3 minutes ago, radial said:

I can't use the InMotion app to set the speed limit any higher than 19 mph / 30 kph.  The slider doesn't slide any further to the right.  Using the DarkBot app, I can raise the speed limit to 22 mph / 35 kph.  If I then go back into the InMotion app, sure enough, the higher speed limit has been set.  But don't touch the slider or it goes back to the lower limit and you have to use DarkBot to raise it again.  

That's probably the difference between the V5 and the V8 though?  For V5, maximum speed inside the InMotion app is restricted to 16mph :( 

DarknessBot does allow you to slide up to 35kph, but it then reverts back down to 24kph.

Edited by Whinters

8 minutes ago, Whinters said:

That's probably the difference between the V5 and the V8 though?  For V5, maximum speed inside the InMotion app is restricted to 16mph :( 

DarknessBot does allow you to slide up to 35kph, but it then reverts back down to 24kph.

Ah, sorry, I didn't notice you were a V5 tester.  I'm testing with my V8, and the speed limit unlock feature seems to be working there.  Hopefully the developer will get it working for the V5 too.  

On 11.08.2017 at 4:54 PM, Whinters said:

Can you set speed to 3 kph ?

On 11.08.2017 at 5:05 PM, radial said:

Ah, sorry, I didn't notice you were a V5 tester.  I'm testing with my V8, and the speed limit unlock feature seems to be working there.  Hopefully the developer will get it working for the V5 too.  

Seems on V5 max speed is 24 kph configured by firmware. It not changed via BLE.

On V8 (tested on FM 1.0.9, 1.1.1) max speed is 35 kph configured by firmware. On FM 0.9.8 max speed is 30 kph

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

Seems on V5 max speed is 24 kph configured by firmware. It not changed via BLE.

On V8 (tested on FM 1.0.9, 1.1.1) max speed is 35 kph configured by firmware. On FM 0.9.8 max speed is 30 kph

Hi ILya, looking forward to try the unlock to the V8... when is the update coming to the App Store?

Thanks

21 hours ago, Noillek said:

Hi ILya, looking forward to try the unlock to the V8... when is the update coming to the App Store?

Thanks

~2-3 weeks. Today I with palachzzz will be connect Moscow community for adding settings KS/Gotway for sniffing commands. It will be in DarknessBot and WheelLog

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

~2-3 weeks. Today I with palachzzz will be connect Moscow community for adding settings KS/Gotway for sniffing commands. It will be in DarknessBot and WheelLog

Does that mean in the future DarknessBot will allow Settings for KingSong also? And will you also try to "manipulate" Speed there? :-)

Ilya, thanks for all your work on this app, I've truly been enjoying it.

I'm  still confused, will we be able to unlock speed on the V5f+ more then the 24km/h ??

thanks

2 hours ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

Yep

I am very interested to see if that "Speed-Modifications" will work out on a KingSong, as they do not only have a model based Speed Limit implemented into their Firmware, also there are Speed restrictions on Batterie percentages.....And as far as i know These are all set by the wheel Firmware and can not (imho) not be overwritten by the app Software. But i stay tuned ;-)

This is one of my favorite threads!  I can't wait to see what @Ilya Shkolnik will be able to do with this app next!

One thing that I would love to see is the ability to put one (or more) of the panels of data on the phone's lock screen.  This would allow me to simply "wake" the phone, like checking what time it is, to see the speed I am traveling at or the battery life left in the EUC.  Currently I need to unlock the phone and go into the app in order to get this, which takes too much time when riding.  Quick viewing access to speed and or battery life (or a panel of my choosing) would be awesome!

Thanks again @Ilya Shkolnik for all of your great work on this app!  Can't wait to never open my KS or Inmotion apps again :)

2 hours ago, Maximus said:

This is one of my favorite threads!  I can't wait to see what @Ilya Shkolnik will be able to do with this app next!

One thing that I would love to see is the ability to put one (or more) of the panels of data on the phone's lock screen.  This would allow me to simply "wake" the phone, like checking what time it is, to see the speed I am traveling at or the battery life left in the EUC.  Currently I need to unlock the phone and go into the app in order to get this, which takes too much time when riding.  Quick viewing access to speed and or battery life (or a panel of my choosing) would be awesome!

Thanks again @Ilya Shkolnik for all of your great work on this app!  Can't wait to never open my KS or Inmotion apps again :)

Probably what you're thinking about is using the 'Notifications' in the iphone to be able to popup a window on the lockscreen something like a imessage does or even a missed phone call. (That is if you have it enabled in the "Notifications center" of the settings.)

2 hours ago, abinder3 said:

Probably what you're thinking about is using the 'Notifications' in the iphone to be able to popup a window on the lockscreen something like a imessage does or even a missed phone call. (That is if you have it enabled in the "Notifications center" of the settings.)

I see what you are saying about the notifications, but no, I was actually talking about showing the info on the lock screen like if you set a timer for 10 minutes and then wake your phone up; you can not only see the time of day but also the running timer...maybe that's not possible to show the info from the Darknessbot app like that, but I'm not looking for a static notification, but instead a dynamic or changing display from the lock screen that shows up to date speed or battery life.  Again, maybe it's not possible, but I thought I'd ask :smartass:

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Maximus said:

I see what you are saying about the notifications, but no, I was actually talking about showing the info on the lock screen like if you set a timer for 10 minutes and then wake your phone up; you can not only see the time of day but also the running timer...maybe that's not possible to show the info from the Darknessbot app like that, but I'm not looking for a static notification, but instead a dynamic or changing display from the lock screen that shows up to date speed or battery life.  Again, maybe it's not possible, but I thought I'd ask :smartass:

Something like a 'widget'?

2 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Something like a 'widget'?

Yeah, I guess?  I don't have many examples of functionality from the lock screen, other than date, time, running timer, and maybe a remote for your music player?  Maybe that stuff is just too embedded into the iOS and @Ilya Shkolnik can't tap into that area of the phone, but again, just wanted to ask...

6 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Yeah, I guess?  I don't have many examples of functionality from the lock screen, other than date, time, running timer, and maybe a remote for your music player?  Maybe that stuff is just too embedded into the iOS and @Ilya Shkolnik can't tap into that area of the phone, but again, just wanted to ask...

Actually I'm pretty sure that apps can support widgets if the developer uses that function. 

To see what widgets are currently available from your lock screen, just activate the lock screen and the sweep to the right on the lock screen.  A window will come in from the left with the current widgets that are currently available for the apps you have. 

Scroll all the way to the bottom of that widget screen and you will see 'Edit'. Press that and the iPhone will ask you for the "Touch ID or Enter Passcode".  Once you use either Touch ID or enter the Passcode, it will unlock and a screen to add, edit, and change the order of the available widgets will come up. 

Currently there's no widget available for the DarknessBot app. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Maximus said:

Widgets are possible, but require you to click on home and swipe right once. On the lock screen itself as done by the iOS timer is not possible for developers.

I guess you could do fancy stuff with Apple Watch glances, but then again, try wearing your Apple Watch when you are also wearing wrist protection.

15 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Widgets are possible, but require you to click on home and swipe right once. On the lock screen itself as done by the iOS timer is not possible for developers.

I guess you could do fancy stuff with Apple Watch glances, but then again, try wearing your Apple Watch when you are also wearing wrist protection.

You can access the widgets from the lock screen just like you would from the home screen.

12 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

You can access the widgets from the lock screen just like you would from the home screen.

I said "click on home", this is the button on the bottom of the phone, as to wake up the screen (unless you have auto screen awake enabled), I didn't mention unlocking the phone and going to the home screen.

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

I said "click on home", this is the button on the bottom of the phone, as to wake up the screen (unless you have auto screen awake enabled), I didn't mention unlocking the phone and going to the home screen.

You didn't specifically state you were talking about the home button.  To bring up the lock can also be done by clicking on the power button.  So since you didn't state anything about a 'button', I went on the assumption you were talking about 'home'; the 'home screen. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I guess you could do fancy stuff with Apple Watch glances, but then again, try wearing your Apple Watch when you are also wearing wrist protection

Great point about the watch. That was definitely something I've been considering, but hadn't thought about the wrist protection getting in the way :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

Great point about the watch. That was definitely something I've been considering, but hadn't thought about the wrist protection getting in the way :facepalm:

It definitely gets in the way.  I use my watch for everything else, but it comes off when I'm getting ready to ride.  

Edited by radial

10 minutes ago, z3n said:

Just installed Darknessbot on my phone. Didn't find any feature to unlock V8's speed limit. Is the version not updated yet on App Store?

nope! perhaps read back a bit...should take about another 2weeks or 10 days from now....

17 hours ago, abinder3 said:

You didn't specifically state you were talking about the home button.  To bring up the lock can also be done by clicking on the power button.  So since you didn't state anything about a 'button', I went on the assumption you were talking about 'home'; the 'home screen. 

No problem:)

Nice app btw. Use it all the time with my v8