ACM - Tire pressure and Android App

@Marty Backe: Tried the "english" version as well but this one is also not for higher speeds. 

Am I wrong or did I miss something? The tiltback function does not need any more power then normal riding. There is no additional motor or something to tilt back. It´s simply that the pedals are turned back. That is done by the software. It´s simply that the "gyro" no longer wants to bring the EUC (pedals) in horizontal position. Does the wheel therefore have to accelerate even more? Not sure. 

@KingSong69: You say that you are using the latest GW app, right? But for me and otheres the Maximum Speed is 30 km/h. When I turn off the tilt back function and disable both alarms the "last" alarm starts at before 30 km/h :angry:

I do not want to offend anybody but I bought this EUC because it´s one of the fastest and I did research before to be sure that it can be driven faster then 30 km/h.
I did records of all the rides and I was surprised but most of the time I do 35-40 km/h without looking on the phone. As the ACM flipped by 47 km/h I think this is save. (For sure not when you go uphill). All I do need is a possibility to warn me in some way that I´m faster than 40 km/h. 

Screenshot_2017-01-22-21-19-05.png

12 minutes ago, Fabian Gutbrod said:

@Marty Backe: Tried the "english" version as well but this one is also not for higher speeds. 

Am I wrong or did I miss something? The tiltback function does not need any more power then normal riding. There is no additional motor or something to tilt back. It´s simply that the pedals are turned back. That is done by the software. It´s simply that the "gyro" no longer wants to bring the EUC (pedals) in horizontal position. Does the wheel therefore have to accelerate even more? Not sure. 

@KingSong69: You say that you are using the latest GW app, right? But for me and otheres the Maximum Speed is 30 km/h. When I turn off the tilt back function and disable both alarms the "last" alarm starts at before 30 km/h :angry:

I do not want to offend anybody but I bought this EUC because it´s one of the fastest and I did research before to be sure that it can be driven faster then 30 km/h.
I did records of all the rides and I was surprised but most of the time I do 35-40 km/h without looking on the phone. As the ACM flipped by 47 km/h I think this is save. (For sure not when you go uphill). All I do need is a possibility to warn me in some way that I´m faster than 40 km/h. 

The tilt-back function takes a lot more power, although I can't quantify "a lot" precisely. If you're cruising at 45 km/h with the pedals horizontal (actually tilted forward) and tilt-back is turned on by the control board, it must continue (even if only for a couple of seconds) driving at 45 plus elevate the pedals backward (potentially lifting 100 kg of weight higher off the ground). This consumes a non-trivial amount of additional power. Yes, when the pedals are tilted back it is essentially lifting you slightly higher.

The ACM can easily go > 35km/h.  I've approached 40 but those are uncomfortable speeds for me to sustain.

On my ACM and MSuper I won't hear the 3rd alarm until >35 km/h. And that works perfectly for me since my sweet spot is between 30 and 35.

Use Wheellog to give you the warnings that you seek. You can configure it to warn you (phone vibration) when your speed exceeds the number you type in. And if you have a Pebble watch, your wrist will vibrate. From the app home screen, swipe from the left to access the alarm functions. Many people don't realize that those capabilities exist.

I still think that it's prudent to spend most of your riding <35 km/h. This applies to any wheel, but right now only Gotway offers those speeds. Was there actually another EUC that you found that could travel the speeds that you want?

2 hours ago, Fabian Gutbrod said:

You say that you are using the latest GW app, right? But for me and otheres the Maximum Speed is 30 km/h. When I turn off the tilt back function and disable both alarms the "last" alarm starts at before 30 km/h :angry:

......it is not that i dont believe you!!! I would be angry as shit also, but please at Gotway!

I just wanted to share that not all have These Problems with the latest app.....

Last Alarm beeping before 30kmh is a joke....on those ACM/Msuper V3 Versions should be 36-38  or even higher....

Have you tried an older Version of the GW app? Deinstall yours, install again and dont do the update to 2.11.

Or i would try to go over an iphone IOS version from a friend or so....

BTW: What do you mean by "flip with 47kmh" ? The lift up max Speed test?

If so, then i found 47kmh to low! For announced 45kmh it should be higher than 50...i would personnaly expect the lift up Speed test to be 53kmh like on the  test Video from electro-Sport.de:

2 hours ago, Fabian Gutbrod said:

What about that the pedals have to work against your feet/Body that is trying to accelerate and by that pushing against this tiltback level? this movement then Need more force on the wheel aka more power needed....but @Marty Backe has explained it much  nicer, my english is catastrophic :-)

Like said, there have been reports of real highspeed cutouts, directly followed after the tiltback sets in (talking about tiltback over 39kmh or above)...

@Marty Backe: Thanks again for your support. I give up with the apps right now. For my need´s the Wheellog is the best app BUT it has some drawbacks I would like to discuss in the wheellog post
Right now I go without tiltback and without first and second alarm. The last alarm now starts at 34-36 km/h. Did not find a way to set this one higher. So right now I oscillate around 35 km/h on the flat. The vibration alarm is funny but most of the time I did not feel it. So for alarm and tiltback settings I use the app from electric-sports.de
Tire pressure has much more influences to the ACM then for my Ninebot. I increased to 3 bar and will keep this pressure for a while as it is still comfortable and feels much more agil than 2,7 bar (I used before). 

@KingSong69: Ich denke niemand ist beleidigt wenn wir untereinander auf Deutsch schreiben. Mein Englisch ist leider auch nicht besonders gut. Für allgemeine Fragen und Erkenntnisse wechsle ich ins Englisch. Ich denke das ist nur höflich in einem englischsprachigen Forum. Ich hab zwei ältere GW Versionen (apk) installiert aber keine der beiden ist von den Speedlimits "offen". Keine Sorge ich ärgere mich wirklich nur über mich selbst, dass ich beim Kauf nicht auf die App geschaut habe. Aber selbst wenn ich glaube ich hätte dennoch das ACM gekauft. Als ich schrieb, dass ich übergekippt bin meinte ich tatsächlich das ich gemerkt habe wie dem ACM die Power gefehlt hat mich wieder auf zu richten. Die Situation war recht simpel. Ich war bereits bei über 40 km/h wo ich zusätzlich beschleunigen wollte. Die Datenaufzeichnung ist leider nicht sehr aussagekräftig aber so wie ich es interpretiere konnte nicht genug Strom zum Zeitpunkt der Beschleunigung durch die Wicklungen "gepumpt" werden. Daher bin ich relativ langsam (also nicht schlagartig) nach vorne übergekippt. Ich denke die Batteriespannung ist für die Wicklung des ACM sehr grenzwertig und die vollen 3kW aufgrund der Gegeninduktion bei den höheren Geschwindigkeiten nicht mehr zu erreichen. Daher sollte man bei höherer Geschwindigkeit deutlich sanfter agieren. Bezüglich der Tiltback Geschichte stimme ich dem Forum noch nicht zu. In meinen Augen wird nahezu keine zusätzlich Leistung benötigt um die Pedalstellung an zu passen. Wirklich gehoben wird man nicht. Aber ich beobachte das. Beim Ninebot war die Tiltback Funktion sehr nützlich und das gepiepe geht mir ehrlich gesagt auf die Nerven.

Archived