Gearbest

So I don't shop at gearbest because not only do they screw you around, they then will not let you post a review if it;s negative nor will they listen to you via chat they just dissconnect you and when you send inquiries via email they close those off too so you cant send them mail. What a joke this site turned out to be, not to mention I don't get my money back for a month yet it took only 2 seconds after pushing purchase to take it from me!!! and they are not willing to make it clear on their site for other customers so beware, if you place an order and pay with your credit card it is apparently standard practise for them to send you this, 

Dear Customer
Thanks for your order order  at Gearbest

Your order is now ON HOLD , we need to complete this one-time verification.
This is a standard anti-fraud check for online payment,please check our website for more details here : 

http://www.gearbest.com/about/verify-payment.html

We will process your order as soon as we receive the payer's ID confirmation.

1) 1 color  photo of your identity card or passport or driving license
The photo must show clearly, the full name, expiry date, signature and address if applicable.
You can hide the date of birth  and document number for you your privacy.

2) 1 credit card photo of the card used for the payment 
For your safety , please just show the cardholder's name,the expiry date and the last 4 numbers.

Kindly make sure both attachments' size do not exceed 2 MB .

Please rest assured that we just want to make sure that this transaction was indeed made by the cardholder.
Our goal is to ensure this order's safety for both of us.
As we do not wish to delay your order please kindly reply us within 3 business days.

We look forward to hearing from you soon 

Please feel free to contact us if you have any question, we are happy to assist.
Thank you very much for your understanding.

Best Regards. 

kate

Gesrbest customer service

http://www.gearbest.com/

Ticket Status:Closed
Full Name:customer

now to me this info is for when you have a shipping address different than the cardholders or they suspect fraud, either way I offered to pay a different way like PAYPAL as I have no way to send them this info and they just tell me to fuck off. well I don't really want these jokers to have all my info not to mention I live in a small town so I would have to go downtown to the copy place and get more people I don't trust to handle all my personal info like wtf . and no just close everything don't ever let me answer . seems like there is only one guy for chat too lucas and he is one of the rudest customer service people I've met, getting mad and typing at me in CAPS, guy is lucky he's not standing right in front of me.

They are only wanting a photo of the information don't they?  In the last 6 months I have been asked this by two companies I have ordered from.  So I got my ID and method of payment covered the information they have recommended to cover laid them on a flat surface and just took a photo with my smartphone camera.  Made sure that text was readable on the photos.  Then simply attached the photo to an email, of course resizing if needed.  The two companies then processed my orders.

This is of course me assuming that you have access to a smartphone. 

exactly my point^ not rocking a smartphone. also they just shut my order down immediatly and now the things I had in on order are "out of stock"

again my point is not only is this offensive to me to ask for, if ITS COMMON PRACTISE THEY SHOULD MAKE IT CLEAR BEFORE YOU PUSH PURCHASE, EVEN MORE SO WHEN YOU HAVE TALKED OUT SHIPPING WITH HIM BEFORE YOU EVEN PURCHASE 

Archived