Griffith Park Group Ride - Sat Mar 4th 2017

Marty Backe

6 hours ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

Definitely! My first time also. Ive been riding for a little over a year now and so far havent ran into any other riders in Glendale so im pretty excited.

I ordered a 1300wh ACM from Speedyfeet on Feb 13 but still no sign of it. I was hoping it would arrive before we meet but hopefully someone at the meet will have one and maybe ill get to compare it to the msuper and feel better about my decision to go with the ACM ? 

Good to have you on board Ando! See you Sat. You can try out my msuper v3s+, ACM's going to be way better for hill climbs though. It's has more torque and better center of gravity. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

Definitely! My first time also. Ive been riding for a little over a year now and so far havent ran into any other riders in Glendale so im pretty excited.

I ordered a 1300wh ACM from Speedyfeet on Feb 13 but still no sign of it. I was hoping it would arrive before we meet but hopefully someone at the meet will have one and maybe ill get to compare it to the msuper and feel better about my decision to go with the ACM ? 

I'm riding my 1300wh ACM on Saturday (also bought from Speedyfeet, but that was before the Chinese New Year).

Went for an early morning ride on the bike path between El Segundo to where it ends at Torrance Beach. About 17.5 mikes round trip. 

(Getting ready for Saturday's ride at Griffith Park.)

I was able to ride up and down the long hill on Grand Ave to the beach here in El Segundo. 

At at the end of the bike path in Torrance Beach, there's a very steep hill between 2 buildings.  My KS18 was able to go up, but I was going slow.  The KS18 sure does have lots of power. 

Allen

50 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Went for an early morning ride on the bike path between El Segundo to where it ends at Torrance Beach. About 17.5 mikes round trip. 

I was able to ride up and down the long hill on Grand Ave to the beach here in El Segundo. 

At at the end of the bike path in Torrance Beach, there's a very steep hill between 2 buildings.  My KS18 was able to go up, but I was going slow.  The KS18 sure does have lots of power. 

Allen

Nice to see someone else riding the beach. I've been riding these paths every week - I can almost ride it blind folded now :)

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Nice to see someone else riding the beach. I've been riding these paths every week - I can almost ride it blind folded now :)

It's nice to know that my KS18 can go up and down the hill on Grand Ave here in El Segundo. Knowing that, I won't need to get the car out to go to the beach anymore. :)

3 hours ago, abinder3 said:

Allen

BTW, if you happened to have seen my video where I'm riding the MSuper thru the waves, that was taken on the beach right where you are riding.

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, if you happened to have seen my video where I'm riding the MSuper thru the waves, that was taken on the beach right where you are riding.

Yes !!!!!  I realized where it was when I first saw your video.

I don't think that I'd ever get the nerve to ride it like you did in the surf.

Allen

On 2/24/2017 at 5:46 PM, Marty Backe said:

I'm now working on documenting all of the possible Southern California EUC friendly routes. They will all be available via Google Earth.

This will be greatly appreciated!  I need to find some new places to ride.

23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm riding my 1300wh ACM on Saturday (also bought from Speedyfeet, but that was before the Chinese New Year).

I'm trying to decide which wheel to ride on Saturday and I'm not familiar with that area.  I'm curious why you're choosing your ACM over the MSuper or Monster.  Uphill torque?

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I ride the beach bike path between Marina Del Rey and Redondo a few days a week.  I'm surprised I haven't run into you guys.

55 minutes ago, captainwells said:

I ride the beach bike path between Marina Del Rey and Redondo a few days a week.  I'm surprised I haven't run into you guys.

I usually ride in on Wednesday, 2ish.  The weather is so nice I'm actually going to ride the Monster tomorrow (Friday) from Dockweiler Beach down south to Redondo Beach and back. I'll probably get to the path ~2pm.  It's a loooong lunch break.  I work in El Segundo but live in Downey, so the beach rides are lunchtime rides for me. 

1 hour ago, captainwells said:

I'm trying to decide which wheel to ride on Saturday and I'm not familiar with that area.  I'm curious why you're choosing your ACM over the MSuper or Monster.  Uphill torque?

I've ridden every wheel I have (see my signature) around Griffith Park, and they all work fine. But the ACM is the best climber of the bunch, plus I just love riding it. I rode the Monster last time I was there so I'm going with the ACM this time. Seeing your collection, I know that you can relate to having a selection to pick from based on how you feel that particular day :)

3 hours ago, captainwells said:

When I ride the bike path it's usually between 7am and 9am.  I live in El Segundo and work in El Segundo.  My work hours are from 12noon to about 8:30pm. 

5 hours ago, abinder3 said:

When I ride the bike path it's usually between 7am and 9am.  I live in El Segundo and work in El Segundo.  My work hours are from 12noon to about 8:30pm. 

Wow, so early. The character of the ride at that time of the day must be so different from the afternoon, and less people I imagine. Much colder, but then again probably less wind too.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, so early. The character of the ride at that time of the day must be so different from the afternoon, and less people I imagine. Much colder, but then again probably less wind too.

Yes. Usually less wind.  However, there have been times where I've had lots of wind blowing offshore that early in the morning. 

It can be much colder then like you stated and definitely less people. 

Just ride the beach path this morning from Playa Del Ray to Hermosa Beach Pier and back 27.5 miles, I'm so slow with my KS14 total time near 2.5hrs.:blink1: Fun Fun!!!!

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I usually ride in on Wednesday, 2ish.  The weather is so nice I'm actually going to ride the Monster tomorrow (Friday) from Dockweiler Beach down south to Redondo Beach and back. I'll probably get to the path ~2pm.  It's a loooong lunch break.  I work in El Segundo but live in Downey, so the beach rides are lunchtime rides for me. 

Not sure if you'll see this before your ride, but I'm in the area if you wanna meet up.  I tried to PM you my cell number but it said you cannot receive messages.  I'll try to intercept you.

13 minutes ago, captainwells said:

Not sure if you'll see this before your ride, but I'm in the area if you wanna meet up.  I tried to PM you my cell number but it said you cannot receive messages.  I'll try to intercept you.

I'll probably be at Dockweiler around 2, and then heading south. I'll keep an eye out for any other EUCs ;)

That was a fun ride Jason. Thanks for showing me some new routes around the Redondo Beach marina. We may have had the first two Monster group ride :) in California.

See you in the mountains tomorrow - dress warm - it looks like it'll be a lot colder than the beach weather we had today.

Had to leave early but it was a blast! The only damper on the ride was the forest ranger. EUC's definitely stand out, to bystanders, way more when there are over 4 or even 5 riders. See you all next time.

51 minutes ago, swvision said:

Had to leave early but it was a blast! The only damper on the ride was the forest ranger. EUC's definitely stand out, to bystanders, way more when there are over 4 or even 5 riders. See you all next time.

Hey Vic - sorry I missed you at the end. Jeff, Allen, and myself kind of got ahead of the pack and lost the group - my fault. We eventually met up at the cars. Very fun ride, and I think we made a statement with seven wheels whizzing by people. See you next time. 

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Hey Vic - sorry I missed you at the end. Jeff, Allen, and myself kind of got ahead of the pack and lost the group - my fault. We eventually met up at the cars. Very fun ride, and I think we made a statement with seven wheels whizzing by people. See you next time. 

Yes, it was very fun riding with everyone. 

But im soooooo exhausted now !!!!!

(still fun though !)

allen

Really so much fun today !!! Thanks Marty and Jeff showing me the Griffith Park. Only my KS14c over heat a few times. 

See you all next time.

Peter

Archived