BEST EUC for riding in the rain.

MagicCow

How was your battery at the time?  I wonder if you may have over-sped going downhill triggering the tiltback.  You have to slow down even further to get it to level out and keep under the safety speed to avoid it tiling back again.  If you are at a very low battery level, the tiltback is very noticeable so you have to go at super slow speed mode to limp home.  It's annoying, but it's a good safety feature.

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

How was your battery at the time?  I wonder if you may have over-sped going downhill triggering the tiltback.  You have to slow down even further to get it to level out and keep under the safety speed to avoid it tiling back again.  If you are at a very low battery level, the tiltback is very noticeable so you have to go at super slow speed mode to limp home.  It's annoying, but it's a good safety feature.

I was over 80+%

You might try one of the logging tools like 9botmetrics to document your ride and recreate the speeds you were going to engage the tiltback.  It would be interesting to see what speed and current you were generating while going downhill.  I'm betting that you likely went over 22 kph without realizing it so the wheel tried to slow you down.

EDIT:  Re-reading your other post, 14 MPH is 22 KPH so yeah you hit the tiltback speed.  When you hit that, lean back to slow down and it will fade back to normal.  You don't want to zoom really fast downhill as you could theoretically exceed what reserve torque there is left to speed up to create a tiltback which would end up with a faceplant.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:27 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You might try one of the logging tools like 9botmetrics to document your ride and recreate the speeds you were going to engage the tiltback.  It would be interesting to see what speed and current you were generating while going downhill.  I'm betting that you likely went over 22 kph without realizing it so the wheel tried to slow you down.

EDIT:  Re-reading your other post, 14 MPH is 22 KPH so yeah you hit the tiltback speed.  When you hit that, lean back to slow down and it will fade back to normal.  You don't want to zoom really fast downhill as you could theoretically exceed what reserve torque there is left to speed up to create a tiltback which would end up with a faceplant.

Yea, I think you're right. I headed back and went down that same hill again.. I definitely was over the 14 MPH mark.. just by how the wind felt... But now. I fell like a semi-pro.. after 3 weeks of riding... too and from work(don't even need my phone anymore to dictate the speed. Only issue now is, my calves and mostly my foot starts burning on long runs.  anyone know what you can do about the foot burning issue?? With my calve you can just adjust your foot placement, but not my foot..

I think most EUCs will handle rain without issue. It's the puddles that will get you.

Back when I had my Airwheel x8, I got caught in a storm and was going fine until I had to ride through some grass (the sidewalk ended)...the wheel wasn't powerful enough for my weight and threw me off and then it tumbled into a large puddle upside down (at least 8 inches deep). The wheel would no longer turn on. I took it apart, cleaned the board off with some electrical contact cleaner spray, put it back together, and kept riding it. Never had a problem. I was lucky.

Depending on your size and the distance you need to go will help determine the best wheel for you. I would not start with the ACM as your first wheel. 

3 hours ago, MagicCow said:

Yea, I think you're right. I headed back and went down that same hill again.. I definitely was over the 14 MPH mark.. just by how the wind felt... But now. I fell like a semi-pro.. after 3 weeks of riding... too and from work(don't even need my phone anymore to dictate the speed. Only issue now is, my calves and mostly my foot starts burning on long runs.  anyone know what you can do about the foot burning issue?? With my calve you can just adjust your foot placement, but not my foot..

Yeah you get a good feel for where 20-22 kph is on the Ninebot.  Just be careful not to go zooming past it too fast or the wheel might not have enough oomph to tilt back, but it should still beep I think.  Climbing uphill, I can make mine beep if I give it a little quick lean to make the current spike up.  To help with the feet, try doing heel - toe motions on one side at a time.  Make sure you have a good grip with your toe, but that motion really helps to keep the blood flowing.  It's like if someone told you to stand in the corner in one spot.  You would lift your heel to tilt on your toe and back now and then.  You can also go side to side on the foot a little too.  Riding in a slalom also helps.  I think also once you learn riding on one foot, you can shift your weight over to lift the foot and move it around.  You sort of brace your wheel against your inner calf and move your centre of balance... I haven't mastered that yet.

Archived