Xima Lhotz IPS 191 suddenly won't power on :(

Marcus Matos

@Marcus Matos did you ever get your problem fixed?  It turned out i needed a new battery and a new main board. The latter was $100 however as my wheel was only just out of warranty they gave me a free board if i paid for the battery. 

They have just arrived in the mail so currently putting it all back together. Frustratingly a couple of the connectors have changed so just awaiting advice from IPS on what to do. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had luck sourcing a board? I have not heard back from IPS in over week after sending several emails. Very frustrating.

Edit: Just heard back. Seems to be moving forward. I will keep updating as this process happens for anyone else who may run into the same issue. 

Edited by EvenOdd

Hope this saves your problem. I found IPS customer service very helpful although on occasion they can be slow to answer emails. A couple of times it was 4-6 days before they responded. 

When my new board arrived the connector for the battery was reversed. Luckily I had a new battery too and the connector gender on this was also reversed so they fitted OK. They have also changed the design of the lighting control board since i bought my original wheel. The connectors on the new main board will not fit the old light control board. I never used the lights anyway and not connecting the light board makes no difference to the operation of the wheel in other respects. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, nute said:

Hope this saves your problem. I found IPS customer service very helpful although on occasion they can be slow to answer emails. A couple of times it was 4-6 days before they responded. 

When my new board arrived the connector for the battery was reversed. Luckily I had a new battery too and the connector gender on this was also reversed so they fitted OK. They have also changed the design of the lighting control board since i bought my original wheel. The connectors on the new main board will not fit the old light control board. I never used the lights anyway and not connecting the light board makes no difference to the operation of the wheel in other respects. 

Thanks for the reply! I told IPS over email that I want the board and asked how to proceed with payment. That was 7 days ago. I sent another follow-up email. Just a waiting game at this point. If you don't mind me asking, how did they have you pay and how long did shipping take?

I think i paid by card, but i must admit I'm not sure now. 

The sent it by UPS as the package also contained the battery. Yueyue sent me the tracking number but it didn't show anything for about 5-6 days until the parcel got to the Netherlands, from then it to another day or two so maybe a bit over a week in total. The board came complete with the aluminium heat sink box so it was simple to fit.

I hope you get a reply soon. I have to admit i sometimes went 3-4 days without a response which was a bit frustrating. I guess she has lots of other things to do than answering our awkward emails. Overall i did find IPS very helpful especially when i was trying to diagnose the initial problems and i was constantly asking daft questions. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Glad it worked out for you and all is working again. 

Have to say i found IPS pretty helpful, when they were talking to me, but like you there were times when a few days went by with no response from them. I don't know how many staff they have and obviously they have recently been developing the new wheel. 

When i had the initial problem they could not have been more helpful in guiding me through getting it all apart and testing  the various parts, sending results back and forth etc. They had a lot of patience with all my daft questions...

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem.

I think my charger has stopped working. I notice the end that plugs into the wheel, getting a little loose, and then I saw a small spark. I took the end apart, and it appears that two connectors still have a good solder connection.

When I plug it into the wheel, the light on the charger stays green.

The wheel doesn't appear to do anything anymore.
I suppose it could be the wheel, but my history with these sorts of electric scooters and skateboards tells me it's the charger.
Does anyone know of any way I could test the charger?