Buying the ninebot one s2

Ninebo

I am looking to buy the new ninebot one s2 and was planning on buying it from AliExpress but I heard it came with the U.K. Charger and not the us I need to know if it does and also other places I can get the ninebot one s2 because the seller is Chinese so if I have any problems I can't talk to them.

6 hours ago, Ninebo said:

I am looking to buy the new ninebot one s2 and was planning on buying it from AliExpress but I heard it came with the U.K. Charger and not the us I need to know if it does and also other places I can get the ninebot one s2 because the seller is Chinese so if I have any problems I can't talk to them.

Order through a Segway store if you want local service.

@Ninebo pretty sure the chargers are universal (input can usually handle 100-240V for both US & International), just that the removable wall plug attachment cord (think old school, 2-piece laptop brick chargers) can be swapped out for a US one, typically ungrounded for Ninebot/Segway, like this one here.

22 hours ago, steve454 said:

Order through a Segway store if you want local service.

I am trying to do that but i can't find how do order off of their website and if I went to the actual store any idea the cost? 

@Ninebo a quick google showed Hoodriderz selling it for around $900 but that seems a little too much.  The Utah Segway dealer is not showing it at all.  I went to my local Segway dealer and ordered my Ninebot one E+ and paid $950.  It was new to them, but they ordered it from Segway headquarters in New Hampshire.

Just call the nearest Segway dealer and ask them the price, they will probably have to research it like they did with mine, give them a couple days to find out.  My dealer told me $799 first but  I had done research and knew the typical price was $950.  He was not going to make any profit and i told him, I would give him the $150 that he didn't realize he should have charged.  It's probably going to be if not the first Ninebot one, then one of the first your local dealer will have ordered.

You could also go to the official Ninebot website, they have a list of authorized dealers that you can call whichever one you want.  Also SpeedyfeetUK sells them and should have the price listed, even though it is in England, some people in the US have ordered from them.

If you order through the Segway store, they will make the order after payment, you don't have to order it yourself.  Also the warranty start date will be registered by them:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, just wondering if anyone uses a handle to trolley the wheel around?   The 9bot E has one, but there is a handle which seems to attach to the handle of the S2, and an arm swings up to help you push or pull it along.  

Does it work well?  The unit is very heavy (for me), and I'm looking for ways of moving it other than carrying it.

12 hours ago, Starry night said:

wondering if anyone uses a handle to trolley the wheel around?

I love my trolley handle on my ninebotone E+, it takes all the work out of going from the front door to my car.  It works very well, but is a little flimsy, so it might break if twisted.  It has a quick release so the telescoping handle slides out of the bracket in seconds, I don't ride with it in case I fall off the wheel, some people have had theirs break that way.  Yes, carrying a 30 pound wheel very far gets tiring pretty fast.  The trolley handle was well worth the cost,  even though it seemed a little overpriced at about 65 dollars.

I have never seen an S2 except in pictures, but the handle should be good.

13 hours ago, Starry night said:

Hi, just wondering if anyone uses a handle to trolley the wheel around?   The 9bot E has one, but there is a handle which seems to attach to the handle of the S2, and an arm swings up to help you push or pull it along.  

Does it work well?  The unit is very heavy (for me), and I'm looking for ways of moving it other than carrying it.

The S2 does not have the same mounting holes as the E+ to be able to use the unicorn-looking Ninebot/Segway-made C/C+/E/E+ trolley. (no native S2 trolley solution either)

The solution you are referring to is a hack, retrofitting an InMotion V5 handle on the S2. 

I've heard it works pretty well, but was not intended for the S2 (I imagine also it might slide around the handle too, unless you need to screw it into the S2 handle).

original-ninebot-one-s2-a1-protection-co

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

The S2 does not have the same mounting holes as the E+ to be able to use the unicorn-looking Ninebot/Segway-made C/C+/E/E+ trolley. (no native S2 trolley solution either)

The solution you are referring to is a hack, retrofitting an InMotion V5 handle on the S2. 

I've heard it works pretty well, but was not intended for the S2 (I imagine also it might slide around the handle too, unless you need to screw it into the S2 handle).

Yes that is the one I was looking at, thanks for posting the picture of it.  I don't know how the inmotion handle works but with the S2 pulling the handle upwards disengages the motor and I wonder if this might be a problem.  Does the handle in the inmotion do the same thing?  I wonder.

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

I love my trolley handle on my ninebotone E+, it takes all the work out of going from the front door to my car.  It works very well, but is a little flimsy, so it might break if twisted.  It has a quick release so the telescoping handle slides out of the bracket in seconds, I don't ride with it in case I fall off the wheel, some people have had theirs break that way.  Yes, carrying a 30 pound wheel very far gets tiring pretty fast.  The trolley handle was well worth the cost,  even though it seemed a little overpriced at about 65 dollars.

I have never seen an S2 except in pictures, but the handle should be good.

Yes the trolley handle seems such a great idea, they are heavy machines and it's funny seeing the clips of slightly built girls casually picking them up and trotting up stairs or something.  (Either that or I am a particularly feeble specimen!)

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

It looks very good on the ninebot, it looks like a good design for any wheel.  Two thumbs up for Inmotion!

27 minutes ago, Starry night said:

the trolley handle seems such a great idea, they are heavy machines and it's funny seeing the clips of slightly built girls casually picking them up and trotting up stairs or something.  

Can you post a link?  I helped my ex wife move one time and she is slightly built, but we moved a couch and I was barely able to do it and she acted like it was no weight at all.:pooping:

The S2 is nearly identical to my IPS Zero in looks, weight, battery, etc (although they did improve waterproofing over the Zero).  I don't really feel a need for a trolly handle at 10.8 kg (which is the full weight on my Zero, under 1 kg less than the S2) and I'm guessing you might be happier without the handle.  What I like about the Zero is it is slim and light enough to carry.  

I used the MCM2 weighing 10.9kg for over a year on a daily basis. No way I would have carried that around everywhere I went. I found the trolley to be indispensable. Now, I carry the 13.7kg V8 voluntarily four flights of stairs on a daily basis, but I don't think I could accept any wheel above 6kg for my daily use without a trolley handle. I guess it largely depends on the typical use cases.

Archived