Suspensions for eu's

MetricUSA

I quite honestly don't understand how that drawing is supposed to be read. Is it top-down or from the side? Which part is the wheel? Which are the pedals?
Don't mean to troll you, I just think you need to include some written guidelines.

2 hours ago, Gormash said:

I quite honestly don't understand how that drawing is supposed to be read. Is it top-down or from the side? Which part is the wheel? Which are the pedals?
Don't mean to troll you, I just think you need to include some written guidelines.

Left part is from the side, right part is after 90º turn from the front or back. The upper rectangle you could consider the padding, the lower rectangle is the pedal. 

1 hour ago, Hirsute said:

These type of suspensions were on some rockwheel. But i don't think that it was a good system because it doesn't exist on the next rockwheel GT16.

I wouldn't write it completely off yet, but I would say that currently pretty much all manufacturers have to worry about other things.

You want to implement some dampers. Just springs will just make you bounce around the place, possibly off your wheel. It has to be sturdy, yet low friction while suspending your body weight on a 1:3 lever. Not easy to make that work.

I would try to get soem dampening pads on the pedals as first measure... Or if you want a proper suspension, do it properly, and suspend the whole Body of the EUC from the wheel. would of course increase body height, as room for spring displacement is needed. Techically, you would have to constuct something simmilar to a bike suspension fork, and construct the EUC around it. Just a quick idea, but the more I think of it, the more I like it ;)

Archived