V8 Featured on UnboxTherapy

Jason McNeil

haha....

As i saw the charger and the Accessoires yesterday I directly knew it was you who sent it!

fortunatly he found someone able to ride, as without the last 30 seconds it would have been no good promo for our case.....

he should have set a link in the description to your website :-(

but real good job Jason!!!

That douch  bag gets a $900 anonymous gift in the mail and THAT'S the video he produces!!.  7.4 million idiot followers following an idiot.  Seriously,  he couldn't even spend 10 minutes on you tube to see what he had been sent, and how to use it!? What a prat ! Take off that hat, and all you have is a goofy nerd, with a big mouth.

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

That douch  bag gets a $900 anonymous gift in the mail and THAT'S the video he produces!!

Actually, there was a fair amount of correspondence before I sent him the Wheel. He's got his unique presentation style, but look, the viewership figures speak for themselves. 

In the ideal world, of course we'd want every celebrity/reviewer to give the Wheel the time and attention it deserves. Outreach is one of  THE main criteria for success in modern marketing. Now, anyone who sees you riding a Wheel & reaches for his phone to find out more, will come across this video, increasing the probability of another convert. Everything in this business is incremental, we need the world know about the existence of the Electric Unicycle.

The last 10 seconds were crucial to the review.

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

That's ok, we're the Exclusive US dealer & all North American search results lead back to www.ewheels.com ;) 

Some important person once said, there is no negative publicity. Its all what you make out of it. I dont like the unbox guy myself, but as @Jason McNeil said, its a jump point because his vid will be found by many more people that never came across a EUC before. And his vid has way more outreach than a similarly priced advertisement billboard somewhere in a City.

Good idea Jason!

Brilliant!

8 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Yeah, if you google "InMotion V8", top link and lone sponsored ad points to eWheels. I think Jason will be fine ; )

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

That douch  bag gets a $900 anonymous gift in the mail and THAT'S the video he produces!!.

@Jason McNeil I think you need to find more douche bags with 7M+ followers ranked in the YouTube top 200 subscriber count! Maybe even mine Instagram? :D

7 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

I know we all hate watching someone that is totally inept riding an EUC let alone reporting on it but if @Jason McNeil receives only 1,oooth% public interest from over 7 million viewers he will become a very rich man! 

Keep us posted if you see an uptick on your sales as a result of the review! 

Here are the money shots Jason!

You almost made me order a V8 just because it's so nice and shiny in that video (despite getting my 16 inch first wheel only weeks ago)... so the video might get some people interested enough to look at other EUC videos and maybe get one.

GJ spreading the word!

10 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

And when he took of the wrap and showed some good close ups of how good the wheel looks surely helped also, even if he was unfamiliar with it.

$900 dollars for over 7 million potential views?  Seems like good advertising:thumbup:

11 hours ago, steve454 said:

$900 dollars for over 7 million potential views?

I thought it's rather like 3.5 billion people known to have internet access in this universe.

Well I seem to be in a minority here. But as an EUC rider, I'm used to that.

I thought I was being supportive of Jason, because I thought that kid with the wooden add on frame made a better video, and showed the EUC in a better light, than this numb skull with a hat.  I don't subscribe to the "any video with an EUC in it MUST be a good video" theory, and I don't subscribe to the "any publicity is good publicity" theory.  How good would the publicity have been if news channels across the world had video of the Welsh rider who got into a fight with a motorist and had his wheel confiscated ? Or if ALL OUR face plants suddenly showed up on the web?   If  I recall the whole world watched pres-o-dent Bush fall off a Segway and it did nothing for their sales except make them a laughing stock everywhere, for ever.

I subscribe to many YouTube  channels but I rarely go back and watch more than the first two or three videos.  I subscribe in case I want to find them again, but I rarely go back, so counting me as a viewer on those channels would be inaccurate.  And im sure that the kind of people who DO watch Dumb box therapy probably get dozens of EUC related YouTube suggestions in the side bar, just like many of us did when we discovered the EUC.  So no, I don't buy it.  I do, however, hope Jason's sales go up because of it, but AliExpress dealers are as likely to profit as Jason.

I stand by what I said. I have heard nothing here to "make me see the light" The video was crap; poorly produced and poorly edited, and the content was amateurish, and even disrespectful of the product and by default the sender, who should AT THE VERY LEAST should have got a mention.

i also think that people who watch channels like this don't buy EUCs because they don't fit the demographic.  How many of his viewers are older than 45? Only the ones on here who watched because of Jason's link, I would guess.

And @Mono, I understand. ? But those 3.5billion people with access to the Internet, have not been waiting for THIS one video to introduce the wonderful world of EUC to them.  Last time I checked there were one or two EUC vids out there.

12 hours ago, Smoother said:

I subscribe to many YouTube  channels but I rarely go back and watch more than the first two or three videos.  I subscribe in case I want to find them again, but I rarely go back, so counting me as a viewer on those channels would be inaccurate.

Sure, the subscription rate is not the views rate, but they are correlated and the above vid got more than 1 million clicks. 

I do, however, hope Jason's sales go up because of it, but AliExpress dealers are as likely to profit as Jason.

As one of our fellow friends in a french forum suggested, each EUC sold on AliExpress serves as advertisement for Jason as well, because it serves to spread the news that EUCs are around and operational and fun. I think he is dead right.  

i also think that people who watch channels like this don't buy EUCs because they don't fit the demographic.  How many of his viewers are older than 45?

Right, few, but young people is the demographics one would need to reach to promote EUCs in the long run. If the kids will not bite the bait, the role of EUCs will remain marginal forever.

But those 3.5billion people with access to the Internet, have not been waiting for THIS one video to introduce the wonderful world of EUC to them.

If that would be the case, Jason wouldn't have a good time for many years to come ;) In any case, I believe the point is to reach anybody regardless, to spread knowledge about the existence of EUCs to each and everyone. Some people will like the vid, some don't, that is how it is. It is not my cup of tea either, but so what.

Last time I checked there were one or two EUC vids out there.

One or two EUC vids out there? Probably not even a single other one with 1 million views. 

I do, however, hope Jason's sales go up because of it, but AliExpress dealers are as likely to profit as Jason.

The average UnboxTherapy viewer likely has no clue what AliExpress is, and no InMotion V8 AliExpress links even show up on the first page Google search results for "InMotion V8"

i also think that people who watch channels like this don't buy EUCs because they don't fit the demographic.  How many of his viewers are older than 45? Only the ones on here who watched because of Jason's link, I would guess.

You'd be surprised. The Casey Neistat vid drove enough sales to make sending a free KS14C worth it, and this UnboxTherapy guy has a similar demo, and significantly more subs than Casey did at the time (still has more subs). Otherwise, Jason wouldn't be sending free V8's just for kicks.

13 hours ago, abinder3 said:

Actually, I feel that Ben who has the YouTube channel "AuthenTech" did one of the best reviews on the V3pro and the V5F+ wheels that @Jason McNeil sent him to review.  His reviews seems pretty unbiased and informative.

Whenever I have to explain EUCs to someone, I just go "hard to explain, watch this" and show them Ben's V5 review. There's very little footage around that makes it easy to understand what EUCs are and how they work intuitively and this video does it pretty well.

16 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

??????

there Are hundreds of videos out on YouTube ...what did you count as "Euc" video?

No sarcasm in Germany?

edit.  Sorry, humour on my part.  Of course there are hundreds if not thousands of videos on the Internet.

Archived