and powerful EUC.

I can't really recommend he KS18 for lightweight users, from my experience of owning a KS18, I had to sell it because it was comfotable but not agile at all, the fact that it is tall makes it harder to turn for smaller size riders, and goodman being about my weight must be about my size.

Don't get me wrong, the KS18 well built, solid, and is extremly comfortable (sitting on it also), it's powerful, predictable...but it takes ages to break and turn, and for commuting I find it to be not that great (and I had the 680Wh) and the range is quite reduced (35km with a safe margin).

Thank you all for the suggestions I have now narrowed it down to the following 2.

Both gotway first is ACM 1300wh second option is the Msuper V3S 1300.

I am 65 kilos but as i will be commuting 15kms each way with my backpack and helmet on I'll be 70kilos. I am light in weight but am 180 cm tall, for me I am looking for a more stable and comfortable ride. The reason I choose these 2 is because I just found a local seller but for the other brands I'll have to import them from overseas. 

So onto the next question given my weight and height and my commute needs which one would suit me better. Also do these 2 EUC have the faulty wiring problem?

Thanks again guys for being so helpful.

On 8.3.2017 at 8:27 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

http://www.milbay.com.au/

They seem to sell rebranded KingSongs (and some others). Not sure how reputable they are (and how current their wheels are) but they exist. fyi.

On 8.3.2017 at 10:52 PM, Goodman said:

I tried calling them a few times this week left a message amd still no reply.

Ahem, Neale (the owner of Milbay) and I (and some other mods, too :P) have some... history. I don't think he frequents the forums much these days, the last time I had an argument with him (about a thing that turned out to be a mistake by me, actually :rolleyes:), it ended up with him threatening to sue me. He's not banned or anything (at least to my knowledge), but probably doesn't come here that often anymore.

Thanks guys for all the advice I ended up ordering my new wheel, the Msuper V3S 1300wh can't wait till I get this hopefully within a week or 2. This wheel as far as I can see will have more than enough power and travel the distance I want. I used my Ninebot One E+ to go to work yesterday again, but I think I pushed it abit too hard speed wise and ran out of juice and had to carry it the last 1 KM. OMG it was heavy I think I broke my back, gee I hope the trolley handle on the Msuper is easy to use and helpful. 

14 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Thanks guys for all the advice I ended up ordering my new wheel, the Msuper V3S 1300wh can't wait till I get this hopefully within a week or 2. This wheel as far as I can see will have more than enough power and travel the distance I want. I used my Ninebot One E+ to go to work yesterday again, but I think I pushed it abit too hard speed wise and ran out of juice and had to carry it the last 1 KM. OMG it was heavy I think I broke my back, gee I hope the trolley handle on the Msuper is easy to use and helpful. 

just for fun...

where did you order?

milbay or theWheelDeal?

And good choice!!

23 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

just for fun...

where did you order?

milbay or theWheelDeal?

And good choice!!

I didn't buy it from those 2 as they really only drop ship from china. So I went to the direct source and got it there.

44 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Curious what steered you away from the acm 1300 84v? 16 vs 18"?

enyoy your new ride!

As I wanted to use it to commute with, 15km each way I assumed it would be slightly more comfortable, handle curbs and pot holes better with the bigger wheel. I hope I'm not wrong I will see when I get the wheel, I just figured this would be the best option for now.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Congratulations, and enjoy! Funny how you upgraded after just one week.

Also check the production date of your Gotway once it arrives. If it's before Chinese new year, be aware of the weak connector issue.

Thanks i have been assured that it is the latest with the problem corrected 

Archived