OMG! New Solowheel with 2 wheel design?

Planetpapi

27 minutes ago, WaveCut said:

It turns like typical hoverboards - look at the pedals there on the axle.
Think of it like hoverboard inverted, you can turn around at the same spot.

Oh..interesting, novel, clever and..... really horrible all at the same time, a sort of EUC that performs as badly as a hoverboard,

I wonder if it was possible to separately patent it as that sounds just the sort of thing Solowheel would want to patent?

I take it that it must have two independently powered wheels so you are going to end up with a hoverboard that really chucks you around on rough ground and which can throw you sideways into the road if you press too hard on one side - absolutely perfect for going round in ever decreasing circles. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, WaveCut said:

Solowheel Iota new design from indiegogo campaign was spotted at IFA 2017 at IconBIT stand
16zwegx.png

Can i just buy one piece from iconbit to not pay for the brand?

Wide tire! Just might make a good lawn roller.:)

1 hour ago, WaveCut said:

nope. its 2-wheeled

zwf0qdehkcpm9hiehxi0.jpg

gmel3menk3txgbfpqfqy.jpg

That's better yet!:) 

It looks very stable. Ufortunately attempting any type of tight turn with definitely scrap the bottom of the pedals. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2017 at 12:32 PM, Rehab1 said:

It looks very stable. Ufortunately attempting any type of tight turn with definitely scrap the bottom of the pedals. 

This is how we do it! :D As long as this is able to do tight turns I don't mind scratching the pedals.

On 9/10/2017 at 4:32 AM, Rehab1 said:

That's better yet!:) 

Unless the wheels are driven independently like a hoverboard... hmmmm :confused1:  Think hoverboard without the board and with the wheels in the middle... interesting... you could do zero degree turns if that is the case... might be more stable with the wheels under the centre of gravity... there could be more to this little device than meets the eye...

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Unless the wheels are driven independently like a hoverboard... hmmmm :confused1:  Think hoverboard without the board and with the wheels in the middle... interesting... you could do zero degree turns if that is the case... might be more stable with the wheels under the centre of gravity... there could be more to this little device than meets the eye...

You have point. That would be a great technological advancement into the EUC field. That would require 2 motors working in unison or some another method of transmitting power independently to each wheel.

If it is like my Grasshopper lawnmower that allows me to spin in zero radius turns I want one!

Thinking more on it and looking at the pedal supports it likely isn't the case as they would need to swivel independently to control the motors if they were separate like on hoverboards.  It also would be quite squirrelly I'm guessing with the two wheels so close together it likely would throw the rider off?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2017 at 11:12 AM, WaveCut said:

It turns like typical hoverboards - look at the pedals there on the axle.
Think of it like hoverboard inverted, you can turn around at the same spot.

said that

Oct 6, 2017 • 2:23AM Indiegogo

We have been diligently working each day to bring the Iota to market. Great products take time, but we’re very happy with the progress and we’ll update you as soon as we have a more definitive ETA. We are just as excited as you to take this product home

Still WIP

This is the one Shane Chen was in the news for last year being developed as the next product, right?

+1 New-ish idea , hoverboard style wheel turning...interesting

+1 small and easy to ride/carry/transport, hopefully very light. Might have mass market appeal.

-1 wide 2-wheels 

-1 small wheel base

-2 probably slow

------------------------------------

Total: -2

• 2 months later...

Archived