MSuper V3S+ or Monster

Im enjoying my ACM at the moment but thinking of upgrading sometime soon. It will be my only wheel (I'll sell my ACM). Ride to work 7km (one way), cruse around town, mountain bike trails with friends (they think I dont do any work, ha ha), family bike riding though parks etc.

What would you choose and why?

Think V3 will be good choice, enough for your needs. For example: my way to work is 21 km (one way) with bad quality road, so in this case I will buy Monster for more soft ride.

Sorry for my english.

If you are riding to work and need to move your EUC for any distance while you are not mounted I would think the MSuper with the trolley would be the best choice.  I have the Monster and really enjoy its ability to handle roughly roads.  Canadian winter roads can get a bit rough and having the battery capacities in cold weather is good insurance. It is -19C where I am right now and I rode it for 20km this morning.  Falling off an EUC because I hit a pot hole is not something I want to do.  I find the Monster to be very comfortable and able to handle all the bumps and hills I have tried but I haven't tried the MSuper so I can't really compare. 

Personally, I would go (and did go) with the Monster:

• more power (1600W nominal / 3500W max vs MSuperV3S+: 1500W nominal / 3000W max)
  • harder pedal stiffness
  • more comfortable to sit with Gotway Monster + Monster seat than lower Gotway MSuper + MSuper seat
  • 22" tire: being the size of some car tires, smaller potholes become a non-issue, as compared to smaller EUCs.

for reference: 1 month owning Monster, rode a friend's MSuperV3S+ for a few hour test ride. I was waiting to buy the new 84V Gotway 18" MSuper3 until the 22" Monster was announced.

But this is me.

For most, the size and weight (~70lbs) is prohibitive for daily use.

But I've been commuting daily with my Monster perfectly fine, no issues.... albeit, everywhere I go has elevator access.

5 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

anyone has any info. if trolley for monster  Will be available ?

i do like that about msuper....

The Monster really is a large wheel. I just think a trolley handle would be too awkward to use with this wheel. You'd probably have to come up with something on your own if you really wanted one.

4 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

I'm leaning towards msuper more to be honest, even though I love my acm 680., at one point  though maybe to get 84v 1300 after watching your review ?

Just this past weekend we had a 7 person group ride. 3 of them are getting the 84v ACM, and that's what I was riding that day. It really is a great wheel. When you consider that the 84v ACM and MSuper share the same motor and electronics it makes sense that the ACM will be the faster accelerator because of it's smaller size and weight. The MSuper is a more comfortable ride because of the bigger wheel, but for pure sport the ACM rules.

Between monster and msuper.. i would go with the msuper. Especially if you're going to use it for daily commute. Just easier to handle the msuper. 

I was having a hard time picking between the 84v acm and msuper V3s. I got to test drive both this weekend and i loved the msuper for the smoothness of the ride and the feeling you get from that 18" wheel when you take on corners with a little speed. But it was slower to take off and to come to a stop with the msuper vs the acm. The acceleration wasnt as much of a problem for me as the braking. 

The acm is just awesome. The only thing that would make it better is if the peddals were slightly higher so you could make tighter turns at speed without having to worry about hitting the ground and flying off the wheel. 

Thanks again @Marty Backe  @captainwells @swvision for trusting me with your wheels ???

50 minutes ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

Between monster and msuper.. i would go with the msuper. Especially if you're going to use it for daily commute. Just easier to handle the msuper. 

I was having a hard time picking between the 84v acm and msuper V3s. I got to test drive both this weekend and i loved the msuper for the smoothness of the ride and the feeling you get from that 18" wheel when you take on corners with a little speed. But it was slower to take off and to come to a stop with the msuper vs the acm. The acceleration wasnt as much of a problem for me as the braking. 

The acm is just awesome. The only thing that would make it better is if the peddals were slightly higher so you could make tighter turns at speed without having to worry about hitting the ground and flying off the wheel. 

Thanks again @Marty Backe  @captainwells @swvision for trusting me with your wheels ???

I think the Msuper v3s+ is a combination of all the wheels put together but in a more manageable form. It almost has the comfort of a Monster but with the agility of a 16 inch wheel. You can take it with you to stores since it's pretty easy to move around with the trolley handle. Also, It can go very fast :)

2 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

I've seen a review on youtube in matte black and was wondering if that was the latest/ upgraded model, but I do like it a lot. Looks like time to start hunting for one :))

matte black is the latest/newest version....the glossy shell version was/is totally crap...if you have put a sticker on it, and later removed it, goodbye glossy plastic....

you can also have blue, red and white shell for the v3s now., but nearly nobody knows about that, because of the "good" communication of GW

Archived