Red and blue ACMs on video

10 hours ago, Radislav said:

Monster colors

Very cool. Gotway sure keeps on churning out the variety in their wheels.

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very cool. Gotway sure keeps on churning out the variety in their wheels.

...but they still keep it as the biggest secret on the planet :) 

Here is more action going on:

Is this Gotway? Looks to me like a Korean company selling modded wheels... though I'm wondering how they got the exact monster colors.

Though the black rubber plastic is nicer than a colored shell imho (colored side panels would be nice though)

Not modded. Gotway manufactured at GEVKorea power distributor request (reported over 1,000 units ACM alone ordered in 2016):

http://cafe.naver.com/gev010/17 (use google translate)

ACM 16" new Blue Shell Gotway Factory Drop Test Vid

GEVKorea Gotway 16" ACM+ 1300WH Product Page

complete GEVKorea requests to Gotway:

• custom GEVKorea-branded Android app for 16" 84V 1300WH ACM
  • Gotway Monster color matte shells
  • turning up response of each Gotway ride mode
  • expansion of ACM pedals
  • sturdier affixation of trolley handle
  • sturdier casing(?)
  • more foam in boxing to prevent damage in transit
  • better location of screw-in for heatsink plate
  • change to 4cm washer to be same as 18" MSuper3
  • clear sticker inside ACM case to indicate proper battery watt-hour

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Not modded. Gotway manufactured at GEVKorea power distributor request (reported over 1,000 units ACM alone ordered in 2016):

http://cafe.naver.com/gev010/17 (use google translate)

ACM 16" new Blue Shell Gotway Factory Drop Test Vid

GEVKorea Gotway 16" ACM+ 1300WH Product Page

KakaoTalk_20170211_230647979.jpg.9b94be0829bb57b40d24cec1b8c2934e.jpgKakaoTalk_20170211_230654816.jpg.f1eb2e942da5d0a7e947a8824c36ed2f.jpg

complete GEVKorea requests to Gotway:

• custom GEVKorea-branded Android app for 16" 84V 1300WH ACM
  • Gotway Monster color matte shells
  • turning up response of each Gotway ride mode
  • expansion of ACM pedals
  • sturdier affixation of trolley handle
  • sturdier casing(?)
  • more foam in boxing to prevent damage in transit
  • better location of screw-in for heatsink plate
  • change to 4cm washer to be same as 18" MSuper3
  • clear sticker inside ACM case to indicate proper battery watt-hour

Beyond the obvious interest in this subject, I find particularly interesting the comment about 1000 ordered in 2016. That's the first time I've read anything regarding sales numbers. If that number is just for the Korean distributer that bodes well for the ACM. Those might not be big numbers for an Apple sized company, but for a Mom & Pop company, that represents a lot of work. My vested interest in Gotway is because I want them to stay in business and continue making enthusiast wheels.

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Beyond the obvious interest in this subject, I find particularly interesting the comment about 1000 ordered in 2016. That's the first time I've read anything regarding sales numbers. If that number is just for the Korean distributer that bodes well for the ACM. Those might not be big numbers for an Apple sized company, but for a Mom & Pop company, that represents a lot of work. My vested interest in Gotway is because I want them to stay in business and continue making enthusiast wheels.

Mind you:

1. 1000+ ACM Units is the amount of units imported, not sold (although, obviously, this must be based on demand)
  2. Not sure if this number is just for GEVKorea, or for all Korea-based orders (I'm under the impression it's the latter)

Still, makes you realize how minuscule the US EUC market is in comparison to Asia or France/Europe sales volume. Asia (ex-Japan) and France alone do such big business that the distributors (as seen with GEVKorea) can dictate their own change requests.

Wow they are indeed by Gotway. Nice find! They do look like mini monsters, how cute:P

Though I'd be interested in "expansion of ACM pedals" and "turning up response of each Gotway ride mode". Are these pedals actually bigger? They look normal size. And something between normal and sport sensitivity would be cool too.

23 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wow they are indeed by Gotway. Nice find! They do look like mini monsters, how cute:P

Though I'd be interested in "expansion of ACM pedals" and "turning up response of each Gotway ride mode". Are these pedals actually bigger? They look normal size. And something between normal and sport sensitivity would be cool too.

Dunno.

Their chart showing pedals at 21cm (widest) seems to fall in line with current ACM pedal measurement along the longest base. Not sure if this is just recycled graphics or they didn't get this request fulfilled.

Increased response means harder pedals across all 3 Gotway ride modes. This request they seem to have gotten fulfilled, as the video drop test is an indication that, on the new hardest mode, dropping the ACM (simulating jumping down) does not result in significant pedal dip, which the prior version ACM in the vid appears to do.

• 2 months later...

Archived