Another concept to prevent face plants?

Planetpapi

One purpose could be to make it manoeuvrable when being off. The wheels will somewhat change what happens when the motor cuts off while driving, but I don't think they can always prevent the rider from flying off in front of it. Seating position and handle make a simple overlean more difficult or even almost impossible.  

1 hour ago, Planetpapi said:

Will this design eliminate face plants?

No, that plexiglass neck cutter will send the head flying straight into the ground:w00t2:  But seriously, Bombardier is a respected maker of snowmobiles and other off road vehicles.  Interesting if they are looking to get in to the EUC market.  Google, here I go!

Whoa!  2004?  OMG!  The design was way ahead of it's time, apparently the Rhyno was based on it.

The thing about face plants, at least those caused by the wheel getting snagged on something and staying momentarily behind the rider, long enough for the rider to get too far infront of the wheel to stay on, is that if the rider CAN manage to stay on, and if the wheel has enough torque to overcome the snag, then the face plant won't happen.  On something like this, if you hit an unseen snag, you may tip forward uncomfortably.  As you do, you will apply force to the handle bars, which will increase the demand for torque.  If the motor can deliver, then you will come out, the other side, intact, although a bit shaken.  Probably will come off anyway, if the obstacle is bigger than say 5 cm.  Just a guess.  One might get some serious @EUC Extreme air time over speed bumps.  I'd give it a go.

Its pretty much like the wooden addition the kid made in that videos that was posted last week.  One could get the same result for €$£10'of lumber and a set of bars from the recycling centre. ( but not the same look, obvs.)

Archived