New 84v 1300wh ACM Received

11 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I vaccinated back and forth between the 1300Wh and 1600Wh. I went with the 1300Wh thinking I might survive a crash with less speed :)

Other than the range there is no difference in the 1300wh and 1600wh Version...Also not heavier or so...

It is just a 2900mah cell instead of a 3500mah....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The measurement is 8-1/2 inches. Interesting that it's almost 2 inches wider than my MSuper V3

Excellent information! Thank you very much! I have all of the necessary materials at work to increase the width to simultate the additional width and stance. Interestingly that I have never paid any attention to the width of the V5F+ or V8 up until now. I will get some pre and post photos along with measurements once the modifications are completed. Thanks again! :)

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Didn't want to make a new thread.... but I just got a pretty heavy package from FedEx.. wondering what is inside;)

Have Fun!

I would advice to look as much Videos about learning as possible.....and to "tape up" and secure your nice new wheel as good as you can!

If you have some Special question to learn riding...you can PM me on german  :-)

@KingSong69 Yea I watched a metric ton of videos but in the end one eventually has to do it. Biggest surprise is how heavy this thing is:shock2:

I still have no safety gear and I'm not sure if I should even start without.

May I ask a question right now?

The Gotway charger light goes from green to red when the wheel is connected. Is that good or bad?

I don't want to hijack this thread so that's all. Will do a detailed  first impressions and stuff thread later. I need to go to bed anyways, I've been waiting for this package for 22 hours now:D

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:
12 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The measurement is 8-1/2 inches. Interesting that it's almost 2 inches wider than my MSuper V3

The V5F+ and V8 measure 5 1/2" across so there is a 3" difference. When you have a moment can you please measure the total width across when both footplates are they are lowered? Thanks!

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@KingSong69 Yea I watched a metric ton of videos but in the end one eventually has to do it. Biggest surprise is how heavy this thing is.

I still have no safety gear and I'm not sure if I should even start without.

May I ask a question right now?

The Gotway charger light goes from green to red when the wheel is connected. Is that good or bad?

I don't want to hijack this thread so that's all.

That just means it is charging!

When it is fuel..it goes to green again....

As you just have to learn to wheel....i think that is possible without gear (my personal view)...as you will have enough to do with get to the first 2 meters.....

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Excellent information! Thank you very much! I have all of the necessary materials at work to increase the width to simultate the additional width and stance. Interestingly that I have never paid any attention to the width of the V5F+ or V8 up until now. I will get some pre and post photos along with measurements once the modifications are completed. Thanks again! :)

When i can give a tip here........

i would not test the Gotway "width" with your V8...that will just feel totally awkward and not near the ACM anyway, as the V8 is a totally different weight and height class also....

Also...if you bump up your V8 on the side, you will defintily loose pedal width....but on the GW ACM you have that, as it designed for that width.

i have to say, that like Marty, when i pumped up my V3 from 820wh to the wider White sides ...after about 45-50 Minutes i was totally good to go with the missing half centimeter...and that in General i adopted very well after a time to new wheels.....

So such experiments like taping up the V8 could bring you away from buying a fantastic wheel :-)

51 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

When i can give a tip here........

i would not test the Gotway "width" with your V8...that will just feel totally awkward and not near the ACM anyway, as the V8 is a totally different weight and height class also....

Also...if you bump up your V8 on the side, you will defintily loose pedal width....but on the GW ACM you have that, as it designed for that width.

The chef 

i have to say, that like Marty, when i pumped up my V3 from 820wh to the wider White sides ...after about 45-50 Minutes i was totally good to go with the miss ssing half centimeter...and that in General i adopted very well after a time to new wheels.....

So such experiments like taping up the V8 could bring you away from buying a fantastic wheel :-)

You make excellent points! Thanks! I was trying envision my knees having to abduct an additional 3" to compensate. 

So I assume the leg stance becomes more triangle oriented ( @Marty Backe alluded to that earlier) with the pedals extending out wider to compensate for the increased center width? 

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

You make excellent points! Thanks! I was trying envision my knees having to abduct an additional 3" to compensate. 

So I assume the leg stance becomes more triangle oriented ( @Marty Backe alluded to that earlier) with the pedals extending out wider to compensate for the increased center width? 

Hmmmh...i can not say much to the "bit wider" ACM....

But i would guess...yes it would get a bit more triangle orianted....But that is nothing to fear, like Marty said it makes it easier to move the wheel, thats absolutly correct!

But in General i would not fear a different design; thats the key Point i try to say here....once you are "befriended" with your new wheel it is not much difficulter than using your own car or that of your wife ;-).

i had a KS14,16,18 and a V3.....which are all not Slim...but a good amount of different :-)

And i nearly daily Change between KS18 and V3 nowadays, and yeah, this two really differ a lot.......

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

<snip>

But in General i would not fear a different design; thats the key Point i try to say here....once you are "befriended" with your new wheel it is not much difficulter than using your own car or that of your wife ;-).

<snip>

Keep in mind that @Rehab1's real objective with the 'test' is to see if his knees are affected because of the wider wheel. I assume that he won't be using the 'test' to evaluate handling or any other characteristics other than knee pain. So it's still probably useful to pad out the V8.

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Keep in mind that @Rehab1's real objective with the 'test' is to see if his knees are affected because of the wider wheel. I assume that he won't be using the 'test' to evaluate handling or any other characteristics other than knee pain. So it's still probably useful to pad out the V8.

Ok, didn't know that...

But i mean if he pads out his V8...on the upper Portion...he even can not try out Standing on it, even comfortably......as the pedals down there dont go "out" whith the pading.....So that on this test he has to stand on the V8 like a Cowboy or with legs like an "O"....Knees outward....feet inward (or even then on the end of the pedals).....and that is nothing realistic....or ACM mimicking

I hope i can describe what i mean with my first class english, Sorry :-)

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

Ok, didn't know that...

But i mean if he pads out his V8...on the upper Portion...he even can not try out Standing on it, even comfortably......as the pedals down there dont go "out" whith the pading.....So that on this test he has to stand on the V8 like a Cowboy or with legs like an "O"....Knees outward....feet inward (or even then on the end of the pedals).....and that is nothing realistic....or ACM mimicking

I hope i can describe what i mean with my first class english, Sorry :-)

I understand you perfectly - the Cowboy analogy is great :D  That will represent a problem, unless perhaps he can still ride with only half his foot on the pedals :shock2:

I'd love to try a Monster one day myself.. I wonder how it feels to ride a 22" looks impressive on videos! It's getting hard to not be a Gotway fanboy these days with this kind of performance :thumbup: ACM 1600Wh is high up on my list no doubt I may be getting one. Still I keep in mind I was lucky with my 45 km/h v3 crash.. Once you get used to higher speed it becomes normal, then you want more and more... Be safe man with that top speed!!

Estimated Accel/Braking Performance between wheels:

53% = old ACM <--> new ACM = 187%

73% = Monster <--> new ACM = 138%

73% = old ACM <--> Monster = 136%

Calculation:

ACM 820Wh peak power:
67.2V * 10A * 4packs * 95% efficiency = 2554W

ACM 1300Wh & Monster 1600Wh peak power:
84V * 10A * 6packs * 95% efficiency = 4788W

Examples:

new ACM --> old ACM:
2554W / 4788W = 53%

new ACM --> Monster:
16" / 22" = 73%

Monster --> old ACM:
22" / 16" * 2554W / 4788W = 73%

On 1/26/2017 at 11:23 AM, Marty Backe said:

I understand you perfectly - the Cowboy analogy is great :D  That will represent a problem, unless perhaps he can still ride with only half his foot on the pedals :shock2:

On 1/26/2017 at 11:18 AM, KingSong69 said:

So that on this test he has to stand on the V8 like a Cowboy or with legs like an "O"....Knees outward....feet inward (or even then on the end of the pedals).....and that is nothing realistic....or ACM mimicking

If you recall, I already have cowboy legs!  :facepalm:

Update: After receiving all of the kind advice from  @KingSong69 and @Marty Backe and weighing the options I changed my mind! I purchased the ACM 1600 Wh instead! :laughbounce2:

31 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

If you recall, I already have cowboy legs!  :facepalm:

Update: After receiving all of the kind advice from  @KingSong69 and @Marty Backe and weighing the options I changed my mind! I purchased the ACM 1600 Wh instead! :laughbounce2:

I hate you :furious:

40 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I hate you :furious:

Ah...only a mere 300 Wh increase. The deal was to good to pass up! Hopefully the company is reputable!  :)

12 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Ah...only a mere 300 Wh increase. The deal was to good to pass up! Hopefully the company is reputable!  :)

the one from my link? They are...best GW seller on aliexpress!

just don't forget it is chinese new year and so it will take some more time.....

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2017 at 1:10 PM, KingSong69 said:

Other than the range there is no difference in the 1300wh and 1600wh Version...Also not heavier or so...

It is just a 2900mah cell instead of a 3500mah....

All of us have seen those ACM 1300 and 1600 from "green and fashion traveling shop" on Aliexpress. The packages weigh 22 and 25 kg respectively. Is it an error in the specs?

8 hours ago, Radislav said:

All of us have seen those ACM 1300 and 1600 from "green and fashion traveling shop" on Aliexpress. The packages weigh 22 and 25 kg respectively. Is it an error in the specs?

Must be!

its the same as there is no difference between 680 and 820 version....as this are also same number of cells.

there might be a 1-3 gram difference between the cell type ....but nothing that goes to 3kg

On 2/19/2017 at 0:05 AM, yourtoys7 said:

Im considering upgrading my acm, looking for a good place to buy.

According to G&F Traveling Shop my new ACM 1600 Mh is currently sitting on the tar mat at the Hong Kong airport. I will soon see if they are a reputable seller for your possible next purchase.

On 2/22/2017 at 1:05 PM, Rehab1 said:

According to G&F Traveling Shop my new ACM 1600 Mh is currently sitting on the tar mat at the Hong Kong airport. I will soon see if they are a reputable seller for your possible next purchase.

Rehab1, so to get this correct you ordered this about a month ago right?  The AliExpress store is quoting ten days for a delivery to nyc. Hmmm.. I have a feeling it's not 10 days.

2 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Rehab1, so to get this correct you ordered this about a month ago right?  The AliExpress store is quoting ten days for a delivery to nyc. Hmmm.. I have a feeling it's not 10 days.

On AliExpress, you have to pay more attention to the Seller Guarantee Days more than the quoted Estimated Delivery Time.

For example: Estimated Delivery Time could be 8 days, but if the Seller Guarantee is 35 days, it could take 27 days to process and for the seller to receive the wheel from the factory, then take 8 days to ship out to you. The Seller Guarantee is what they are liable for before AliExpress closes your order and refunds the money back to you.

Archived