7 minutes ago, Pezman said:

Wait a minute.... hold the phone!!

Can anyone confirm if this "little component" to adjust the voltage is also a part that exists in the 59.5 volt North American Ninebot charger? Could we maybe just turn it up to 63 volts like the More4Mini one? Someone please check and test this.

I want to look inside mine but I will have to break open the charger and I'm not sure I want to do that yet.

1 minute ago, RooMiniPro said:

I want to look inside mine but I will have to break open the charger and I'm not sure I want to do that yet.

hehe -- that is exactly how I feel..

But I know there are some very brave souls on this forum who wouldn't have any reservations about tearing into the 59.5 volt charger.

This is the charger that we have in North America. It's not screwed together like some power bricks that have screws under the rubber feet.  This one may be glued together, so it will likely get damaged when opening it up.

IMG_7250.JPG

IMG_7249.JPG

• Upvote 1

Just now, RooMiniPro said:

This is the charger that we have in North America. It's not screwed together like some power bricks that have screws under the rubber feet.  This one may be glued together, so it will likely get damaged when opening it up.

IMG_7250.JPG

IMG_7249.JPG

how about under the label?

By the way I check the bolts and screws you mentioned --  the bolts all seem tight but those 4 screws needed a quarter turn. Thanks

Maybe we should get the folks at ifixit on this...

3 minutes ago, Pezman said:

how about under the label?

By the way I check the bolts and screws you mentioned --  the bolts all seem tight but those 4 screws needed a quarter turn. Thanks

Yeah I looked under one end of the label (that's why my labels look rough in the top left corner) but I didn't find any screws.  I think it's going to need to be broken open, like in this pic.

No problem.  I think a lot of people leave that sticker on forever, not realising there are screws under it that need tightening. 

FUAEA1MFKD1M0RN_MEDIUM.jpg

Edited by RooMiniPro
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Pezman said:

So we need someone with a busted one who is willing to bust it some more...

Or someone who is out of warranty or who doesn't care about their charger's warranty.  I have opened chargers like this before and it totally destroys them cosmetically but the charger still functions normally afterwards.  I am wondering now if all the Ninebot Mini/MiniPro chargers around the world are identical inside but some have their pots turned down for lower voltage output.  If it's that simple I would happily be the one to break mine open and change the voltage, but I need confirmation that it is in fact that simple to change it. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

I am wondering now if all the Ninebot Mini/MiniPro chargers around the world are identical inside but some have their pots turned down for lower voltage output.

From the visual comparison of the pictures it doesn't seem so. To begin with, the cable and the diode seem not to be at the same place.

4 hours ago, Mono said:

From the visual comparison of the pictures it doesn't seem so. To begin with, the cable and the diode seem not to be at the same place.

According to the visual, there is no need to open this type of charger because NINEBOT seems to work now with a new manufacturer. And you can forget the possibility to adjust output voltage for this "new" charger model (maybe this model is cheaper to produce than the "old" one)

58f85cae2f3aa_CHARGERCOMPARE.jpg.05bd1995797aed2e0d5ac949b7f7ad14.jpg

I have open many chargers in order to see if output voltage is ajustable, but only this type of charger (with sticker code starting XV-000000000000000 and with 4 screws with easy access) have a potentiometer and can be adjusted.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, smallexis said:

According to the visual, there is no need to open this type of charger because NINEBOT seems to work now with a new manufacturer. And you can forget the possibility to adjust output voltage for this "new" charger model (maybe this model is cheaper to produce than the "old" one)

58f85cae2f3aa_CHARGERCOMPARE.jpg.05bd1995797aed2e0d5ac949b7f7ad14.jpg

I have open many chargers in order to see if output voltage is ajustable, but only this type of charger (with sticker code starting XV-000000000000000 and with 4 screws with easy access) have a potentiometer and can be adjusted.

This makes me sad. Thanks for the reply though. 

7 hours ago, Pezman said:

This makes me sad. Thanks for the reply though. 

It looks like we're back to the option of ordering the $18USD one and soldering on a connector, or spending over $100 CAD on the More4Mini one.

Lol, I pretty much stopped riding it about a week after I got the charger, because my unicycle came in :D 

It's mainly used by my 16 year old daughter to tag along with me here and there, and it's done real good.

The other note of interest, is I never ever really rode it any further than 10 miles at a time, the lack of full charge just bothered me... Like bothered my soul for some reason. I was hell bent on rectifying it, but for no real world reason. I just want to get all I can out stuff. I can obsess on things for way too long, and the charger occupied my mind for far too long :D

6 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

New theory: The US government instructed Ninebot to give Americans less range in an effort to encourage more walking to help with the North American obesity crisis.

If that were the case they might have said no Segways in the USA.

4 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I actually lost a few pounds since I started mini and euc riding.

Less time eating more time riding around? Or perhaps you lost weight due to all the worrying you did about the charger? Lol

• Upvote 2

Just now, kasenutty said:

I must be a fat American. Before my mini and EUC, I didn't do anything. I mean like nothing. I've actually lost 15 pounds since I started riding my mini and EUC. Crazy, I musta been stagnant. 

They say that sitting is the new cancer. So riding, even if you are just standing, is still better than sitting right? 

• Upvote 1