Looking for the perfect, fast EUC for traveling to work

Fabian Gutbrod

Hi, that´s my first post in this forum and I want to say that I´m very happy that I found it. 
At the beginning I only searched for a way to make my ninebot C+ faster, but I think it´s not possible without bigger hardware modifications :(
Last weekend I did some city sightseeing with my girlfriend and now I´m absolutely sure that EUC is the future for individual transportation. 
I started to go to work (9km) also with the ninebot but it´s simply to slow. The speed limit is 20 km/h so it takes me 30 min. for one way. 
I would say that I´m a skilled "rider" so more speed is the key. I do not need big capacity as I can charge nearly everywhere and for long rides I will put an addition battery pack to the original one. So I searched for fast EUC and for sure this forum helped to find some the top 3. 
The price does not really matter but I´m not sure if there are big differences in the feeling of how good this three compete in comparison. I have no dealer near by so I can do test rides :(

Please help me with your experience to order the right one. I normally drive on smooth path without steps or to difficult surface. I would love to have 35 km/h speed (this must be really challenging). No big hill max. 12% slope on my way. Right now I would choose one out of this 2. But I´m open minded for other brands as well. 

1. Gotway VS3
2. Gotway ACM

22 hours ago, Fabian Gutbrod said:

Hi, that´s my first post in this forum and I want to say that I´m very happy that I found it. 
At the beginning I only searched for a way to make my ninebot C+ faster, but I think it´s not possible without bigger hardware modifications :(
Last weekend I did some city sightseeing with my girlfriend and now I´m absolutely sure that EUC is the future for individual transportation. 
I started to go to work (9km) also with the ninebot but it´s simply to slow. The speed limit is 20 km/h so it takes me 30 min. for one way. 
I would say that I´m a skilled "rider" so more speed is the key. I do not need big capacity as I can charge nearly everywhere and for long rides I will put an addition battery pack to the original one. So I searched for fast EUC and for sure this forum helped to find some the top 3. 
The price does not really matter but I´m not sure if there are big differences in the feeling of how good this three compete in comparison. I have no dealer near by so I can do test rides :(

Please help me with your experience to order the right one. I normally drive on smooth path without steps or to difficult surface. I would love to have 35 km/h speed (this must be really challenging). No big hill max. 12% slope on my way. Right now I would choose one out of this 2. But I´m open minded for other brands as well. 

1. Gotway VS3
2. Gotway ACM

Gotway ACM,  Msuper3,  monster, are all great options for longer commutes. Kingsong 18 is another good option. If you're looking to average 35 kph, you would have to go  with something that can ride at 40 kph (Gotway monster or msuper3s+ can do this). I have to tell you though, those speeds are very scary. Below is a video where I averaged 31 kph over 8.5 km, on an msuper2 HS, but I was riding at the limits of the unit at times. I would say you can average 30 kph on most of the fast wheels, but averaging 35 kph will be pushing it.  The only wheel I can think of that can do this safety is the gotway monster.

On 1/11/2017 at 1:32 PM, Fabian Gutbrod said:

1. Gotway VS3
2. Gotway ACM

I own both of those wheels. The ACM is my preferred wheel. It handles great, is smooth, and feels like it sticks to the road. It's also less affected by wind (the MSuper V3 can act like a sail in strong crosswinds which means you have to fight the wheel more to keep going straight).

I normally ride at ~30 km/h. When the road conditions are very good I will push it to 35 km/h and the ACM feels solid and in control. I've never had any problems at that speed (I have over 1300 km's experience on the ACM).

My personal opinion is that the ACM is the best all around wheel for handling and speed. The pedals are comfortable (I easily ride 50 km's on it), it's not too heavy, and the size is compact (for a strong 16" wheel).

@logos122 Did not know this video. Thanks!
@Marty Backe: I have seen your review before (the long one) but still I was not sure if the 18" is better for my daily ride. 
Well I think I made my decision and I will buy the ACM.
As I have no distributor in Austria I still have not found the perfect dealer for me. I think it´s stupid to buy direkt vom China, is it? 
A simple question that is still not answered. The ACM V2 has the smaller battery also but it look like it make no difference in weight. I know it´s not much but I simply wonder. Do they use cheaper battery cells with less energy density but the same amount? I wonder if the smaller battery might lead to a smaller housing?
Thank you :thumbup:

I live in Spain, I bought two wheels in aliexpres and the two salesmen told me that the wheels are in Holland and it's true, so I do not think the product will take long to arrive and customs problems, rockwheel store has a very good reputation among Its customers, e looked and has version ACM 680w and 820w, but it is said here that there is already a more powerful model, minimum 820 w is my recommendation, luck

4 hours ago, Fabian Gutbrod said:

@logos122 Did not know this video. Thanks!
@Marty Backe: I have seen your review before (the long one) but still I was not sure if the 18" is better for my daily ride. 
Well I think I made my decision and I will buy the ACM.
As I have no distributor in Austria I still have not found the perfect dealer for me. I think it´s stupid to buy direkt vom China, is it? 
A simple question that is still not answered. The ACM V2 has the smaller battery also but it look like it make no difference in weight. I know it´s not much but I simply wonder. Do they use cheaper battery cells with less energy density but the same amount? I wonder if the smaller battery might lead to a smaller housing?
Thank you :thumbup:

If I had no other options then I would buy from China. But you can buy an ACM from Speedyfeet. I bought my MSuper from him and he shipped to the United States and shipping was not expensive. Austria is certainly a lot closer to England than me :-)

I've owned two ACMs. The first one was the 640wh version. Later I decided that I wanted more range so I sold the ACM and purchased the 820wh version. I can tell you that they are the same size and I didn't notice a difference in weight. There is the newer 84v 1300wh version, and that one is wider and I'm sure heavier. So you have three versions to pick from.

Thanks, yesterday I bought the 820wh version from a dealer near the border to Austria (http://airwheel-eu.com/). This is the closed dealer I could find.
Yes there is the 1,3kWh Version available two but I do not need the range (elsewhere I will put an addition battery in parallel).
Hope to get it this week. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Fabian Gutbrod said:

Thanks, yesterday I bought the 820wh version from a dealer near the border to Austria (http://airwheel-eu.com/). This is the closed dealer I could find.
Yes there is the 1,3kWh Version available two but I do not need the range (elsewhere I will put an addition battery in parallel).

Congratulations. I know that you're going to love the ACM.

5 hours ago, Fabian Gutbrod said:

good choice...but with your thought of "just putting another batterie" in parallel....thats not so easy as you might think.....you need a new shell etc etc etc

Also the 1300wh version would have more power as it is 84 volt...and so more powerful and perhaps the better choice.....

i can only once more say: you want tips, experience and good cheap sellers, and that all in german language...PM me....i am no seller or have financial interests...just trying to help

Hi, today I did get my ACM. Even though I had no time during the day and it was already dark I made my first test ride on the road. Well what I can say is that I´m already sure that this is a good choice. It´s very stable at "high" speed. 35 km/h feels perfectly safe (as long as you have enough view). I think it´s perfect for my needs. I do have silver pedals with red rubber that has not the perfect grip. But I have seen there are bigger ones also available. I think I will do some custom ones (like the flat pedals for downhill bikes) as this is the only drawback I can find right now. Thanks for your support I will keep on writing in the Gotway section of this forum. 

@KingSong69: Thank you for your offer. I think it´s not a big deal to put something in parallel. Might be that even the BMS is capable to pass some current through the charging FET during discharge so I can use the charging Plug. But I think I will discuss this also in the Gotway forum. 

Unbenannt.JPG

Archived