EUC with 2 wheels

Very interesting. There's certainly room enough to pack that with enough batteries to have a range much greater than 25 miles.

I still think nothing beats the all around cool factor of the EUC B)

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I still think nothing beats the all around cool factor of the EUC B)

Yup!

Just not to compare with electric unicycle.....second wheel just not needed!

Nice find. It's described as "self-balancing" scooter, though to me it looks as self-balancing as a bicycle, i.e. it doesn't look to be self-balancing at all. On the up-side, it has a face-plant preventing front wheel. Face-plant prevention is the only up-side I can find, compared to an EUC. Well, maybe it is also a little easier to learn. 

5 minutes ago, Mono said:

Face-plant prevention is the only up-side I can find, compared to an EUC.

That's a big up-side,  you could ride faster with no fear of face-plant.  But if the front wheel turns like a bicycle fork, you could still get the wobbles and faceplant anyway.  I was wondering why the rider had all those pads on, and they never showed any fast speed.  Must be some problem found in testing.

10 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That's a big up-side,  you could ride faster with no fear of face-plant.  But if the front wheel turns like a bicycle fork, you could still get the wobbles and faceplant anyway.  I was wondering why the rider had all those pads on, and they never showed any fast speed.  Must be some problem found in testing.

Hard to say. I think you are right, in that the geometry of the self-steering front wheel is decisive and it might give raise to surprising behaviour. Hard to say ;)

All of these upsides are certainly true, but they don't overcome the fact that you look like you're riding down the road standing on a bicycle :blink:

And all the upsides negate what I love most about an EUC; you can glide wherever you want to go while taking up no more space than a walking person.

31 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I was wondering why the rider had all those pads on,

Looked like a responsible rider to me :).  The polar opposite of a majority of the videos I've seen of EUC riders.:(

That said, I think I prefer the EUC as well... Looking forward to the spring and summer months.  

Just now, Wagtenor said:

Looked like a responsible rider to me

Yeah, I was impressed by that,  not many videos show people riding with that much protection.  I was happy to see it.  I only wear a helmet and wrist guard gloves with palm protectors, but elbow and knee protectors are a good idea.

Archived