battery replacement

PLAYA-RIDER

For months now, I have been unable to locate a replacement battery (and attatched mother board) for my ninebot one C.  I've emailed China,  and made calls to the distributor in Jersey with out any progress.   Any ideas would be appreciated.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Playarider said:

For months now, I have been unable to locate a replacement battery (and attatched mother board) for my ninebot one C.  I've emailed China,  and made calls to the distributor in Jersey with out any progress.   Any ideas would be appreciated.

Confirm with Ian at SpeedyFeet, but I believe this battery fits, and it will increase your range. 

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/ninebot-one-parts/products/ninebot-one-e-320wh-replacement-spare-battery

Hey @Playarider, welcome to the forum! Funny thing is, I was just about to ask for advice on finding a 320WH battery to replace the one in my E+. The best price I've found so far for a U.S. supplier (for the E+ battery is $267). 

I also see that banggood.com has the 220WH battery used in the C for $121 and the 320 WH battery for the E+ for $151. My question was going to be whether the price was too good to be true, and if anyone knew of U.S. sources that sold the 320 WH for less than $267?

1 minute ago, dbfrese said:

I also see that banggood.com has the 220WH battery used in the C for $121 and the 320 WH battery for the E+ for $151. My question was going to be whether the price was too good to be true, and if anyone knew of U.S. sources that sold the 320 WH for less than $267?

I bought a number of things from Banggood. Their prices are actually pretty real, you just need to verify that they actually have it in stock before you send payment.

By the way, that's an awesome price for that battery.

Edited by SuperSport

12 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

By the way, that's an awesome price for that battery.

Definitely the lowest I've seen anywhere, hopefully it's legit and the battery is fresh and what it's represented to be. It might be difficult to deal with any problems with the purchase if any crop up. I think I might take a chance on it though, if it's in stock.

Edited by dbfrese
Spelling error.

At one point, they were selling the E+ at $400 when everyone else was $750-$900.  Quite a few people from this site bought them and got them.  I almost bought a second one at that price...

Again, just verify with them before sending payment.  I have had items not be in stock after I ordered twice before.  It was not a huge deal on those two items, but a battery would be more of an issue for me.  And, they refunded me my money without any problems in both cases.

• Upvote 1

Great info everyone.    Part of the issue I've encountered with various sites for batteries is that they say the NineBot C battery is 220wh.   In actuality I believe the C is rated at only 110wh.  (The C + is the 220wh).   I also found out that they are in no way interchangeable. 

So my search continues for a NineBot C (110wh) battery.

Anyone with more information ??

1 hour ago, Playarider said:

I also found out that they are in no way interchangeable. 

I can not see any reason to not install a 220wh in a 9bot One C. In my opinion it must fit and will extend autonomy nicely.

On 6.3.2017 at 5:14 AM, dbfrese said:

Definitely the lowest I've seen anywhere, hopefully it's legit and the battery is fresh and what it's represented to be. It might be difficult to deal with any problems with the purchase if any crop up. I think I might take a chance on it though, if it's in stock.

can you give a link?

for me that does not sound like 15seriell batterie for ninebot?! more like a. standard 67volt pack....

I'm sure you are correct about the actual battery being compatible.   However, the sales director as well as technical support at ninebotus.com insist that the attached mother board is not interchangeable from the C to the C+ and so on.

But at this point I guess I'm going to have to give a 220wh a try in my NineBot C and hope for the best.

Thanks for all the input.

The control boards may not be interchangeable  between different models as they are programmed to match each motor's specifics, but the batteries all appear to be the same voltage so technically the control board wouldn't know what watt hour battery pack you are using as there are no data lines from the battery to the control board.  There are just two plugs - one for power and one for charging the pack.  You could theoretically parallel a bunch of packs together sort of like what Ian from Speedyfeet did and make a monster range Ninebot if you wanted to.  As long as the power pack is supplying 55.5V output the control board doesn't care too much for how long the pack can do that as long as it does.

@Jason McNeil even tried putting in a more common 67.2 V pack into a Ninebot One, and it ran fine even at the higher voltage.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
corrected voltage
  • Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Playarider said:

the sales director as well as technical support at ninebotus.com insist that the attached mother board is not interchangeable

it's right and as @Hunka Hunka Burning Love said, mother board needs to be paired with motor in order to work correctly.

9B1 moter board is able to measure voltage coming from battery but not it's capacity. That's why you can use any battery capacity with any 9B1 version.

2 years ago, I made my first DIY battery (with 30 cells 3400mAH) for my 9B1 E and when I have bought a 9B1 E+ (4 months later), I put my DIY battery inside my new 9B1E+.100_9925.thumb.JPG.2026757fdaf2091391a426523a7b62b4.JPG

Now I have made more than 1600 km with my DIY battery and evreything is working perfectly.

I have made an external DIY battery with 15 cells 3500mAh which I plug at the charging port :

101_0139.thumb.JPG.83fb47d96e3ca48bd698204a8e0a1c4c.JPG

And last year, I have had 30 cells 3400mAH inside 9B1 shell . I explain and show the results here :

So you can trust me when I say you can put any capacity battery (55.5V)

Edited by smallexis
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

even tried putting in a more common 62.7 V pack into a Ninebot One, and it ran fine even at the higher voltage.

maybe you want to say 67,2V instead of 62,7V. But I have tried to use 16S battery and with a full charge, 9B1 motherboard refuse to work.

But if you reduce the voltage to 63V, a 16S battery can be used with a 9B1.

An other solution (cheaper than buy original 9B1 battery) is to take a 16S battery and to do that's following :

58c87d4f19b2b_diy15s1p.JPG.fd2f419a34cca33e2b4404657f074604.JPG it's very easy

• Upvote 1

Sorry, yes I meant 67.2V!  It's been a while since I've ridden my wheel or looked at voltages.  I'm not sure what Jason McNeil did to get his Ninebot to work with the regular 16S pack, but I think I recall he said it did work somehow.  I was hoping he could comment about it.

30 minutes ago, smallexis said:

maybe you want to say 67,2V instead of 62,7V. But I have tried to use 16S battery and with a full charge, 9B1 motherboard refuse to work.

But if you reduce the voltage to 63V, a 16S battery can be used with a 9B1.

An other solution (cheaper than buy original 9B1 battery) is to take a 16S battery and to do that's following :

58c87d4f19b2b_diy15s1p.JPG.fd2f419a34cca33e2b4404657f074604.JPG it's very easy

I finally translated your screen name into English.  It's small excess, right?:thumbup:  Interesting that the Ninebot can handle greater capacity but not greater voltage.  It makes sense.  The Ninebot can only use a certain voltage.  To use more voltage would require a new board.  Have you put a different board in a Ninebot?

All in all you guys have some great information.  on everyone's recommendations I definitely will be searching the web for an inexpensive 320wh battery to install in my now antique NineBot One C.

Learned a lot along tge way too.

Thanks

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

It's small excess, right?

maybe you are not so far from reality.

7 hours ago, steve454 said:

Have you put a different board in a Ninebot?

Not yet, but I have a GW MCM4 motherboard that I have to adapt to try this.

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...
On 3/15/2017 at 4:50 AM, smallexis said:

maybe you are not so far from reality.

Not yet, but I have a GW MCM4 motherboard that I have to adapt to try this.

On 3/14/2017 at 8:08 PM, smallexis said:

it's right and as @Hunka Hunka Burning Love said, mother board needs to be paired with motor in order to work correctly.

9B1 moter board is able to measure voltage coming from battery but not it's capacity. That's why you can use any battery capacity with any 9B1 version.

2 years ago, I made my first DIY battery (with 30 cells 3400mAH) for my 9B1 E and when I have bought a 9B1 E+ (4 months later), I put my DIY battery inside my new 9B1E+.100_9925.thumb.JPG.2026757fdaf2091391a426523a7b62b4.JPG

Now I have made more than 1600 km with my DIY battery and evreything is working perfectly.

I have made an external DIY battery with 15 cells 3500mAh which I plug at the charging port :

101_0139.thumb.JPG.83fb47d96e3ca48bd698204a8e0a1c4c.JPG

And last year, I have had 30 cells 3400mAH inside 9B1 shell . I explain and show the results here :

So you can trust me when I say you can put any capacity battery (55.5V)

I have ninebotC with 15S1P pack and wanting to dbl capacity by adding 2nd 15S1P pack (and making 15s2p) - https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32539009897.html

is this feasible? I notice says max working current on chinese pack 15A (is concern?) Also what is best method to parallel these 2 packs? Is it an issue if 2nd pack not exactly same capacity as pack one (original pack 160Wh, new pack 144Wh)?

Cheers from Canada!

On 6/19/2019 at 1:11 PM, amelanso said:

is this feasible? I notice says max working current on chinese pack 15A (is concern?) Also what is best method to parallel these 2 packs? Is it an issue if 2nd pack not exactly same capacity as pack one (original pack 160Wh, new pack 144Wh)?

Yes it is possible. I have done many times similar upgrade.

Max output pack is not a problem as you put it on parallel.

The only problem to put on parallel 2 square battery is the shapeof each battery :  because  15S1P + 15S1P is not equal to 15S2P for space and volume.

The location of the battery in the shell leaves no room for a second BMS and if the shape is not respected, then the battery will not fit.

No issue if the capacity is not the same between 2 packs. And I remember that original capacity on 9B1 C is only 110Wh (220Wh on C+)

According to me, the best solution is to buy this battery which price is very interesting (but I don't know the quality of theses chinese batteries) https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Z094-55-5-V-54-V-5200-mAh-288Wh-XT60-SM2P-15S2P-batterie-Li-ion/32975291658.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.7fa13c00ppdW7H

Edited by smallexis