25 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Have you put protective padding on your wheel? If so how do you get it to stick? I ask because even double-sided gorilla tape seems completely unable to stick to my 1600.

I've seen others do it but I've never used any protective padding at all. 

It was this review that convinced me I should have an Msuper in my stable.

I said screw it about waiting for padding this machine, took it out onto my local street, and punched it up to the third and final warning.

No helmet, no gloves, no protection at all on me or the wheel, no problem. Stable like the Titanic, and probably just as likely to fail on her maiden voyage. At nearly 30 mph that's a damn sight faster I ever did on a bicycle.

Basically I did a Tishawn.

It was then, with the wind watering my eyes, that the wheel's name appeared to me.

"Thanatos".

(My other wheel's name is Cindy).

I'm putting Thanatos away for a couple of weeks. Too bloody dangerous by far.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn, that's  one sweet wheel!

...but 30 miles per hour with no protection? #YOLO

LoL

On 3/28/2017 at 8:08 PM, LanghamP said:

It was this review that convinced me I should have an Msuper in my stable.

I said screw it about waiting for padding this machine, took it out onto my local street, and punched it up to the third and final warning.

No helmet, no gloves, no protection at all on me or the wheel, no problem. Stable like the Titanic, and probably just as likely to fail on her maiden voyage. At nearly 30 mph that's a damn sight faster I ever did on a bicycle.

Basically I did a Tishawn.

It was then, with the wind watering my eyes, that the wheel's name appeared to me.

"Thanatos".

(My other wheel's name is Cindy).

I'm putting Thanatos away for a couple of weeks. Too bloody dangerous by far.

"Thanatos" --- I love it!!! Trust me after awhile you will get use to it!!!

On 6/7/2017 at 8:26 PM, edwin_rm said:

Damn, that's  one sweet wheel!

...but 30 miles per hour with no protection? #YOLO

LoL

Oh trust me - One thing about our hobby - falling comes with the territory.... YOLO! haha!! I Love it!

On 2017-03-03 at 6:25 PM, Marty Backe said:

On 2017-03-03 at 6:26 PM, Pingouin said:

Have a look here http://www.hovding.com/how_hovding_works

It cost 299 euros, with a 50% discount on the second one, it seems a little expensive, but compared to a good motorbike helmet it's not that much, the great advantage is that it doesn't cover your head all the time, only your neck ;)

A direct question was put to the makers of hövding (indian chief - direct translation), if their "helmet" could be used on self-balancing scooters like segways and EUCs. Their answer was an unequivocal NO!

Their explanation was that the triggering algorithm is tuned for the acceleration forces in a bike accident and that they are very specific. They want to be 100% sure it inflates in such an accident, and 100% sure it doesn't if there is none... The forces in play on a EUC are a bit alike, but at the same time subtly different, so the helmet may trigger, but it may also let your head do an imitation of a dropped watermelon – and if the people you leave behind try to make an issue of it, they will kindly point out that it is a bicycle-helmet. :D

Just so you know. I checked it, because I was tempted to go for a Hövding.

1 minute ago, Dingfelder said:

That's good to know.  It looked like a cool thing ... 

Sure did, that was why I was checking it out :P

The thought of having a helmet without a helmet was tempting. But the worst thing I can think of, is thinking you have a helmet, when you really don't...

4 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Sure did, that was why I was checking it out :P

The thought of having a helmet without a helmet was tempting. But the worst thing I can think of, is thinking you have a helmet, when you really don't...

That's for sure.

It was pretty crazy expensive, wasn't it?

Man, I am dying to get a V3 but I am still too concerned about factory issues. Really hoping Gotway releases a batch that goes a few months without a single issue (I can dream, right?). I LOVE my ACM+ but there are some offroad areas and some very specific things that I believe I would enjoy more on the V3.

• 3 months later...

I have a question about the v3 as i have been eyeing one up now for a while now but I am also open to suggestions about other wheels too that anyone could recommend but i live in manchester so rain is pretty much a daily occurrence so i am curious to how it deals with water as i pretty much need it to be water tight with how much it rains, I have been alright so far on my ips 191 but i know the water has got in more than I would like and had to remove some of the leds because of corrosion so if anyone has has a v3 open or knows how it handles the wet and the dirt it would be a great help thanks in advance

3 hours ago, SinisterPrime said:

I have a question about the v3 as i have been eyeing one up now for a while now but I am also open to suggestions about other wheels too that anyone could recommend but i live in manchester so rain is pretty much a daily occurrence so i am curious to how it deals with water as i pretty much need it to be water tight with how much it rains, I have been alright so far on my ips 191 but i know the water has got in more than I would like and had to remove some of the leds because of corrosion so if anyone has has a v3 open or knows how it handles the wet and the dirt it would be a great help thanks in advance

Check out the videos by @EU GUY. He's successfully waterproofed his MSuper and he loves the wheel.

On 19.9.2017 at 8:27 PM, Marty Backe said:

Check out the videos by @EU GUY. He's successfully waterproofed his MSuper and he loves the wheel.

Also, don't forget to apply a thin layer of silicone around the sidepanels as well. Water tends to drop in at the top. If needed, I can show with a video. Let me know

On 17.6.2017 at 11:38 AM, Trey Lewis said:

Man, I am dying to get a V3 but I am still too concerned about factory issues. Really hoping Gotway releases a batch that goes a few months without a single issue (I can dream, right?). I LOVE my ACM+ but there are some offroad areas and some very specific things that I believe I would enjoy more on the V3.

1600km on my msuper V3S+. No issues whatsoever. Latest firmware and new motor connectors 

21 minutes ago, caelus said:

So, you can easily update the firmware and make sure to overcome the reported oscillation issues?

Pretty sure its by default on wheels produced by gotway after they rolled it out for resellers. 
I havent heard about any problems at all with the msuper v3s+ after the firmware was rolled out. :)

1 hour ago, EU GUY said:

1600km on my msuper V3S+. No issues whatsoever. Latest firmware and new motor connectors 

Wow, you're really riding that wheel :cheers:

Don't forget to give your ACM some love every once in awhile :)

Just now, LanghamP said:

The MSuper is magnificent. I need to sell mine as I cannot easily lug it up three flights of stairs.

Sounds like someone needs to move

• 3 months later...
On 3/2/2017 at 9:24 AM, Tishawn Fahie said:

This exactly how I ride in the streets of Manhattan - Potholes and cracks crazy taxi's every where. I slow down even if the street look uneven!  No headphones no music my eyes are glued to the ground most of the time. I can't describe the feeling but it's an hydrenalin rush being in traffic like that! 

Knock on wood no face plants since the Ninebot days.....

No headphones/music?! I couldn't do that!

Archived