InMotion V8 tried to kill me Suddenly

charlesrg

12 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

1) Unless I've been missing something for a long time then there are no speed alarms on the V8.

2) If you use wheellog 

Ad1) V8 actually has the alarm which shouts at the preset max speed, in addition to this, the tiltback starts about 5kph prior the alarm. 

Ad2) @WARPed1701D I still didn't realize how to pair inmotion V8 with the wheellog app. Seems there must be some other source of this apk than Google play, because the wheellog from the Google play store doesn't support V8's. It actually finds the wheel but doesn't read any data ?

3 minutes ago, Michal said:

Ad1) V8 actually has the alarm which shouts at the preset max speed, in addition to this, the tiltback starts about 5kph prior the alarm. 

Ad2) @WARPed1701D I still didn't realize how to pair inmotion V8 with the wheellog app. Seems there must be some other source of this apk than Google play, because the wheellog from the Google play store doesn't support V8's. It actually finds the wheel but doesn't read any data ?

Search the general section of the forum for Wheellog. You can download the apk from there. @palachzzztook over development and added Inmotion wheel compatibility. 

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Upvote 1

Guys, I didn't find it anywhere. 

Installing wheellog and having the possibility to check the actual current, led me to this question. 

In order to avoid a cut-off while going uphill, it would be interesting to know, what is the max constant current the V8 LG battery can provide and what is the peak(temporary)  current it can handle. 

I would like to set the alarm for a current in the wheellog so it warns me when going uphill, what's already too much before it cuts off the power. Any idea? @WARPed1701D

3 hours ago, Michal said:

Guys, I didn't find it anywhere. 

Installing wheellog and having the possibility to check the actual current, led me to this question. 

In order to avoid a cut-off while going uphill, it would be interesting to know, what is the max constant current the V8 LG battery can provide and what is the peak(temporary)  current it can handle. 

I would like to set the alarm for a current in the wheellog so it warns me when going uphill, what's already too much before it cuts off the power. Any idea? @WARPed1701D

Wheellog :

On 9/27/2017 at 5:04 PM, palachzzz said:

Version 2.0.5

Added:
-Gotway 84v correction (from menu)

Reveal hidden contents

Actualy Gotway's controller multiply real voltage value to 0.8, to make it compatible with Gotway official App, that calculate battery percent from reference 67.2V battery. This option in WheelLog just multiply Voltage value to 1.25 (back to real).

Fixed:
-Inmotion zero-speed if drive to another direction for some wheels (like V3Pro and others).
-reset parameters when Gotway MCM option is applyed (like on the picture above)

WheelLog_27092017.apk

LG datasheet:

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/LG 18650 MH1 3200mAh (Cyan) UK.html

Max rated discharge current is 10A. The V8 has a 2 parallel cell setup so max continuous discharge of the battery is 20A. Manufacturers do not provide max spike discharge amounts. I have wheellog set to alert at 17A. It triggers when I hit bumps and potholes at speed. I live in Florida though so I've no hill based cell discharge experience. 

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Speaking of V8s trying to kill you, I went down a low incline hill and came to the point where the path meets the road and there's some small round bumps for blind people and my V8's shell started oscillating back and forth really fast and nearly bucked me off.

Somehow I stayed on and didn't injure myself but man that was scary for a minute. I was probably only doing about 15mph.

Edited by Kael

On 4/9/2018 at 8:57 AM, Chriull said:

As discussed/explained here in this topic high(er) speed+high acceleration lead to a situation that has the same result as an power cut off - no more torque left to balance the rider -> faceplant.

This is complete nonsense

I hit the road with my shoulder, not my face ??

Edited by dmethvin

• 6 months later...

I've been riding my v8 for several months and experienced my first overlean crash in 35 degree weather in Las Vegas, NV on a fully charged battery 1 mile from my home. I have been pushing the limits in my commute which comes with confidence in the machine. The max speed 19mph warning does happen more frequently, yet hasn't been an issue in continually pushing until now. I rounded a corner on a bike path, leaned in to go up a smaller incline and speed back up when the v8 simply didn't respond, cutoff and I ended up hitting the pavement.

I've read the comments of the post, both good and bad and see my error in expecting more than what was designed, yet also have lost trust in the v8 that will take a long time to get back.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mczzmm said:

I've read the comments of the post, both good and bad and see my error in expecting more than what was designed, yet also have lost trust in the v8 that will take a long time to get back.

TBH you shouldn't get your trust back. With your experience and today's wheels the V8 is just a very weak EUC.

Get something else. Anything else. V10F, KS16X, KS18XL, Z10, Nikola, MCM5, even the Mten3 ... the difference will be night and day.

I can't even imagine going back to a wheel with a vmax of 18mph and 0 reserve power left when you run it at that speed.

• Like 1