On 9/5/2017 at 11:14 AM, kasenutty said:

More4Mini has a proper charger like EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD GETS EXCEPT US. 

I bought the 63V charger from More4Mini.

Would charging the MiniPro with the 57V be better for the battery?

When I anticipate a longer range ride, then I'm thinking to top off the battery with the 63V charger, thinking that this preserves the longevity of the battery better.

Is this logic correct?

Edited by Rocky Romero

It might be better for the battery, but I don't want to drive this thing for the rest of my live. Think about like this, they say it does what, something like 2 or 3000 charge cycles. What if it did a thousand less by charging to a higher limit? Would you even notice? 

I do not ride mine all that much, but even if you were fully depleting on the way to work and charging, then depleting on the way home, you'd still be at only 730 cycles, and that's commuting to work 7 days a week like 15-16 miles each way. I'll never use a Minpro like that myself, maybe you will and should choose the crappy ninebot charger.

But then, you're not gonna make it the whole 16 miles! :D

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

It might be better for the battery, but I don't want to drive this thing for the rest of my live. Think about like this, they say it does what, something like 2 or 3000 charge cycles. What if it did a thousand less by charging to a higher limit? Would you even notice? 

I do not ride mine all that much, but even if you were fully depleting on the way to work and charging, then depleting on the way home, you'd still be at only 730 cycles, and that's commuting to work 7 days a week like 15-16 miles each way. I'll never use a Minpro like that myself, maybe you will and should choose the crappy ninebot charger.

But then, you're not gonna make it the whole 16 miles! :D

I don't understand battery technology that much.

I want to have a good long distance charge when needed.  I'm expecting (hoping) 19 mile range on the MniPro with the 63V charge.

You're right about the irrelevance of cycles as I believe to upgrade way before the full potential.  

Maybe.

I charge with the stock charger most of the time, because it only brings the battery to 80% charge.  I can leave it like that for days or weeks without worrying about battery degradation.  When I want to go for maximum range I charge to 63 volts for 100% capacity.  But leaving it charged at 100% for weeks or months is bad for the battery.  It's great having the option of both.

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:56 AM, FreeRide said:

You get a good 63V 2.5A charger from more4mini.com. 

86ECD2D2-DFC9-4068-AC07-B061CD7676EB.jpeg

The Ninebot One E+ charger also works if you replace the plug.  Or a home made 63v 2A charger can be built for $30.

20 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

I charge with the stock charger most of the time, because it only brings the battery to 80% charge.  I can leave it like that for days or weeks without worrying about battery degradation.  When I want to go for maximum range I charge to 63 volts for 100% capacity.  But leaving it charged at 100% for weeks or months is bad for the battery.  It's great having the option of both.

Aha.

This is the confirmation that I wanted.

Learning the rules from the more experienced.

A mile here, a pound there.  Very soon it adds up to viewing the world longer from wheeling.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I'll agree with Roo and say I never leave it pegged at 100%. If it's 100% I'll ride it around some just to discharge it some, before letting it sit for an extended period. 

I have three batteries that I can now extend my range by 3 x 19 miles, potentially, without recharging.

That works very well for me, as I will also bring a charger with me.

Now, my limitation is my own fatigue factor.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kasenutty said:

It says 19 but I get like maybe 16. I am a fat fucker though, so you'd probably do better. I weigh 225, actually 227, but I round it down for vanity reasons :D

It said 19 miles for me also.

And I just discovered two new beaches and a preserve on a bike path.

Neither of which I would have known except for the MiniPro.

I have driven it before, at a distance, but as you know, it's not the same experience.

All it took was a few more miles with a battery charger and the input from everyone here.

That's huge for me.

Edited by Rocky Romero
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/09/2017 at 6:47 PM, Rocky Romero said:

Would charging the MiniPro with the 57V be better for the battery?

No it's not better because every 10-15 loads, you need a full charge to make the equilibration of the cells. So you need a 63V output charger to do it.

• 6 months later...

Mini PLUS (not pro) user from Europe here, thought i would "hijack" this GREAT thread with a question and some info.

Xiaomi Mini Plus bought from gearbest with non EU plug charger show 58.8V and only 1.2A (thats not a lot) charging power. It runs fairly hot (worryingly so) to the touch when charging.

Question is if I could buy a 63V charger to enjoy better speed and milage. Max Speed drops as batteries are discharging on the mini plus and you tilt back at 19km/h (which is only 16km/h when measured by GPS soni think we are getting fooled)

Though im reluctant to half the nr of charge cycles it would b nice to ocasionally super charge it for example on long days out with friends or when commuting to work.

IMG_20180421_150304.jpg

Edited by Boogieman

I do remember that Xiaomi mini's were delivered with a smaller chargers than MiniPro's. Both chargers works on both devices.So you can surely get yourself a biffier charger to get your miniplus charged up to 100%.

7 hours ago, jojo33 said:

For now I have not seen a generic charger with the new charger connector of the Mini PLUS

I have, but its kind of hidden in the select section and image not so clear (image 6 showing connector from rear)

Xiaomi Ninebot/Ninebot Plus Power Adapter Charger Battery Supply US Plug for Xiaomi Smart Scooter Ninebot Skateboard Accessories
http://s.aliexpress.com/qqMB3uq6?

Edited by Boogieman

8 hours ago, Boogieman said:

I have, but its kind of hidden in the select section and image not so clear (image 6 showing connector from rear)

Xiaomi Ninebot/Ninebot Plus Power Adapter Charger Battery Supply US Plug for Xiaomi Smart Scooter Ninebot Skateboard Accessories
http://s.aliexpress.com/qqMB3uq6?

i talk about generic charger with more than 1.2A , your is an original , 

12 hours ago, Vik's said:

Isn't there an EU (CE approved ) charger version? With ~120W?

i have search a genric more powerfull but no, maybe with ONE Z will be selling in North America , is the same port

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, jojo33 said:

i have search a genric more powerfull but no, maybe with ONE Z will be selling in North America , is the same port

If the situation is the same as with mini/minipro's (most probably is) then it should be just a matter of changing the connector on a 120W 63V charger from a minipro?

27 minutes ago, Vik's said:

If the situation is the same as with mini/minipro's (most probably is) then it should be just a matter of changing the connector on a 120W 63V charger from a minipro?

yes but , the connector could not be found for the moment

1 hour ago, jojo33 said:

yes but , the connector could not be found for the moment

Was thinking about re-using the existing connector from mini plus. Any volunteers? :P

Edited by Vik's
typo

• 1 year later...