ACM v2 vs MSUPER V3 vs MSUPER V3

Hello and sorry in advance for the long post! Just trying to make the best decision and would love some input. 

New here to the forum but have been riding EUCs for around 2 years now. Very happy to find that there is a community online for these things! I started with the Airwheel x3, then x8, and I am now on a IPS 191 Xima Lhotz (340wh I think). I have put well over 1500km on it and it has been a great wheel.

I am trying to decide what my next wheel will be. I think I have narrowed it down to the three mentioned in the title, but am having a hard time finding the one that would suit my needs best. For the the ACM2 and the MSUPER3, I am looking at the 820wh versions, and the 850wh version of the MSUPER2. My current IPS191 is pretty much perfect for my needs but I can't get the range out of it that I want to get (Right now I am carrying a backpack with 2-156wh external batteries and 2 chargers which is not ideal). 

Here are some of my deciding factors:
1. Although I am 105kg and 6ft tall, I still don't want a big wheel to lug around. A group of us often carry our EUCs into restaurants/bars and I don't want a mammoth device to carry in. These things draw enough attention as it is, especially here in the states where these things have still not caught on in most areas. My buddy has the ACM v2, and I think it's a good size. I know that the MSUPER3 has a pull-out handle, but I hear it's flimsy and I don't know how I feel about rolling\pushing it into place vs just carrying it.
2. I want to be able to go at least 50km on a charge. Right now with my IPS, I can go about 25km depending on the temperature outside. I am hoping that 820wh could achieve my goals.
3. Comfort. I have read that the MSUPERS are more comfortable for long distance, but I am also aware that you can upgrade the pedals on the ACMv2. I take breaks every few 5-10km, much like I do now with my IPS191, so not sure how important this will be.
4. I rarely ride offlroad...I would say I ride 99% on paved road and sidewalks, so not sure if the 18inch wheel of the MSUPER would be necessary.
5. I am an iOS user, and need a wheel that is compatible with the iOS app. I hear the MSUPER2 is not compatible, but the ACM2 and the MSUPER3 are. 
6. Sometimes I ride with buddies who are still using Airwheel x8's, so having the ability to ride at slower speeds and remain stable is important. My understanding is that the MSUPERs don't do well at low speeds.

One concern I have about the ACMv2 is clearance issues. My buddy's seems to pick up small pieces of gravel and stuff often and makes rubbing sounds which seems like it may get old quick...I am not sure if these noises go away the longer you ride. He has only had the wheel a few weeks and the issue seems to have gotten better for the most part, so I think it's something I could tolerate. 

I would like to see a side by side size comparison of the 3 wheels (ACMv2, Msuperv2, Msuperv3). It's hard to tell how big they are without seeing them next to each other. Like I said above, I am very familiar with the ACMv2 size and not sure I want to go much bigger.

I hear there is a ACMv2 1300wh option either out now or coming in the future, but can't find it for sell anywhere here in the states. Is there a size difference between the 820wh and the 1300wh version, or are they just using higher capacity cells in the same housing? Same for the MSuper v3, I can only find the 820wh here in the states though.
Lastly, is there a good source for purchasing these in the states? The only place I am able to find these wheels is eBay, and I don't want to wait more than a week on shipping so buying out of the states isn't real an option. I don't mind using eBay (that's where I purchased my last 3 wheels), but it limits my options. If I could spend a little more and opt for the 1300wh version, I would...I just can't find it on eBay here in the states. 

As of now I am leaning towards the ACMv2 but do not want to make any decisions yet without getting input from those of you who have experience with all three.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY AND ALL INPUT! 

2 hours ago, EvenOdd said:

Hello and sorry in advance for the long post! Just trying to make the best decision and would love some input. 

New here to the forum but have been riding EUCs for around 2 years now. Very happy to find that there is a community online for these things! I started with the Airwheel x3, then x8, and I am now on a IPS 191 Xima Lhotz (340wh I think). I have put well over 1500km on it and it has been a great wheel.

I am trying to decide what my next wheel will be. I think I have narrowed it down to the three mentioned in the title, but am having a hard time finding the one that would suit my needs best. For the the ACM2 and the MSUPER3, I am looking at the 820wh versions, and the 850wh version of the MSUPER2. My current IPS191 is pretty much perfect for my needs but I can't get the range out of it that I want to get (Right now I am carrying a backpack with 2-156wh external batteries and 2 chargers which is not ideal). 

Here are some of my deciding factors:
1. Although I am 105kg and 6ft tall, I still don't want a big wheel to lug around. A group of us often carry our EUCs into restaurants/bars and I don't want a mammoth device to carry in. These things draw enough attention as it is, especially here in the states where these things have still not caught on in most areas. My buddy has the ACM v2, and I think it's a good size. I know that the MSUPER3 has a pull-out handle, but I hear it's flimsy and I don't know how I feel about rolling\pushing it into place vs just carrying it.
2. I want to be able to go at least 50km on a charge. Right now with my IPS, I can go about 25km depending on the temperature outside. I am hoping that 820wh could achieve my goals.
3. Comfort. I have read that the MSUPERS are more comfortable for long distance, but I am also aware that you can upgrade the pedals on the ACMv2. I take breaks every few 5-10km, much like I do now with my IPS191, so not sure how important this will be.
4. I rarely ride offlroad...I would say I ride 99% on paved road and sidewalks, so not sure if the 18inch wheel of the MSUPER would be necessary.
5. I am an iOS user, and need a wheel that is compatible with the iOS app. I hear the MSUPER2 is not compatible, but the ACM2 and the MSUPER3 are. 
6. Sometimes I ride with buddies who are still using Airwheel x8's, so having the ability to ride at slower speeds and remain stable is important. My understanding is that the MSUPERs don't do well at low speeds.

One concern I have about the ACMv2 is clearance issues. My buddy's seems to pick up small pieces of gravel and stuff often and makes rubbing sounds which seems like it may get old quick...I am not sure if these noises go away the longer you ride. He has only had the wheel a few weeks and the issue seems to have gotten better for the most part, so I think it's something I could tolerate. 

I would like to see a side by side size comparison of the 3 wheels (ACMv2, Msuperv2, Msuperv3). It's hard to tell how big they are without seeing them next to each other. Like I said above, I am very familiar with the ACMv2 size and not sure I want to go much bigger.

I hear there is a ACMv2 1300wh option either out now or coming in the future, but can't find it for sell anywhere here in the states. Is there a size difference between the 820wh and the 1300wh version, or are they just using higher capacity cells in the same housing? Same for the MSuper v3, I can only find the 820wh here in the states though.
Lastly, is there a good source for purchasing these in the states? The only place I am able to find these wheels is eBay, and I don't want to wait more than a week on shipping so buying out of the states isn't real an option. I don't mind using eBay (that's where I purchased my last 3 wheels), but it limits my options. If I could spend a little more and opt for the 1300wh version, I would...I just can't find it on eBay here in the states. 

As of now I am leaning towards the ACMv2 but do not want to make any decisions yet without getting input from those of you who have experience with all three.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY AND ALL INPUT! 

I've never ridden a MSuper V2 - it's an old wheel and I'm surprised you're considering that.  I've owned the 680wh, 820wh, and 1300wh (my current) versions of the ACM and also own the 820wh MSuper.

The MSuper is very large compared to the ACM. Based on your #1 comment that rules out the MSuper. 

My riding weight is 70kg (and I'm 5'11") and I get a reliable 50km on my 820wh ACM and MSuper. Based on your weight you will get closer to 30km.

The 1300wh ACM gives me ~80km, so I think that's the only wheel that will give you your desired range. It comes with the upgraded pedals which are very comfortable.

The 1300/1600 ACM is the best general purpose wheel in existence, IMHO.

Dion ( @myfunwheel ) is a great source for Gotway wheels in the States - I've bought a couple from him. Here's his website: http://www.myfunwheel.biz/

Here's a MSuper vs ACM video that I made awhile back. It may provide you a little more perspective:

48 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've never ridden a MSuper V2 - it's an old wheel and I'm surprised you're considering that.  I've owned the 680wh, 820wh, and 1300wh (my current) versions of the ACM and also own the 820wh MSuper.

The MSuper is very large compared to the ACM. Based on your #1 comment that rules out the MSuper. 

My riding weight is 70kg (and I'm 5'11") and I get a reliable 50km on my 820wh ACM and MSuper. Based on your weight you will get closer to 30km.

The 1300wh ACM gives me ~80km, so I think that's the only wheel that will give you your desired range. It comes with the upgraded pedals which are very comfortable.

The 1300/1600 ACM is the best general purpose wheel in existence, IMHO.

Dion ( @myfunwheel ) is a great source for Gotway wheels in the States - I've bought a couple from him. Here's his website: http://www.myfunwheel.biz/

Here's a MSuper vs ACM video that I made awhile back. It may provide you a little more perspective:

Thank you for the info! The only reason I was considering the msuper v2 was because it's price point around $1000 and it seemed to have descent specs. By the way, I watched your video yesterday on youtube and found it very informative. I appreciate you taking the time to do that as I think it can be helpful for a lot of riders. The only thing I think you didn't touch on with the msuper v3 in that video was the pull out bar. I was curious how it worked and how well it worked, but after doing some research, it seems that it's pretty useless for the most part. Since size is a concern for me anyways, I think the ACM will be a better fit.

Thank you for the website you provided and I am planning to go with the ACM16 1300wh based off the information you have given and the research I have done. That is the first US source I have seen for that specific wheel and the price seems fair considering a ACMv2 820wh + upgraded pedals will put me around the $1400 mark. I don't mind spending a little more to get a lot more battery life. I am tired of getting range anxiety, but it's nice that we have services like Uber to save us when needed. 

Closing on a new house next Wednesday, and have other financial obligations to get done first before ordering the wheel. Hopefully early March I will be able to make the purchase and I will share my thoughts on it here on this forum.

Thanks again for the information you have provided here and in your videos, you have been extremely helpful in with my decision. 

2 minutes ago, EvenOdd said:

Thank you for the info! The only reason I was considering the msuper v2 was because it's price point around $1000 and it seemed to have descent specs. By the way, I watched your video yesterday on youtube and found it very informative. I appreciate you taking the time to do that as I think it can be helpful for a lot of riders. The only thing I think you didn't touch on with the msuper v3 in that video was the pull out bar. I was curious how it worked and how well it worked, but after doing some research, it seems that it's pretty useless for the most part. Since size is a concern for me anyways, I think the ACM will be a better fit.

Thank you for the website you provided and I am planning to go with the ACM16 1300wh based off the information you have given and the research I have done. That is the first US source I have seen for that specific wheel and the price seems fair considering a ACMv2 820wh + upgraded pedals will put me around the $1400 mark. I don't mind spending a little more to get a lot more battery life. I am tired of getting range anxiety, but it's nice that we have services like Uber to save us when needed. 

Closing on a new house next Wednesday, and have other financial obligations to get done first before ordering the wheel. Hopefully early March I will be able to make the purchase and I will share my thoughts on it here on this forum.

Thanks again for the information you have provided here and in your videos, you have been extremely helpful in with my decision. 

I did totally forget to talk about the trolley handle. At the time I had no use for one, but since then I have used it a few times when taking the wheel to the grocery store for a few items. It is very handy, so in hindsight I would say it's certainly not useless.

You'll be very happy with the range and power of the 1300wh ACM. It's nice not having to worry about how much battery you have left :)

BTW, there is a trolley handle that you can buy for the ACM. I've seen it in person on another members ACM and it looks and functions very well. Dion can probably get that for you too. In general his prices are very good, and there's no shipping or taxes added.

Good luck with the house, and I look forward to your thoughts on the ACM.

What do you think about the KingSong models? I believe some of them have big batteries too. Do you have specific reasons why you prefer the Gotways? (Just asking, I'm curious)

About the ACM, the shell covering more of the wheel is a big plus. You don't get muddy from the wheel this way, unlike the msuperv3. Also 1300Wh is the right choice, with 100kg I don't think 820Wh is enough for what you want. There's also a 1600Wh coming in the future, maybe it's already available in march (some people already ordered it from aliexpress I believe so it can't be to far away). Might be significantly more expensive though.

There is one physical difference between the 6XX, 820 Wh ACMs and the 1300 and 1600. The side part behind the foot rest foam has a protrusion where the additional batteries are, so it is 2-3cm (1 inch) wider. You can see it if you look closely at the pictures of the bigger ACMs (they have the white side panels with the protrusions, smaller ACMs have black side panels without the protrusion).

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What do you think about the KingSong models? I believe some of them have big batteries too. Do you have specific reasons why you prefer the Gotways? (Just asking, I'm curious)

About the ACM, the shell covering more of the wheel is a big plus. You don't get muddy from the wheel this way, unlike the msuperv3. Also 1300Wh is the right choice, with 100kg I don't think 820Wh is enough for what you want. There's also a 1600Wh coming in the future, maybe it's already available in march (some people already ordered it from aliexpress I believe so it can't be to far away). Might be significantly more expensive though.

There is one physical difference between the 6XX, 820 Wh ACMs and the 1300 and 1600. The side part behind the foot rest foam has a protrusion where the additional batteries are, so it is 2-3cm (1 inch) wider. You can see it if you look closely at the pictures of the bigger ACMs (they have the white side panels with the protrusions, smaller ACMs have black side panels without the protrusion).

By chance I just returned from a ride on my KS14C, with the 840wh battery. I was limping home the last one mile, but I got 34 miles out of it, and that included climbing 2000 ft (and descending 2000 ft). The KS14C always impresses me, and it's a very fun wheel to ride because you can do 360's around a coin on the ground :D

@EvenOdd Yes, it looks and seems, based on the post & replies, that you should go with the ACM 1300WH 84V.

But, some thoughts that you may not have found in your research:

17 hours ago, EvenOdd said:

FWIW, ALL Gotway pedal styles (MCM4/ACM/MSuper3) fit across the entire current generation Gotway line (MCM4/ACM/MSuper3/Monster).

So, you can buy MSuper3-style pedals (speedyfeetUK) and install them on an ACM.

If you don't feel pain on your current LHOTZ pedal, the stock ACM pedals might be fine though, but there are many big-footers that do tend to prefer the MSuper3-style pedals due to their maximum surface area, albeit increasing the likelihood of pedal scrape. (FYI, at their longest, ACM & MSuper3 style pedals are the same length, where MSuper3 pedals are a consistent length throughout (rhomboidal shape), and ACM pedal length narrows very slightly towards their outer edges due to their trapezoidal shape.

Get ready to use or borrow an Android phone (if you want consistency).

While there IS an iOS Gotway app now that will function properly, currently, AFAIK, there is an annoyance factor where setting changes made (turning on/off alarms, setting ride mode) will get reset if you re-connect back to the wheel with said iOS Gotway app. (this does not happen with the Android version currently)

Hopefully this will get fixed soon, but companies like Gotway and KingSong are not known for their app development skill.

Plus, iOS users of these smaller Mom & Pop Chinese EUC company apps are second class citizens to the more often updated Android version EUC apps (way more Android users in China).

Are you sure this isn't just limited to the 67.2V MSuper3's (680WH / 820WH)? I've ridden the MSuper3s+ 1600WH at low speeds, no issues.

Is there a size difference between the 820wh and the 1300wh version, or are they just using higher capacity cells in the same housing? Same for the MSuper v3, I can only find the 820wh here in the states though.

Main difference in size is their widths.

To accomodate more battery pack bulk, Gotway needed a wider bulging shell, hence the higher watt-hour, 84V ACM & MSuper3's sport the wider bulging white shells.

US Gotway distributors that have been favorably repped here on the forums:

MyFunWheel.biz ACM 1300WH Product Page (Dion is based out of Brentwood, CA)

Tec-Toyz.com (Nevin is based out of Santa Clara, CA. No ACM 1300WH page, but pretty sure Nevin can order for you)

note: unless they already have stock or an order-in-place, you will be waiting at least 2 weeks as both typically are ordering-on-demand from Gotway, the same as if you ordered directly from Gotway yourself (albeit Gotway direct prices will be cheaper)

IMHO, you would be doing yourself a serious dis-service by not considering buying from Speedy Feet UK (speedyfeetUK ACM 16 1300WH page).

Why?

• Speedy Feet UK is a power, volume seller that carries an actual warehouse of EUCs, including Gotway, stock-in-hand (not done by any Gotway US Dealer AFAIK)
  • Speedy Feet UK website reflects current stock of wheels, real-time, on their website (it seems that Tec-Toyz.com does the same, MyFunWheel.biz does not)
  • Speedy Feet UK regularly orders batches of wheels from Gotway to replenish stock, independent of customer ordering.
  • Speedy Feet UK carries more clout (more sales volume, Worldwide dealer) in regards to Gotway support & troubleshooting.
  • Speedy Feet UK shipping to the States (I as well am on the East Coast) is very fast, provided your wheel is in stock. I bought both my Ninebot One S2 and Monster 2400WH from Speedy Feet; both averaged 7 business days from ship date to arrival, UK to NYC (tracking # is provided).

13 hours ago, EvenOdd said:

The only thing I think you didn't touch on with the msuper v3 in that video was the pull out bar. I was curious how it worked and how well it worked, but after doing some research, it seems that it's pretty useless for the most part.

Like Marty said, it's not that the trolleys for both MSuper3 and ACM are useless (both function fine), it's just that the quality for both are poor (flimsy), and both implementations pale in comparison to some of their competitors:

• KingSong KS-16B and InMotion V8 trolleys are sturdier, with better qualtiy, more comfortable grips; and their parallel orientation to their respective EUC bodies (KS-16B trolley is diagonal) offer better maneuvering than the ACM/MSuper3 trolley perpendicular orientation.
  • The InMotion V5F+ curved folding trolley stick is probably the best trolley implementation out right now. It's well integrated to blend into the EUC when folded down, offers sturdiness and quality throughout, sports a comfortably large bulbous grip, and the curved design offers maximal maneuverability. IMHO there is a reason why other, less fortunate EUC purchasers are borrowing this trolley and retro-fitting it to their own wheels (S2, KS-18, SoloWheel Extreme)

In the end, both MSuper3 & ACM trolleys are better than nothing.

13 hours ago, EvenOdd said:

I am planning to go with the ACM16 1300wh based off the information you have given and the research I have done. 

One thing that IMO was missed:

If I were you at your rider weight, I would only consider 84V EUCs with nominal power above 800W. So far, for 18" EUCs and under, this only includes:

• Gotway ACM 1300WH (84V, 1500W nominal)
  • Gotway MSuper V3S 1300WH / V3S+ 1600WH (84V, 1500W nominal)
  • Rockwheel GT16 858WH (84V, 2000W nominal)

Why?

To avoid overcharge cutouts and overheating stoppages.

Gotway wheels have typically been 67.2V operational (includes ACMv1/v2 680/820WH, MSuperV3 680/820WH), but with the advent the new 84V operational versions, Gotway has taken extra care to prevent overheating (big heatsinks, proper control board MosFETs) and handle better the increased operational current due to the increased voltage.

Typically, heavier weight riders are more susceptible to overcharge current, causing cutouts, and overheating stoppages due to increased load demands / heavier weight. 

If you link these two facts, I have reason to believe (albeit, a little unscientifically - someone feel free to refute this with proper proof), that these increased safety features  of the new 84V Gotways indirectly help heavier riders better avoid overcharge cutouts and overheating. And if you search this forum, I believe you will find that any related ACM/MSuper3 issues are largely isolated to the older 67.2V operational versions.

And, not to mention the fact that 84V operational EUCs open the possibilities for increased power / torque, and higher max speeds, depending on implementation.

Just my 2 ¢.

@houseofjob Thanks for your input. You bring up a lot of good points which support my decision to go with the ACM 1300wh. Thanks for the speedy feet link as well, nice to know there are a few options for us in the states. I am still surprised that these things have not taken off like they have in other places as I think they are one of the best and most efficient ways to commute. I definitely think the larger pedals will suit me better as I wear a size 12 shoe and the Lhotz pedals give me discomfort after a few miles. I find myself having to adjust my feet constantly to be able to ride long distances without taking breaks. Nice to know the pedals are interchangeable as well between models. As far as voltage goes, I think the 84v will suit be better for sure. The Lhotz does well for the most part but I have has some instances where it surges and forces me to bail (less than a handful of times though). Still, at speeds over 10mph, I want to feel like I'm on something that can handle my weight comfortably and also feel stable. The IPS at high speeds feels sketchy, especially compared to my buddies ACM 840wh. I can only imagine that the 84v will feels even more capable, especially when facing inclines.

Thanks again to all of you for the help!

2 hours ago, EvenOdd said:

@houseofjob Thanks for your input. You bring up a lot of good points which support my decision to go with the ACM 1300wh. Thanks for the speedy feet link as well, nice to know there are a few options for us in the states. I am still surprised that these things have not taken off like they have in other places as I think they are one of the best and most efficient ways to commute. I definitely think the larger pedals will suit me better as I wear a size 12 shoe and the Lhotz pedals give me discomfort after a few miles. I find myself having to adjust my feet constantly to be able to ride long distances without taking breaks. Nice to know the pedals are interchangeable as well between models. As far as voltage goes, I think the 84v will suit be better for sure. The Lhotz does well for the most part but I have has some instances where it surges and forces me to bail (less than a handful of times though). Still, at speeds over 10mph, I want to feel like I'm on something that can handle my weight comfortably and also feel stable. The IPS at high speeds feels sketchy, especially compared to my buddies ACM 840wh. I can only imagine that the 84v will feels even more capable, especially when facing inclines.

Thanks again to all of you for the help!

Please check out our NYC store as well: http://EUC.NYC

Let me know if you have questions, and feel free to call: (646) 88-382-99

I've recently upgraded my own ride from 2015 MCM4 to ACM S+ 1300 Wh myself, and we do have it in stock.

Dmitry from EUC.NYC

• 3 months later...
On 2/11/2017 at 1:30 PM, EvenOdd said:

The only reason I was considering the msuper v2 was because it's price point around $1000 and it seemed to have descent specs.

I acquired a MSuper v2 850 Wh recently for $950 shipped, and I've been thoroughly enjoying it!

It's a great option if you're looking for a lower price point than v3.

6 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I acquired a MSuper v2 850 Wh recently for $950 shipped, and I've been thoroughly enjoying it!

It's a great option if you're looking for a lower price point than v3.

:cheers:   I know you don't bash Gotway, but I didn't think you were much of a fan. You're dipping your toes in the Gotway water huh? Next I'll be reading that you bought an ACM ;)

Archived