How long has your EUC lasted?

Souleye

EUC lasting time  

40 members have voted

1. 1. My EUC went without breakdown for this many months:

• <1
    • Mine's still working but hasn't reached 24 months!
    • Mine's still working after 24 months!

I asked a chinese seller about warranty. He said:

> Warranty:
> Board: 1 Year
> Motor :1 Year
> Charger: 6 Months
> Battery : 6 Months

I thought that wasn't very long so I asked how long the wheel usually lasted. He responded:

> if you take care of the wheel it will use one year more.
> if you don't take care of it it will use one month more.

So this is a little crazy for an item that costs >$1k. Now I wonder, for those who have EUCs, how long have you had them without breakdown? Or how long did you have them before they did break? Vote it up! :D

1 hour ago, Souleye said:
I asked a chinese seller about warranty. He said:

> Warranty:
> Board: 1 Year
> Motor :1 Year
> Charger: 6 Months
> Battery : 6 Months

I thought that wasn't very long so I asked how long the wheel usually lasted. He responded:

> if you take care of the wheel it will use one year more.
> if you don't take care of it it will use one month more.

So this is a little crazy for an item that costs >$10k. Now I wonder, for those who have EUCs, how long have you had them without breakdown? Or how long did you have them before they did break? Vote it up! :D

As some european sellers like speedyfeet give you a 2 year warranty on battterie, motor, board....there is no need to think the Eucs only last a bit more than a year....

my oldest KS14 ...13 months ...sold now....is still working like on day 1. Rocksolid!

Maybe time is not the best parameter to consider. Apart from the battery, for most other components time should be almost irrelevant.

Now, what is most likely to break down first, depending on milage or use time? On a branded wheel, I would say, tire, battery, bearings, in this order. Bearings of reasonable quality should last for at least 20000km, I would think.

We have seen quite a few reports on all kind of EUC failures in this forum, but I can't remember that many of them were likely related to age or high mileages.

9 hours ago, Souleye said:

So this is a little crazy for an item that costs >$10k

>$10,000, I am impressed, it seems you have been looking into quite expensive EUCs lately :)

2 hours ago, Mono said:

>$10,000, I am impressed, it seems you have been looking into quite expensive EUCs lately :)

Haha! Only the best is good enough for me! ;) Fixed the typo (it's the denomination that got me. In Swedish Kronor it's more than 10k, but obviously not dollars). Thanks for the input!

It took 3 years of almost everyday riding to bring my old Airwheel's batteries down to an unusably short range. If I had replaced it I have no doubt that machine would still be going now, a year on from that.

• 1 month later...

My Xima lhotz has finally needed a minor repair after one of the balance leads came off having done 2700 miles it's the first time I've needed to do anything other than open it to clean it and check all the wiring and the cells still have good life in them but only have another year in them i reckon but in good health other than that so it would depend on the wheel though as not all wheels are equal i guess

My Ninebot One E+ is 20 months old and did almost 2000km so far. Mostly riding near top speed, going up and down really steep sections on a regular basis, did some riding in the woods until the overheat warning kicked in, used it in winter at sub-zero degrees Celsius outside temperature, used it on snow and wet roads, in the rain, on sand... 

No issues whatsoever, no cutouts, no faceplants, but it had to survive some drops in the beginning, which did not cause any problems with the wheel. I guess these units are pretty well built and I would expect it to last for at least another 2000km.

I voted 12m but it was actualy 13m. It's worked beautifully up to this point but I had to step off recently and killed it. Don't know why, I've had much more violent crashes when learning but for whatever reason it didn't like it. 

Despite it being out of warranty IPS were really helpful, explained step by step how to take it apart and test the main board, the battery and the motor. Sadly the battery and main board were u/s. IPS think that a battery fault overloaded the main board but they agreed to send me a free main board if I paid for the battery. Sad that the wheel had a problem but I cannot fault IPS's customer service, they have been excellent. 

On 2/16/2017 at 11:31 AM, Cerbera said:

It took 3 years of almost everyday riding to bring my old Airwheel's batteries down to an unusably short range. If I had replaced it I have no doubt that machine would still be going now, a year on from that.

My Airwheel X8 lasted me two years before I upgraded to InMotion's V8. I still use it as a back up wheel. It definitely has several thousand miles on it..easily.

One month and more than 300 miles. I did drop it a dozen times while learning, onto grass and the wheel was padded up. Inevitable while learning.

Outside the first four or so days, I haven't dropped it since, but (and it's a big but) I have accidentally driven it off curbs and potholes that I did not see, and while I have not fallen the impact is teeth-rattling. Those are big impacts and I'm around 215 pounds.

Shouldn't you be counting mileage rather than time?

My old IPS is over two years old but I stopped riding it after the first year as I upgraded to a ACM.  The IPS will continue to work I'm guessing until the battery in it dies from degredation.  For the moment if I switched it on it will still work.

Archived