NYC EU group

johnc415

All NYC EU riders, please subscribe to this thread! I'd like this to be a central thread where we can discuss pertinent issues surrounding riding the EU's in the great city of NYC, set up a time to get together and ride, and share tips/pointers. Looking forward to this thread growing in number!

• Upvote 3

Hi John.  I live in Manhattan and I'm new to EU's and to this forum.  I don't own an EU yet, but I'm looking to buy.  Would you be willing to meet up so I can look at yours and maybe get some tips/advice, free or otherwise?  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Hi John.  I live in Manhattan and I'm new to EU's and to this forum.  I don't own an EU yet, but I'm looking to buy.  Would you be willing to meet up so I can look at yours and maybe get some tips/advice, free or otherwise?  Thanks.

Hi Jacob,

Sorry I've been quite busy at work this week. Sure, I'm mostly riding back immediately after work to catch my bus back to NJ but I can spare some time after work. Where is a good central point to meet? and let me know if today or Friday works for you. Otherwise I can meet up sometime midweek next week also. Thanks!

• Looks nice ..  27lb a bit on heavy side. What's the battery and motor?
  • SPECS: Length 18.8in; Width (collapsed) 7.5in; Width (expanded) 14.9in; Height 20.35; Weight 27.5lb; Speed 10m/hr; Maximum tilt 30 degrees; Charge time 45-90min; Max load 242.5lbs; Battery life 1000+ charges

hi techflyjy,

this looks great!! i hear the greenway gets really crowded on nice days! but yes i'd def b down for a ride here. i'd imagine we'd need at least an hour or so to fully enjoy the route. i may be free saturday morning but will confirm

Since I got EU with me, I will give a try after work today . Will report back.
Im at fidi area, so i will start from battery park to 50th st, then get on E Subway train there to go back home. 
Total around 6 miles (10 km)  hopefully  i can make that far .. or my EU 264wh battery can make it.

Since I got EU with me, I will give a try after work today . Will report back.
Im at fidi area, so i will start from battery park to 50th st, then get on E Subway train there to go back home. 
Total around 6 miles (10 km)  hopefully  i can make that far .. or my EU 264wh battery can make it.

Def give the update! I'm excited to try the greenway :) I also finally bought something which I hope will allow me to record video on my rides; supposed to arrive sat/mon

Hi Tim

Very nice meeting you today ( when I was riding at Greenway :) ).

I might can make it Sunday. Let me know if still around south seaport area. But Sunday's temperature is 90 degrees though B)

Edited by techflyjy

Def give the update! I'm excited to try the greenway :) I also finally bought something which I hope will allow me to record video on my rides; supposed to arrive sat/mon

Over all the greenway ride is pleasant, I ride all the way to 52 st from battery park. Surprisingly I still have 3 out 4 battery light indicator left which is good, but tg-f3 is too slow to be on bicycle lane, beeping all the time and rise the peddle sometimes, thank god no power cut off.

Bicyclists pass me left and right, start yelling at me :P 

So i switched to running and walking lane, my wheel just a bit faster than jogging people . Hopefully your gotway can handle the bicycel lane. I will do this again soon!

• Upvote 1

Today I tried east side FDR east river bikeway. Been sitting all day my legs are weak have to stop and rest couple of time during the 7 miles ride. East river bikeway seems a bit better than Hudson green way less people. I also crossed Queensboro bridge. Its a bit too long and steep slope for the 350w motor but still finished the journey. 50% battery left and my feet was numb. 

Screenshot_2015-07-20-19-58-29.png

20150720_182649~2~2.jpg

• Upvote 1