On 8/6/2019 at 6:08 PM, julioviegas said:

For all Z10 riders using DarknessBot app: how do you setup the amperage alarm? I’m not only looking for the parameter you actually use, but understand how that works. TIA

Settings / Application / Alarms / By amperage

On 8/7/2019 at 5:16 PM, Chili D said:

The only bit issue I’ve experienced is the battery level being a reflecting lower than what the kingsong app shows. KS app has been more true as I ride. 

This is no issue, because 4.2V per cell = 100%, 3.3V - 0% (by safety reasons). You can ride with lower voltage, but it's unsafety. DarknessBot will not motivate such a trip

Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2019 at 8:15 AM, mrelwood said:

- The app crashes at every fourth launch or so.

Can you to provide crashreports? On macOS: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice (after iPhone sync via iTunes)

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik

On 8/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, mrelwood said:

Today I tried WheelLog on Android. Amazing! Connects and records data immediately, and even reconnects right away as soon as the wheel is turned on, even if I didn’t touch the Android that had been display-sleeping for hours.

Android is a lot less strict when it comes to background apps. Makes it a lot easier to do this kind of stuff reliably. 

On 8/7/2019 at 9:26 PM, AtlasP said:

Any updates regarding fixing V10[F] integration? (Mentioned earlier in thread by several people but not on that roadmap.)

Added in roadmap

• Like 1

Hey @Ilya Shkolnik thanks again for this app. We love it. I just noticed that I can no longer reset a trip or max speed on the latest version 5.3

I used to be able to reset it on the lower right side of max speed and singe mileage . Any ideas?

thanks again for creating this!

mark

14 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Hey @Ilya Shkolnik thanks again for this app. We love it. I just noticed that I can no longer reset a trip or max speed on the latest version 5.3

I used to be able to reset it on the lower right side of max speed and singe mileage . Any ideas?

thanks again for creating this!

mark

Hi, manual trip reset will be in next beta 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Statistics DarknessBot model of electric vehicle on August 13:

chart-2.thumb.png.32b375acadbdb7bacc93de0f2332a76d.png

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

Statistics DarknessBot model of electric vehicle on August 13:

On one hand, no surprise that scooters outnumber EUCs. (Explains why Darknessbot's roadmap right now unfortunately seems to be heavily prioritizing development regarding scooters.)

On the other hand, people should be very careful reading into these numbers regarding EUC proportions. For example, there's still the bug with Darknessbot and the InMotion V10 which means they can't really use Darknessbot. (I had to go back to the native app when getting my V10F until the bug is fixed.) Not to mention InMotion has a more usable native app in the first place compared to King Song or Gotway, meaning more InMotion users likely use the native app (or no app on a daily basis) without even searching for/knowing there's an alternative. There could also be alignment between wheel brands and phone brands--so for example King Song riders might be way more likely to use Android instead of ios (hence not using Darknessbot). More broadly I would expect enthusiast wheels are over-represented here as their audience is most likely to use a third-party app, whereas there are probably a lot more V5/V8's and Ninebot One's and especially Segway MiniLite/MiniPro's in the wild at least in North America.

Edited by AtlasP

Posted (edited)

introTrips.png.1be38502d94439c9cef31930c525a6b0.png

What's new in beta 5.3-227:
- Added Intro
- Trips: Improved UI
- Trips: Returned ability for manual start new trip
- Alarms: Max speed up to 80 kph
- Fixed display of Battery Capacity

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik
  • Like 1