V5 with problem and message "please repair" (every 10 seconds)

smallexis

Hi,

Did somebody can help me to understand what is the matter? and the solution?

thanks in advance

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

About 70% of the time just leaving it plugged in balances the cells & the prompt goes away.

@Jason McNeil what is the problem the other 30%  Is it something minor that the owner can take care of, or even ignore?  Probably just a software glitch that goes away after riding awhile.

I really like that the Inmotion has self diagnostics, I don't think any other wheels have that.  It would make me feel safer if my Ninebot had that, sort of like a check engine light on a car.

14 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

just leaving it plugged in balances the cells

ok thank you, I will try to do that.

9 hours ago, steve454 said:

what is the problem the other 30%

I have red today if the motor is not connected to the motherboard, when power is switch on the message "please repair" is said.

maybe it's the reason in my case, I will try to verify all connection 

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
On 11/4/2020 at 11:09 AM, brosefzai said:

I am having the same issue with my own V5F. It won't charge past 60%. Then I let the battery drain, and tried to fully charge it back up. Now it won't charge past 40%.
Did you find the solution?

Battery problem, need to check all group of cells before to equilibrate or replace damaged ones

On 11/6/2020 at 8:16 AM, smallexis said:

Battery problem, need to check all group of cells before to equilibrate or replace damaged ones

Thank you for your response. I can't tell if you're saying that that is what you did, or if this is what you're advising me. (Or both).

In any case, how does one/how did you 'check all groups of cells to equilibrate or replace damaged ones'? Did you open it up? I'm not very handy with electronics and it's still a fairly new wheel, only a few months old. Do you think I have a shot if I contact InMotion?...

• 1 year later...
On 11/4/2020 at 9:09 PM, brosefzai said:

I am having the same issue with my own V5F. It won't charge past 60%. Then I let the battery drain, and tried to fully charge it back up. Now it won't charge past 40%.
Did you find the solution?

Hi, did fix your wheel. I have the same issue. Would like to know if the problem comes from the motherboard of baterries. 

• Like 1