Minipro firmware 1.4 update

@Ozpeter

An accident or a series of it don't proof the device or the Brand mechanical or electronic faulty. ...

There are many more car accidents but nobody points the finger against a car brand for producing a less safety car than others. ..if someone with a car pass the train barriers while the train is passing, nobody can give the guilty to the company that produces that car...

I think that we all MUST take our proper responsibility for the conduct and the actions adopted in this world !!! 

Other thing is if we can proof that a device has inside hidden structural and project faulty elements so that for example, batteries explode,  motors shut off itself while riding... etc...etc.. Those IMHO are and should be the causes for a BBR Bad Brand Reputation ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And in a normal circumstance perhaps this may be a possibility but when you are dealing with a new product and a media that desperately looking for the next bad news story to cling to it truly is difficult to release a new product-type and allow it to be proven as good and useful before demonizing it. 

24 minutes ago, Pezman said:

And in a normal circumstance perhaps this may be a possibility but when you are dealing with a new product and a media that desperately looking for the next bad news story to cling to it truly is difficult to release a new product-type and allow it to be proven as good and useful before demonizing it. 

I think that our Mini Pro have been tested and stressed under several and severe tests ! 

They still have a great gap and margin in security before to arrive to be critical !

So, IMHO,  they act in a too much conservative restrictions in their firmwares. ...

Oh I agree with you 100%. 

I wish they would let us burn rubber... 

I see why they lean on the side of caution and I can appreciate that easily. Doesn't mean I would like to break the sound barrier :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone having trouble with firmware updates using the current/latest Android app?  I have two units, one on 1.3.1 and one on 1.2.8.  The app shows 1.4 available in release notes...but when you click 'check update' it always says 'latest version on the vehicle'.  Tried two different phones..and have updated to 1.4 using the app no problem on a third unit (but that was weeks ago).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just going to chime in and say I'm pretty happy with firmware 1.4.0.  I don't know if they have increased the speed, but they don't trigger the beeping quite so fast so as the speed jumps around a bit it's not always triggering the alarm I think.  I've not had any severe tiltback lately, but not sure if that is the firmware or my riding, but I think between 1.3.1 and 1.4.0 they definitely improved/limited the dangerous aggressive tilt back.  I'm roughly at 200km total so far which is not that much, but enough to sort of get a good feel for the regular feel for the machine under a wide variety of conditions.

Interesting debate re safety responsibility - I think the general view is that indeed I'm an aged reactionary!  :) 

But I'll throw in another thought - I would expect that Segway /  Ninebot would have a whole suite of tests they apply to the MiniPro each time they change the firmware, checking how it will work under a whole range of different usage scenarios before they unleash it on the public.  If we tinker around with the heart of the firmware to increase the speed, no individual is going to have the time to go through equivalent testing, looking for unexpected consequences.  You'd have to release it in the wild with the warning that it's not fully tested and that it might just kill you - in which case, you'd have to be a brave person to try it (and I don't doubt they exist!). 

I guess my attitude is formed by having been involved in an accident on mine which might well have resulted me being squashed flat by oncoming traffic when it threw me into a busy road when what I was trying to do was to back off the road to avoid that traffic.  Sure, just falling off at 20+km/h might leave you with nothing worse than a bruise or two, but worse things can happen when on or near roads or places with solid obstacles.  I've seen elsewhere (where?  of course now I can't find it) that Segway were particularly concerned with braking distances, given that there's no brakes as such and safely and rapidly de-accelerating a rider with nothing for him/her to hold on to is a tricky business.

Anyway, good luck with your endeavours but please be careful!

Agree..

My friend not see and bumps on a piece of wood 20cm x 20cm leaved at the border of a sidewalk,  just under its white part limits...:( practically. .. a disaster. ..:crying:

He's a guy of experience. .. ride EUC from 2012 as they comes out... but now his arm is seriously injured:crying: falling down, all his body weight crashed it... now are 2 months that has been operation just for 2 times on it.. and if lucky will have to cure for another two months. .. avoiding permanently inability. ...

3 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

...But I'll throw in another thought - I would expect that Segway /  Ninebot would have a whole suite of tests they apply to the MiniPro each time they change the firmware, checking how it will work under a whole range of different usage scenarios before they unleash it on the public....

Ninebot's history showing quite the opposite - they pushed out a few "crooked" firmwares to unsupecting users both on Ninebot one and MiniPro, that resulted in controller failures and bricked devices...

5 hours ago, zugu said:

Agree..

My friend not see and bumps on a piece of wood 20cm x 20cm leaved at the border of a sidewalk,  just under its white part limits...:( practically. .. a disaster. ..:crying:

He's a guy of experience. .. ride EUC from 2012 as they comes out... but now his arm is seriously injured:crying: falling down, all his body weight crashed it... now are 2 months that has been operation just for 2 times on it.. and if lucky will have to cure for another two months. .. avoiding permanently inability. ...

This thread might be getting off topic of firmware 1.4.0, but i don't see how the above is relevant to anything but how important it is to wear safety gear and the need to really watch the surface you are traveling on. 

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Ninebotwalt said:

Did anyone update higher than 1.4 so far?

Mine shows 1.0.4 - 1.0.7 update available...

Somebody with experience, hot it changed?

More beeping? Other limits?

Or even better???

Didn't ride my minipro's since there is not a good weather for that right now... So I didn't got my app running and connected to them either. But 1.0.7 sounds like a BMS firmware upgrade only? Could be a better battery life or something that is not even noticable to the end user...

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, icom said:

That test video is basically why i'm comfortable going out in the rain with my minipro

I am comfortable at riding any of my Ninebots even in hardest rain and since I commute I've experienced that they are built to withstand it. But snow and ice, or worse... - f... salt is no go

Archived