Jump to content
Marty Backe

Gotway Monster Received and Oh My God

Recommended Posts

Nice~

Agree with it all.

On an 18" EUC, 32-33kph feels like comfortable cruising speed, while 35kph+ burst starts feeling unsafe.

On the 22" Monster, 35-36kph feels like comfortable cruising speed, while I haven't dared sustaining higher speeds yet.

 

And definitely, the Monster is nowhere near as washy / soft as the MSuper3S+

 

I can now keep pace with stop-and-go NYC traffic, but unfortunately, must always prep braking after big bursts due to the slower braking / reaction time. 

Edited by houseofjob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jrkline said:

Be sure to bring it along on Sunday so I can try out the next wheel I'll be buying from you when you upgrade to the 3500wh version as soon as Gotway decides to make it.

Somehow I knew you were going to say something like that :cheers:  I hope they don't; these wheels are starting to get expensive :crying:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing @Marty Backe, sounds like Gotway has another winner. If you don't mind, I will put this thread in the reviews section, so people who are thinking of getting this wheel are more likely to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Marty Backe

definitly Time for a Charge Doctor with 2 input lines....so that you can use at least 2 of your dozen GW chargers ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  Great addition Marty and nice review.  Looks like a fun one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

@Marty Backe

definitly Time for a Charge Doctor with 2 input lines....so that you can use at least 2 of your dozen GW chargers ;-)

Yeah, I notice that my pile of chargers is starting to grow. Although it may take 24 hours for a full charge, at most I'll ride the Monster once a week. So charge time is not important to me with this wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations! You do look happy in the photos:thumbup:

That thing is huge though (how tall are you, for comparison, if you want to tell?), definitely not an everyday wheel (or is it?). I'm a bit shocked by the ACM weight so I can't even imagine what a 60% heavier wheel must be like. How do you keep it stable when you're standing, is that hard?

And it sounds like a futuristic thingie in your video, louder than the usual wheels. Pedestrians will hear you coming.

Looking forward to your videos to see more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Good review. A real beast.

So how do you push it? I'm sure it doesn't come with a trolley handle and it's not high enough to push without any handle. How do you even get it out of trunk without breaking your back? Do you use some kind of ramp? I think this one deserves ATGATT ( all the gear all the time).

If it hits my Nissan LEAF how much damage it will cause?

Can you push a stalled car with it's massive power?

If you connect two Monsters with a frame and a seat, will it qualify as motor cycle?

Can soldiers use it for real? 

Can you program it to run over Trump....never mind.

Can it go from LA to SF in one charge? Kidding on the last one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

Wow! Good review. A real beast.

So how do you push it? I'm sure it doesn't come with a trolley handle and it's not high enough to push without any handle. How do you even get it out of trunk without breaking your back? Do you use some kind of ramp? I think this one deserves ATGATT ( all the gear all the time).

If it hits my Nissan LEAF how much damage it will cause?

Can you push a stalled car with it's massive power?

If you connect two Monsters with a frame and a seat, will it qualify as motor cycle?

Can soldiers use it for real? 

Can you program it to run over Trump....never mind.

Can it go from LA to SF in one charge? Kidding on the last one.

Very funny ^_^  I have yet to put it in my trunk (but I will for a ride this upcoming Sunday), but it is extremely heavy and I'm not looking forward to transporting it. It is fairly tall so moving it short distances isn't a problem. A ramp actually would be nice :)

You don't want to hit anything with this. In all seriousness I'm slightly worried that if I have a wreck it's not going to survive very well. With my other wheels if you drop them they get scratched and scuffed up a bit. If I fall off this at 10mph it's now a 70 pound chunk of light weight plastic hurtling down the path. Because of that I'm not going to push it to extremes by riding it places where it's likely that I may fall off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for segway ramp

The picture shows real ramp sold by Segway for couple of hundreds.

For under 15 bucks I made a wooden ramp with middle hinge and some rubber paint for traction. Works like a champ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

You forgot to mention that for a couple hundred bucks the Segway ramp also comes with the 'girl lift' accessory!:)

It looks like she is pushing it with it turned off.  That's a lot of dead weight to push up such steep ramps.  If powered on it would pull itself up the ramps until the handlebar hit the hatchback, then you would have to turn it off to let the handle rotate backwards enough to push it the rest of the way.  With a pickup truck it could pull itself all the in, but it looks a little tricky to do.

She is getting quite a workout^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Today I received my Monster (I was expecting it next Monday). Shipped from Speedyfeet on Sunday to California. Can't beat those delivery times.

Very nice review!! Oh..I forgot to tell you:  "I Hate You Marty"! :) That wheel is so sweet!! OMG you are seriously walking me down 'divorce lane'! Holy Sh.t!! 

How does it feel to be bigger than most?;)

Edited by Rehab1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Very nice review!! Oh..I forgot to tell you:  "I Hate You Marty"! :) That wheel is so sweet!! OMG you are seriously walking me down 'divorce lane'! Holy Sh.t!! 

How does it feel to be bigger than most?;)

I will be totally dominating the group ride this Sunday. I will have to refrain from pushing my fellow riders off the road :angry:

It really is too bad that EUCs aren't much more popular so that we can go down to the nearest dealer and give these things a test ride, The thing with the Monster is that if you only give it 5 minutes you may be put-off. But after an hour of putting it through its paces you'll want one bad. Riding this at 15mph just feels S.L.O.W.

Maybe after you've been enjoying your new ACM for awhile the Monsters will be more accessible, and your wife will have forgotten that you bought the ACM <_<

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

@Marty Backe Is your Monster 1600 Mh or 2400 Mh? 

What do you think? Seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:
37 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@Marty Backe Is your Monster 1600 Mh or 2400 Mh? 

What do you think? Seriously?

I just went on SpeedyFeet's website. 2400Mh! My bad!

I cannot believe Ian can jump lift that beast! 

mZfUEWr.jpg

Edited by Rehab1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I just went on SpeedyFeet's website. 2400Mh! My bad!

I cannot believe Ian can jump lift that beast! 

mZfUEWr.jpg

I still haven't really learned how to jump on any of my wheels - something I need to work on. Even Ian seem to give up on the idea of doing much jumping with this wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I just went on SpeedyFeet's website. 2400Mh! My bad!

My only ride has been the 25 mile one, and I used 30% of my battery. Probably half the ride was moving at ~20mph, so I was consuming some serious energy. I really think I'l going to get 75 - 90 miles out of this. I just have a pick a day where I have the time to ride for 8 hours and fully test the range :cry2:

Edited by Marty Backe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I still haven't really learned how to jump on any of my wheels - something I need to work on. Even Ian seem to give up on the idea of doing much jumping with this wheel.

No I have not either. It is not high on my priority list. The guy has legs of steal.  Wonder if he ever used Susan Summers Thigh Master?  The reason I asked about your model they do make a 1600 Mh version. Btw...Ian is sold out of the Monster! 

We'll be careful, have fun and I am looking forward to your video!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

No I have not either. It is not high on my priority list. The guy has legs of steal.  Wonder if he ever used Susan Summers Thigh Master?  The reason I asked about your model they do make a 1600 Mh version. Btw...Ian is sold out of the Monster! 

We'll be careful, have fun and I am looking forward to your video!

I was just razzing you for possibly thinking that I would go for the low-end Monster model ;)

When I bought it his stock went immediately to "out-of-stock", so I got the last one. Whew! He was the only place that had any. Now everyone has to wait until late February (Chinese New Year) before stocks start filling up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...