Just got my first Kingsong (14C)

fourthewin

And wow is it nice. My first euc was the cheap airwheel. It's amazing how much easier and fun it is to ride something with pep and torque. I was going to buy from Jason @ ewheels but he was out of stock so I got from another place here. 

The airwheel struggled to go over large speedbumps and rough terrain and the 14-C just powers through everything. 

Anyone recommend any mods? I plan to speed delimit today. 

If you have the skills, think about pedal extensions, front and back.  On really steep hills it has the power to climb or descend but you will be hanging off the respective pedal ends trying to apply enough pressure to keep it moving, or not, as the case may be.  It's not a nice feeling and isn't safe.

look through @zlymex s posts.  He has some pictures of how he did it.  Some aluminum angle and some threaded rod running through the holes in the pedals to connect front and back.  Or possibly have it welded on, if you have the connections to do so.

possibly a trolley handle.  Tire pressure around 50psi, gives a smoother ride.

enjoy.

If you have the newer version of 14C the CZ it will have the rubber pedals and only one Bluetooth using dual board, so you can only play music if you have the nasty Hello Kingsong and Please decelerate, If you turn the Voice off you cannot connect the music. bluetooth.

Still a great product       but watch it when you hit that top 30KM if you are using Voice, I only say because, when Mine said please decelerate it just turned off for a second Kingsong said if I pay for a new Bluetooth board I can have  Bluetooth control with separate Bluetooth like all the other models.  They also said it unlikely turned off and was more likely me accelerate to quick, Me, I am not sure.

Anyway have some great fun I did with my first 14C and still do.

12 hours ago, fourthewin said:

And wow is it nice. My first euc was the cheap airwheel. It's amazing how much easier and fun it is to ride something with pep and torque. I was going to buy from Jason @ ewheels but he was out of stock so I got from another place here. 

The airwheel struggled to go over large speedbumps and rough terrain and the 14-C just powers through everything. 

Anyone recommend any mods? I plan to speed delimit today. 

I have fun whenever I ride mine. If you have an Android phone you may want to get a Pebble watch so that you can view the wheel telemetry from your watch. And you can control the music via your watch too. And with the Pebble watch (and Wheellog app of course) you can play a bicycle bell sound by pressing one of the watch buttons. Those are my 'hacks'.

On 2/17/2017 at 9:31 AM, Smoother said:

If you have the skills, think about pedal extensions, front and back.

If you try to climb too steep a hill,you might blow a fuse.I bought a second 14c from @Sketch and the next day I and @Sketch and @Marty Backe met up for an off road group ride and I blew a fuse climbing a 30 degree+ hill.The 14c has 40a micro blade fuses for each battery.

19 hours ago, jrkline said:

If you try to climb too steep a hill,you might blow a fuse.I bought a second 14c from @Sketch and the next day I and @Sketch and @Marty Backe met up for an off road group ride and I blew a fuse climbing a 30 degree+ hill.The 14c has 40a micro blade fuses for each battery.

Can that be fixed? Should I keep some fuses on hand? 

I would love to add a trolley handle. Sometimes when I go to the grocery store, it's kind of a beast to carry around. 

Any advice for big guys? I'm 94k (205lbs). 

I've already decoded the speed limit. That made it a ton more fun to ride. 15mph is a lot better cruisin speed. 

2 minutes ago, fourthewin said:

Can that be fixed? Should I keep some fuses on hand? 

I wouldn't worry about it unless you are going up really steep hills and really pushing the wheel to its limits.I'm 200lbs. and have only blown a fuse once.I put a 30a fuse to replace the 40a fuse since micro blade 40a fuses are not readily available and have not had a problem since. 

56 minutes ago, fourthewin said:

Any advice for big guys? I'm 94k (205lbs). 

Yes. Respect low battery power, or you'll be eating dirt.  Especially if it's a 340wh battery. Anything lower that 60% and a big power demand (hard acceleration, hard braking, approaching bottom of a hill at speed, climbing any hill at speed, etc) normal riding below this power is just fine. 

Archived