Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello! I just moved to NYC a few months ago and I am interested to hear about experiences from EUC riders in the city before I go "head first" and purchase one. My notifications are turned on so please send me a message and I will get back! Thanks! 

 

-Tim M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Timothy Martin said:

Hello! I just moved to NYC a few months ago and I am interested to hear about experiences from EUC riders in the city before I go "head first" and purchase one. My notifications are turned on so please send me a message and I will get back! Thanks! 

Not quite sure what you want to hear.

There are many NYC EUC daily riders here in the city (including me), but many don't particularly frequent this forum.

You might be better served / get questions asked faster if you join up below and ask them/us direct:

NYC E-Riders NYC E-Riders  NYC PEV Marketplace NYC PEV Marketplace  NYC PEV Marketplace NYC Rider FB Chat  wPUpDLW.png NYC EUC Collective

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 8:03 AM, houseofjob said:

Not quite sure what you want to hear.

There are many NYC EUC daily riders here in the city (including me), but many don't particularly frequent this forum.

You might be better served / get questions asked faster if you join up below and ask them/us direct:

NYC E-Riders NYC E-Riders  NYC PEV Marketplace NYC PEV Marketplace  NYC PEV Marketplace NYC Rider FB Chat  wPUpDLW.png NYC EUC Collective

Well.. I just purchased a Ninebot One S1 from Craigslist, I know it's not very fast, but I figured this would be a good starting place. Just wanted to know when you guys meet up. Also looking to get some of those shin/leg pads that adhere onto the sides of the shell.

 

Thanks!

-Tim M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Timothy Martin said:

Well.. I just purchased a Ninebot One S1 from Craigslist, I know it's not very fast, but I figured this would be a good starting place. Just wanted to know when you guys meet up. Also looking to get some of those shin/leg pads that adhere onto the sides of the shell.

 

Thanks!

-Tim M

To be frank, that is a good wheel to start learning on, but you will not be able to ride with the group because it is too slow.  I also know it is the opinion of the majority that it isn't safe to ride in the streets of NYC with such a slow wheel also.

Learn to ride, then upgrade you wheel.  I only used my C+ for a month, then upgraded.  I was in the same boat, didn't know how I would like this hobby and didn't want to spend too much.  

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Timothy Martin said:

Just wanted to know when you guys meet up. Also looking to get some of those shin/leg pads that adhere onto the sides of the shell.

Yes, I'm afraid @eddiemoy is right, almost all in the group have wheels that do 30mph and tend not to wait up, but FWIW we've had riders who own slower wheels meet up just at starts of rides, etc. 

The group rides in general are posted in the socials I linked above. I occasionally repost on this forum as well.

As for side pads, I know speedyfeet carries the ones specifically designed for your S1, or an eBay / AliExpress probably have shops that carry the same (not sure how comfy those are). Otherwise, you can really repurpose any EUC pad/cushion to stick on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Yes, I'm afraid @eddiemoy is right, almost all in the group have wheels that do 30mph and tend not to wait up, but FWIW we've had riders who own slower wheels meet up just at starts of rides, etc. 

Are you guys averaging 30mph? 😳 I have the Z10, even pushing it hard on constant beep, the app will only show me 20-22mph average after 20 miles. 

We miss your korean bbq ride last week because we went canoeing. Perhaps some other time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

Are you guys averaging 30mph? 😳 I have the Z10, even pushing it hard on constant beep, the app will only show me 20-22mph average after 20 miles. 

We miss your korean bbq ride last week because we went canoeing. Perhaps some other time. 

No, it's not a constant 30, really depends on the rider and the wheel. We usually try to plan catch up spots along the route.

Too bad we missed you! We'll definitely have more riders to come.

(BTW I get 27-28 mph max on my Z10, not sure why you only get 20-22. Perhaps rider weight(?))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

BTW I get 27-28 mph max on my Z10, not sure why you only get 20-22. Perhaps rider weight(?)

No issues reaching and sustaining max speed of 28mph for most of my rides. It’s after a long  ride and I look in the app and it’s showing the average to be a lot slower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rotciv said:

No issues reaching and sustaining max speed of 28mph for most of my rides. It’s after a long  ride and I look in the app and it’s showing the average to be a lot slower.

Ah, yes, there is safety speed throttling for the bottom end of the battery capacity. FWIW, I tend to average in the ~25mph due to the max speed and overall mass of the Z10; 28mph only for burst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 10:05 AM, eddiemoy said:

To be frank, that is a good wheel to start learning on, but you will not be able to ride with the group because it is too slow.  I also know it is the opinion of the majority that it isn't safe to ride in the streets of NYC with such a slow wheel also.

Learn to ride, then upgrade you wheel.  I only used my C+ for a month, then upgraded.  I was in the same boat, didn't know how I would like this hobby and didn't want to spend too much.  

Good luck.

Yeah I didn't want to invest too heavily because it was my first time even riding one! Anyways I can get around my kitchen without falling now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 10:57 AM, houseofjob said:

Yes, I'm afraid @eddiemoy is right, almost all in the group have wheels that do 30mph and tend not to wait up, but FWIW we've had riders who own slower wheels meet up just at starts of rides, etc. 

The group rides in general are posted in the socials I linked above. I occasionally repost on this forum as well.

As for side pads, I know speedyfeet carries the ones specifically designed for your S1, or an eBay / AliExpress probably have shops that carry the same (not sure how comfy those are). Otherwise, you can really repurpose any EUC pad/cushion to stick on.

Yeah! I would like to at least meet you guys/give another EUCs a try once I get a bit better at riding. Thank you for the advice in regards to the padding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whens the next nyc meetup? Thinking of taking a trip from philly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nimbus2000 said:

Whens the next nyc meetup? Thinking of taking a trip from philly

Next one will be the 16X demo, if all goes right.

Stay tuned on the NYC E-Riders Facebook Group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

 

Inclement Weather? Perfect opportunity to evaluate the 16X for water 💦 intrusion. ;) I hope you have great weather!

Edited by Rehab1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Brooklyn and Manhattan riders holler if ya wanna ride this week 6/26. Any terrain

www.Instagram.com/eucsidestreetreny

Our Telegrams are good for finding riders on-the-fly FYI Reny:

NYC EBoarding Locations: https://t.me/NYCEboardingLocations

NYC EUC Collective: https://t.me/nycunicyclecollective

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! I finally caved and purchased a KS 16s. Any group rides coming up before we have to break out the winter gear?

Thanks!

 

-Tim M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...