Exploratory Mountain Ride above Duarte - 12Feb2017

Marty Backe

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

What do you currently ride? I'm accumulating a list of Southern California riders that get added to the group ride distribution list. So far most of the widely attended group rides have taken place in the Griffith Park area. But with you and @abinder3 we could get at least three riders, and @noisycarlos and @jrkline might be interested in a beach ride also. The 4th or 5th is due for warmer and dryer weather. Maybe it would be worthwhile planning for the next group ride on that weekend?

I have a few wheels. The ones I ride most often are the KS-14C, KS-16, ACM, or one of the MSuper v2 (MS or HS).

I ride the beach bike path nearly every day so I'd be more interested in a trail ride. I could do the 4th, but not the 5th. 

IMG_4949.JPG

1 hour ago, captainwells said:

I have a few wheels. The ones I ride most often are the KS-14C, KS-16, ACM, or one of the MSuper v2 (MS or HS).

I ride the beach bike path nearly every day so I'd be more interested in a trail ride. I could do the 4th, but not the 5th. 

IMG_4949.JPG

That, is a great picture :shock2:  You win :D

I'm afraid there won't be any trail riding for awhile because of all the rain. We need at least a couple of weeks with no rain for the muddy conditions to disappear. Griffith Park will probably be dry enough by the 4th if you want to give that a try.

Glad you discovered the forum. Now we have 11 potential group riders

3 hours ago, captainwells said:

As someone who enjoys trail riding with hills I've always been intrigued with the MS MSuper. Do you really notice a difference between the two wheels - the MS can climb hills easier?

On 2/20/2017 at 6:41 AM, captainwells said:

IMG_4949.JPG

And I thought I had too many wheels at 9.Nice! but I see a hoverwheel wheel in the left side of the pic so you're stock just dropped a bit:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2017 at 9:08 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

"a few wheels" ... might be easier to list the ones you don't have;)

Awesome though!

Which ones are which? The Kingsong and older Gotways confuse me...

Yeah, Im addicted.  I don't really ride all of them anymore.  I need to sell a few to make room for some newer models!

First column:  IPS Lhotz, Ninebot One S2, KingSong 18A

Second coloumn:  KingSong 14C, Ninebot One P

Third column:  Gotway MCM4, Gotway ACM, Gotway MSuper MS

Fourth column:  IPS A130, KingSong 14C, KingSong 16, Gotway MSuper HS

My current rotation (in order of preference):  Gotway Monster (not pictured), KingSong 16, Gotway ACM, KingSong 14C, and Ninebot One P.

On 2/20/2017 at 10:02 AM, Marty Backe said:

As someone who enjoys trail riding with hills I've always been intrigued with the MS MSuper. Do you really notice a difference between the two wheels - the MS can climb hills easier?

That's hard to say.  I haven't really had any problem tackling hills on the HS, though it did cut out on me once.  I think that was my fault because the tire was underinflated.

I'll bring the MS to the ride on Saturday if you wanna check it out.

On 2/21/2017 at 0:30 PM, jrkline said:

And I thought I had too many wheels at 9.Nice! but I see a hoverwheel wheel in the left side of the pic so you're stock just dropped a bit:thumbup:

Yeah, I have too many.  I'm gonna trim the collection, it just hasn't been a priority. Do you ride all of yours?

I started out on hoverboards but got bored quickly.  I keep them around for the kids.  They also make doing dishes and cleaning up more fun.

2 hours ago, captainwells said:

That's hard to say.  I haven't really had any problem tackling hills on the HS, though it did cut out on me once.  I think that was my fault because the tire was underinflated.

I'll bring the MS to the ride on Saturday if you wanna check it out.

That would be cool. I've never ridden the MSuper V2 (before my time), but I've contemplated trying to buy the higher torque version since I enjoy climbing hills. But maybe the new 1500wh motors that are common now (ACM, V3) actually out perform the older MS versions?  But yeah, I'd love to try one.

Archived