51 minutes ago, Chili D said:

That’s a bummer. Thanks for letting me know  

suggestions after using the app a lot over the last couple days. 

1)have a “nearby you” dropdown option in the Ratings for those who allow their location to be known. 

2)allow nicknames to be shorter and include special characters 

3)Instead of making the speed type dependent on location, make both speeds visible on the tile, but the default choice is larger (like car speedos)

4)explanation of the purchase options in the help section  (including other features like AR)

5)overlay a choice of metrics on the video recorded

1) Not in nearest releases

2) Nicknames with special symbols = chaos. Only letters and numbers

3) GPS Speed not in priority. Wheel speed is more accuracy

4) Help screen in plans

5) It's already included in Recorder inapp

4 hours ago, Chili D said:

That’s a bummer. Thanks for letting me know  

suggestions after using the app a lot over the last couple days. 

-have a “nearby you” dropdown option in the Ratings for those who allow their location to be known. 

-allow nicknames to be shorter and include special characters 

-Instead of making the speed type dependent on location, make both speeds visible on the tile, but the default choice is larger (like car speedos)

-explanation of the purchase options in the help section  (including other features like AR)

-overlay a choice of metrics on the video recorded

Thanks!

chili

3 hours ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

1) Not in nearest releases

2) Nicknames with special symbols = chaos. Only letters and numbers

3) GPS Speed not in priority. Wheel speed is more accuracy

4) Help screen in plans

5) It's already included in Recorder inapp

Good stuff! Thanks for you insights  

2. What about fewer than 6 alphanumeric? :)

3. Was referring to kph and mph showing on the speed tile concurrently , not talking about gps versus wheel speed. Give users option to select default speed and it becomes the much larger font on the tile  

4. Nice!

5. Didn’t purchase yet because I don’t know what it could do. #4 being made will help with understanding capability 

thanks,

chili

For several weeks (and beta updates) now, every day when I launch DarknessBot for the first time, it doesn’t see my MSX. I only see other devices (my neighbors’ TVs) in the connect menu. If I force quit and relaunch the app, it always sees the wheel immediately and connects automatically.

This is on latest stable iOS, iPhone 6, DarknessBot beta. Something seems to happen when the app has been inactive for several (maybe ~10?) hours. A few times I was able to get it to connect when clicking a notification to another app, spending a few minutes there and then coming back. But only a few times.

App Nap issue?

Edited by mrelwood

2 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

For several weeks (and beta updates) now, every day when I launch DarknessBot for the first time, it doesn’t see my MSX. I only see other devices (my neighbors’ TVs) in the connect menu. If I force quit and relaunch the app, it always sees the wheel immediately and connects automatically.

This is on latest stable iOS, iPhone 6, DarknessBot beta. Something seems to happen when the app has been inactive for several (maybe ~10?) hours. A few times I was able to get it to connect when clicking a notification to another app, spending a few minutes there and then coming back. But only a few times.

App Nap issue?

Same here with my MSuper v3+.   I just figured it was a problem with my MSuper because I can always connect with my KS16s.  (DarknessBot likes my neighbors coffee machine)

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

App Nap issue?

It's a known issue. You can Bluetooth turn off/on in Control Panel as a more quick workaround. iOS continues to keep wheel connection while the application is closed. It's may be fixed in future releases

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wheeler Von Calamity said:

I thought the percentage was based on battery voltage.

It is. And it has been discussed before.

100% = 4.2V per cell, all else is up to the app developer to decide. 0% may be 3.2V or 3.0V. And even if 0% were the same, the curve might not be linear, making 50% different in each app.

Battery voltage does not drop linearly. IIRC the voltage drops fast from 4.2V, but settles down later on. Then again at the lower side, more current is needed for the same power so the voltage drops faster again. Some apps try to make the % scale seem linear, some don’t.

Software updates are very unlikely to ever be added on 3rd party apps. The process requires communication with the manufacturer servers, and I’m sure they would change something if someone published an app that can upgrade the firmware.

20 hours ago, Wheeler Von Calamity said:

will  DarknessBot ever emulate all the features of the original Kingsong app including firmware updates? I'm also curious to know why the Battery percentage is always lower in Darknessbot compared to what is shown in the Kingsong app I thought the percentage was based on battery voltage.

About KS features: FM updates will be excluded

About battery level: Another algorithm for calculation: 3.3V for cell = 0%, 4.2V = 100%

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just bought myself an iPhone 4S to use it with this app. When I try to download the app from the appstore, it tells me to update to IOS 10, which is not availabe for the 4S. 

On page one of this thread "The application is available only for iOS 9.0 and higher." I run iOS 9.3.5. What am I doing wrong, how to install the app? Never had an iPhone before and bought it only to use wirh darknessbot, please help.

2 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Hi, I just bought myself an iPhone 4S to use it with this app. When I try to download the app from the appstore, it tells me to update to IOS 10, which is not availabe for the 4S. 

On page one of this thread "The application is available only for iOS 9.0 and higher." I run iOS 9.3.5. What am I doing wrong, how to install the app? Never had an iPhone before and bought it only to use wirh darknessbot, please help.

The App Store is the source of truth, not the thread you’re reading. 

Scroll down in the App Store and expand the compatibility section and you’ll get your definitive answer.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2018 at 7:06 AM, Obsidian said:

iOS 10.0+

20 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Great, maybe you should update this information in the first post.

Hope the iPhone works good as an paperweight...

Forum blocks editing posts after several months.

@US69 can you change the minimum iOS version to 10.0 in Head?

• Upvote 1