• 2 months later...

Yeah lots of people refer to them as reflectors but they don't reflect.

I'm surprised you didn't notice the other 8 of these attached to your MiniPro before asking the forum where they go. :)

Before I rode my MiniPro I removed the hub caps because I don't like the look. That one blade that sticks out and is a different colour is a design choice I just don't understand and really dislike.

On 4/17/2017 at 7:33 AM, RooMiniPro said:

I removed the hub caps because I don't like the look. That one blade that sticks out and is a different colour is a design choice I just don't understand and really dislike.

I thiink it might be a speed indicator for people to see how fast you are going.  Is it like the US military Humvees that have a spoke that stands out?  I always wondered about that too.  

18 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I thiink it might be a speed indicator for people to see how fast you are going.  Is it like the US military Humvees that have a spoke that stands out?  I always wondered about that too.  

Yeah I saw someone else theorise it was that.  But it doesn't make sense to me for the MiniPro. I think strangers in the street will get a better idea of my speed by watching me whiz along, not by watching the rotation of my wheel blades. No other street vehicles have such an idea implemented.

Making one blade grey, I could almost live with.  But making it stick out an inch - what were they smoking? A lot of people who review the MiniPro on Amazon mistakenly think that the valve stem is behind it. I know it's likely there so you can see from directly behind or in front that the wheels are turning, if you're too blind to be able to tell otherwise.

• 4 months later...
On 4/15/2017 at 5:32 PM, MetricUSA said:

They are not reflectors, but I did add reflective tape to mine....

Speaking of reflectors, how about clothing that reflects at night charged by daylight?

I saw this on a video and it may be the future of night riding garments by VolleBak.

Price, at this time, is the only drawback.

https://www.vollebak.com/product/solar-charged-jacket/

Archived