Victoria BC eu group

On 7/6/2020 at 6:56 PM, UniMe said:

Hi All,

I'm new to EUC's and have yet to pull the trigger on a purchase. I'm thinking of taking a chance on the new Inmotion V11, but do wonder if getting started on the suspension might make my learning curve steeper.

I see they're still advertised for off road use only but am heartened by glimmers of changing legislation in the province and the general sentement in and around Victoria that they should be legal. Hey, if the region left 'grey market' cannabis stores alone for years perhaps they won't get on my case for doing something that can only truly put myself at risk.

Has anyone here challenged their wheels on some of the hills around town? For example, would a wheel that claims to climb 35 degrees make it up Mt. Tolmie? I doubt any of them would make it up Mt. Doug, but tolmie seems like it might be possible. Perhaps it would get too hot, or?

Then there is the obvious off road questions: can you hop your wheel? Are they any use at all in the dirt?

Congrats on your interest! I ride my MSX up some steep hills, and its never given me trouble, although I can't say I've pushed it up a "continuous" incline...just the rise and fall on the roads, like around oak bay and such. After a while you get a feel for how hard the wheel is working, so some hills I'll ease up a bit just to keep things running smooth. Wheels with wider tires are great for off road riding, just don't fill the tire pressure too high (I keep mine in 25-30 psi). If you don't end up getting a suspension wheel, just ride with bent knees to absorb shocks. Dirt is fine and I take it over all kinds of rocks, gravel, bumps and debris...the only thing that's given me trouble is really slick/deep mud.

I don't jump on my wheel, but some riders do.

49 minutes ago, UniMe said:

I found an gw msp, 2500/torque version -- the deal is done!

very nice, whered you get it from? be careful, thats a tough beast to tame... dont give in to the desire to speed while learning haha

5 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

very nice, whered you get it from? be careful, thats a tough beast to tame... dont give in to the desire to speed while learning haha

from Freemotion, on a Sunday of all things. Emailed through the site, email returned in a few minutes. Went back and forth for a beat and got it done. Will ship tomorrow or Tuesday, looks like they have one more.

There is no doubt that I will have that thing speed limited for quite a while, I'm thinking until next spring. Time to start looking for gear :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UniMe said:

from Freemotion, on a Sunday of all things. Emailed through the site, email returned in a few minutes. Went back and forth for a beat and got it done. Will ship tomorrow or Tuesday, looks like they have one more.

There is no doubt that I will have that thing speed limited for quite a while, I'm thinking until next spring. Time to start looking for gear :)

awesome, congrats :) good to have another local rider

I'm really looking forward to it. I almost bought an electric motorcycle (Zero) earlier this year but couldn't swallow the insurance costs for it. I've also been tracking electric mountain bikes for years but I'm a reasonably strong cyclist and with my mtb on slicks it's fast enough. The wheel will teach me new skills, which neither electric bike option would. I'm also keen to learn how to manage it on trails and the climbing capacity of the torque version has me intrigued.

Edited by UniMe
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, UniMe said:

Wel... the wheel is here already!! BUT, the charger shipped separately so I can't charge it until it arrives next week -- DOH!! Poor me....

where in town are you?

edit: was gonna give you a charger but i just remembered the MSP is 100V, i dont have any 100V wheels sorry >.> should have come with some charge, i thought since some battery issues a little while ago they started fully charging them, or at least mostly charging them? if thats the case you have plenty of ride time on it to learn

Edited by Rywokast

Hey, thanks! even though it won't work.

I'll try to figure out how to turn the bloody thing on haha pressed the button, it beeped a couple times, sang a little song, then nothing changed (no lights, didn't balance etc.). I just assumed the battery was fully drained.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniMe said:

Hey, thanks! even though it won't work.

I'll try to figure out how to turn the bloody thing on haha pressed the button, it beeped a couple times, sang a little song, then nothing changed (no lights, didn't balance etc.). I just assumed the battery was fully drained.

np.. nope, no wheel will come drained.. actually no batteries should ever come to you drained thats a bad sign lol... turn the wheel on, it will start beeping annoyingly, press the little button on the side of the handle, the cut off button and hold it down, then as youre holding that down press the power button five times in a row.. now the wheel should be activated

1 minute ago, UniMe said:

Funny... tried that secret handshake and it just keeps beeping..

Connected it to EUC world and it reads zero charge

really?? oh dear... thats not a good sign :/ i wish i had a charger

Just now, UniMe said:

A manual would have been nice...

yea not gonna get that with a gotway wheel lol... can you post a ss of what euc world says when you connect?

btw, is the wheel balancing? or you couldnt unlock it at all? a wheel beeps for a lot of reasons, but if its balancing then its unlocked

7 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

really?? oh dear... thats not a good sign :/ i wish i had a charger

I have no idea how to insert an image on this site, I guess I can't just upload a pic..?

• Like 1

Just now, UniMe said:

I have no idea how to insert an image on this site, I guess I can't just upload a pic..?

oh.. you can yes, but i guess you dont have enough reputation yet... ill help a bit,, for now you could just upload it anywhere and paste the link here

2 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

oh.. you can yes, but i guess you dont have enough reputation yet... ill help a bit,, for now you could just upload it anywhere and paste the link here

In a nutshell, the app reads zero charge, about 24.6 volts and displays very small amp usage numbers.

Screenshot_20200717-150727_EUC World.jpg

Edited by UniMe
  • Like 1

Just now, UniMe said:

The seller has been responsive, I've emailed for troubleshooting assistance.

It won't balance.

hmmmmmmmm i dont really know what to tell you without seeing it in person, i mean if it has enough charge to turn on, then it should be balancing... it should never stop balancing so long as it has enough power to turn on.... if you correctly did the unlock sequence then it should have come to life... youre positive you did it correctly? 

1 minute ago, UniMe said:

In a nutshell, the app reads zero charge, about 26 amps and displays very small amp usage numbers.

what does it say the battery voltage is?

4 minutes ago, UniMe said:

In a nutshell, the app reads zero charge, about 24.6 volts and displays very small amp usage numbers.

Screenshot_20200717-150727_EUC World.jpg

ummmmmmm.... something is very wrong here.... you had better hope that the voltage is not 24.8... 79.2 volts would be considered dead and the wheel would not be able to be ridden.... 24.8 would mean that those batteries are completely dead, meaning garbage... there is no way they could be resuscitated from that

Just now, UniMe said:

somehow the attach feature appeared, or I just noticed it. Screen shot of app above.

thats because i gave you some rep haha, thx for the ss... it is extremely odd

oh i forgot to tell you.... duh, 100V wheel... in euc world you have to set it for 100V.. i think you swipe from the left and open wheel settings then you should be able to select the voltage of your euc and get a correct reading

I changed it to 100v, same issue but a couple V higher... like 28. it moves around to slightly higher values when I roll the wheel and a red bar emerges in the charge 'wheel' up top.