Slight shaking and not maintaining calibration

My MSuper v3s+ has recently started shaking a bit and not maintaining the calibrated level while riding. It can lean too much in the direction of acceleration/tilt, but will correct itself after coming to a stop. I think this actually caused my to fall recently.

Has anyone seen this before or have ideas of what may be causing it?

Edit - the video below from @Shabba captures this problem perfectly.

I don't have any actual experience of this, but those sound to me like the symptoms you might get if your control board had come fractionally loose... might be worth taking it apart and checking it's bolted down firmly.

Yeah, I'm thinking it might be a loose board or possibly center bolt after doing some reading on this forum. If it's the center bolt, I guess I'll try to get some loctite and tighten it? Not sure how to properly torque it though.

I don't think It's a loose board or a bad board I have the same problem with my 820 v3 it leans Too far forward Especially when I turn, then I have to lean backwards to level it out, my brakes have gotten really bad also, some times it stops ok but most of the time it just keep rolling really slow and will not come to a complete stop unless I put my foot down, it feels like it's constantly switching between powerful, comfortable and soft mode all on its own while am riding I've only had it for about 2 months, I thought it was the board also so I bought a brand new board installed it but still doin the same thing. I don't know if it's something with the app thats causing it to not calibrate properly because even when I try to close the first alarm I still hear it so it don't seem like the app is working properly.  if you have IOS the app don't exist in the App Store it's been like that for weeks now, I don't understand why they would pull the old app if the new one will not be ready for weeks just don't make no sense to me, I contacted DION from myfunwheel.biz he is an authorized gotway dealer, he contacted gotway to get an answer on why IOS don't have a gotway app in the store but cud not get an answer all they said is that it will be available within the week and it's goin on two weeks now, still no app. Am goin to wait till the new improved IOS app comes out WHENEVER THAT IS, GOTWAY!! ??‍♂️? hopefully that helps. This is what mine is doin

I have the same problem with my Msuper as you can see in the video, when I turn it on, or on ups and downs and when I go through some continuous bumps, it does not always do it, and brake or whatever is necessary when I have the problem Back to be level, I have adjusted to hard driving, I use the tracutor to read in this forum and is not understood very well can you solve with the application? At the moment I am accustomed to controlling it on the fly, but it is not pleasant

If you keep sending the first alarm off command to the wheel, eventually it listens and obeys :) Mine also does the tilt-forward thing as it goes round corners, but not the braking issue so far, although I do have to really give it some weight in the heels to get it to stop fully, and it usually rolls out in front of me just a little until I bring it back under me... I wish I knew why it did that, and would turn it off if I could, but to be honest I've just adapted my riding to it now, so automatically brake and reaccelarate at the end of the corner, and that seems to put it back to normal, at least until the next big corner, or if braking at a road crossing, I know to stop 2 ft early so the roll-out is OK, and doesn't go into traffic. I will say I believe the problem is minimised in Powerful Mode, if that's any use...

Wow, it sounds like quite a few people are seeing this problem! That video captures the issue perfectly. I tried to tighten the center nut, but it was already very solid at > 45 lbs of torque so it's unlikely to do with the center hub nut.

Question for you guys seeing this - has it always been this way, or did it start after some time? On my Msuper it only started after a few hundred miles or so, it was great when I first got it.

@Linnea Lin Gotway @Jane Mo - Any help for those of us running into this issue?

On 12/30/2016 at 10:10 PM, Shabba said:

I don't know if it's something with the app thats causing it to not calibrate properly

On 12/31/2016 at 4:55 AM, Jose Otal said:

can you solve with the application?

I don't think this is a problem with the app guys. I've always had my wheel set to the same calibration since receiving it and it only started happening after riding a few hundred miles on it without changing anything. It seems like it either has to be something wrong with the motor or the board.

3 hours ago, Kevin Grandon said:

Wow, it sounds like quite a few people are seeing this problem! That video captures the issue perfectly. I tried to tighten the center nut, but it was already very solid at > 45 lbs of torque so it's unlikely to do with the center hub nut.

Question for you guys seeing this - has it always been this way, or did it start after some time? On my Msuper it only started after a few hundred miles or so, it was great when I first got it.

@Linnea Lin Gotway @Jane Mo - Any help for those of us running into this issue?

try recalibrate it! i got this problem also after a "bad" calibration....but went away after a perfect horizontal one....if not try a few calibrations!!!

Seams to be a software problem on a certain gyro calibration...

i got it especially when i tried to set my pedal a bit backward! but now completely gone!

@Shabba IOS is available now....see my. post in gotway subgroup...at least in europe it comes after a search for Gotway 

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

try recalibrate it! i got this problem also after a "bad" calibration....but went away after a perfect horizontal one....if not try a few calibrations!!!

Seams to be a software problem on a certain gyro calibration...

i got it especially when i tried to set my pedal a bit backward! but now completely gone!

@Shabba IOS is available now....see my. post in gotway subgroup...at least in europe it comes after a search for Gotway 

I have tried calibrating it a bunch of times with the old app and still not fixed, I tried it once with the new iOS app and it started off slightly better but now basically back to its old self, I'll try calibrating a few more times with the new app once it lets me back in, for some reason whenever I try to login it keeps telling me I don't exist so I tried registering and now it's telling me there is a motorcode error. Am brand new to gotway and this is sooo frustrating, THEY TREAT CUSTOMERS LIKE THESE UNITS ARE CHEAP, Jane or whatever her name is is basically useless, all she do is ask you a bunch of questions then tell u contact the person you bought it from

4 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

I've tried multiple calibrations already and it still doesn't work, seems like you shouldn't have to win the calibration lottery to have a working wheel.

5 hours ago, Shabba said:

I have tried calibrating it a bunch of times with the old app and still not fixed, I tried it once with the new iOS app and it started off slightly better but now basically back to its old self, I'll try calibrating a few more times with the new app once it lets me back in, for some reason whenever I try to login it keeps telling me I don't exist so I tried registering and now it's telling me there is a motorcode error. Am brand new to gotway and this is sooo frustrating, THEY TREAT CUSTOMERS LIKE THESE UNITS ARE CHEAP, Jane or whatever her name is is basically useless, all she do is ask you a bunch of questions then tell u contact the person you bought it from

had this app problems also..

stupid to mention, but: ID or your login name ...is your telephone number you used on first register!! and also the country has to match...if you used phrases like "+" in the telephone number register process you have to copy/paste it in the ID field....

you can not register again or twice on your unique motor number....so you have to remember the used telephone number and country

or contact linnea lin to delete you from server to start again!

i am totally with you, quality and custom service is not existent 

13 hours ago, Kevin Grandon said:

I've tried multiple calibrations already and it still doesn't work, seems like you shouldn't have to win the calibration lottery to have a working wheel.

You are right, that shouldn't be so!

Ok, i just wanted to share my experience as i got rid of it by recalibration....perhaps there is something that one/we can do wrong on calibration?

1. first agree to calibrate on app

2. the wheel loses it's stiffness/power then

3. Setting the wheel up horizontal and vertical fine

4. Press the powerbutton really, really Long and dont stop pressing before the "beeping" goes away

5.Power it on then for a second time, now it is ready to go......

What i mean is that perhaps step 4 could have failure potential???

When this "pedal drop behaviour" happend to me, i was really scared, and directly got shabba's Video in mind, which i know at the time.....

I was not real able to drive with this "mushy" behaviour and nearly crashed...if this would have went on i would have to give the wheel up/throw it in the garbage ....so lucky for me just after about 20 minutes i calibrated again....and totally gone it was.

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

You are right, that shouldn't be so!

Ok, i just wanted to share my experience as i got rid of it by recalibration....perhaps there is something that one/we can do wrong on calibration?

1. first agree to calibrate on app

2. the wheel loses it's stiffness/power then

3. Setting the wheel up horizontal and vertical fine

4. Press the powerbutton really, really Long and dont stop pressing before the "beeping" goes away

5.Power it on then for a second time, now it is ready to go......

What i mean is that perhaps step 4 could have failure potential???

When this "pedal drop behaviour" happend to me, i was really scared, and directly got shabba's Video in mind, which i know at the time.....

I was not real able to drive with this "mushy" behaviour and nearly crashed...if this would have went on i would have to give the wheel up/throw it in the garbage ....so lucky for me just after about 20 minutes i calibrated again....and totally gone it was.

The order that you have the calibration steps is not the order my beeps occur, for example after I push CALIBRATE on the APP there are a few beeps then the wheel losses power but when I press the power button again there is only about 2 beeps then it stops, in step 4 you said press the button really really long until the beeps goes away but mine is only two beeps then it stops, when I turn it on again then there is about 4 beeps followed by a long annoying beep that never stops Is that what you talking about when you say hold the power button for a really really long time till the beeps stops? 

I have almost this exact problem; pedals tilt forward during turns, pedals tilt backwards exiting a turn.  Just like @Shabba s video. It's even thrown me off a few times because it is so unnatural. And turning corners while going down hill is really toe scrapingly challenging.  But here's the thing... I ride a KingSong 14c. I posted about the problem over a month ago.  I believe there is nothing new in the EUC world.  By that I mean, a lot of parts like control boards are either generic, or copied from each other.  "Chinese manufacturers copying from other people's work!!!" Say it ain't so! ?

I too, like @KingSong69 believe calibration has something to do with it.  All my problems started ( all my EUC problems ?) when I accidentally entered calibration mode while trying to sort out, what turned out to be an overcharged state.  I haven't "won the calibration lottery " yet as @Kevin Grandon so aptly put it.  I have been living with it, but I'll buy a few more calibration lottery tickets in the morning and see if I can win this time. ( for non English speakers, I will recalibrate in the morning)

btw, if you are having trouble calibrating, maybe you could try my calibration tutorial in the mods and DIY section.  After all, if these boards are all just copies of an original design, then the calibration should work the same way.  My tutorial is there because the KingSong instructions are rubbish.

its possible that 100% level, in all directions is the key. Why? Don't ask me why, I'm no engineer, but anything less than 100% level means you have entered in, a variable, that has unknown consequences; at least to us who don't design control boards. Or maybe the consequences are the subject of this thread.  What was the subject of this thread anyway?

On 12/31/2016 at 8:10 AM, Shabba said:

I don't think It's a loose board or a bad board I have the same problem with my 820 v3 it leans Too far forward Especially when I turn, then I have to lean backwards to level it out, my brakes have gotten really bad also, some times it stops ok but most of the time it just keep rolling really slow and will not come to a complete stop unless I put my foot down, it feels like it's constantly switching between powerful, comfortable and soft mode all on its own while am riding I've only had it for about 2 months, I thought it was the board also so I bought a brand new board installed it but still doin the same thing. I don't know if it's something with the app thats causing it to not calibrate properly because even when I try to close the first alarm I still hear it so it don't seem like the app is working properly.  if you have IOS the app don't exist in the App Store it's been like that for weeks now, I don't understand why they would pull the old app if the new one will not be ready for weeks just don't make no sense to me, I contacted DION from myfunwheel.biz he is an authorized gotway dealer, he contacted gotway to get an answer on why IOS don't have a gotway app in the store but cud not get an answer all they said is that it will be available within the week and it's goin on two weeks now, still no app. Am goin to wait till the new improved IOS app comes out WHENEVER THAT IS, GOTWAY!! ??‍♂️? hopefully that helps. This is what mine is doin

I have two identical ks18 but  Gotway MSuper v3 I do not know, but I've discovered the calibration level, one aspect of my wheels. During calibration of the wheel to get a good result to be exactly vertical (as viewed from the front or back)! 100% level, in all directions is maybe  the key !  When calibrating the wheel is a bit bland side, it becomes soft and poorly controlled and for turning,this tilts forward!

Now, I've always calibrate the support wheel against the wall so that almost wants to fall over (vertically as possible and keep in contact with the wall).

In this way, I have received all of the pedal position is used !

13 hours ago, Shabba said:

The order that you have the calibration steps is not the order my beeps occur, for example after I push CALIBRATE on the APP there are a few beeps then the wheel losses power but when I press the power button again there is only about 2 beeps then it stops, in step 4 you said press the button really really long until the beeps goes away but mine is only two beeps then it stops, when I turn it on again then there is about 4 beeps followed by a long annoying beep that never stops Is that what you talking about when you say hold the power button for a really really long time till the beeps stops? 

Yip, i mean this part with the 4 beeps and the Long annoying beep, sorry when i did not describe it totally accurate....(as you can think i do not want to calibrate again now :-))

It is just that i think that this step can be a "failure possibility" as this concrete one seams to set the gyro to it's Level.

Can be i am totally wrong...but it is like it is...i experienced the wheel beaviour you describe.

I was coming to the (not so great) idea, that i wanted to have my pedals lean a bit backwards, to have more power in my toes/feet when pushing Forward.

So i calibrated that light backward pedal Setup(and i done that very "unexactly" in the middle of the night with no lights).......and was totally bumped that my wheel tried to throw me of on curves and behaves more like a electric rodeo bull after that!

So then: Re-calibrating again to perfect horizontal pedals....

After 2 or 3 trys the "rodeo bull behaviour" went away completly! Gotway should really tell you guys how you can get this away....this wheel beahviour was not driveable for me!

14 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I was coming to the (not so great) idea, that i wanted to have my pedals lean a bit backwards, to have more power in my toes/feet when pushing Forward.

So i calibrated that light backward pedal Setup(and i done that very "unexactly" in the middle of the night with no lights).......and was totally bumped that my wheel tried to throw me of on curves and behaves more like a electric rodeo bull after that!

And yet mine is calibrated -2.5 degrees and rides absolutely fine... so what's going on there ?

31 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I had this idea too, mostly to compensate for thei forward tilt during turns.  So I built in a 2 Deg backward lean.  felt weird, but Made no real difference. It still dipped into the corners by, what seemed like, the same amount. That was over a month ago.  I haven't calibrated it since, yet when I measured the other day, it is completely level at stand still. Go figure!  Still dips into turns, and rolls backwards coming out of slow turn.  Funny thing is I once reported severe sinking in the rear when braking, like when a heavy motorboat slams the throttles shut and the engine-heavy rear, sinks down into the water.  Yeah, well it stopped doing that ages ago.  I have no clue why. It's a bit like a lucky dip, every time you ride it's a different experience.  Maybe I'll change my wheel's name from "Lassie" to "SURPRISE!!!"

there seems to be some "dark arts" magic going on here.  Unfortunately, none of us is Harry Potter.

I have just done a test ride in order to establish whether the dipping pedals thing is the same across the ride modes. It is not. Contrary to what I said before, powerful mode is actually the worst for forward dipping pedals. Comfortable is much better - they still dip but they do it less. Soft mode is far too sloshy for me, so it was impossible to tell with that much pedal swimmyness what was forward tilt and what was normal. So my revised advice is: Comfortable mode is the best mode to minimise forward-tilt on corners. 

And you can minimize it further by going round the corners faster.

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

I have just done a test ride in order to establish whether the dipping pedals thing is the same across the ride modes. It is not. Contrary to what I said before, powerful mode is actually the worst for forward dipping pedals. Comfortable is much better - they still dip but they do it less. Soft mode is far too sloshy for me, so it was impossible to tell with that much pedal swimmyness what was forward tilt and what was normal. So my revised advice is: Comfortable mode is the best mode to minimise forward-tilt on corners. 

And you can minimize it further by going round the corners faster.

I think as Long as you have not experienced that what Shabba, Kevin have now and what I had on my wheel (fortunatly only for a small while)....you seam to mean a normal behaviour and difference of drivemodes of nearly everywheel....

It is such a weird behaviour of the wheel, when that happend to me after calibration, that is has nothing to do anymore with smooth curving or braking when riding!

I instantly feel total unsafe and nearly made a Crash from it. I never experienced such a dipping behavoiur on ANY wheel i had driven before...and that were a lot...

If my V3 would have stayed on this "dip mode" i would have sold it instantly or at least did not ride it anymore.  What i want to say with this it was "Extrem" and totally "un-ordinary" from normal bit dipping and softness on ridemodes....

And no....this does not happen to all V3 or ACM ....or always after a calibration with pedals backwards.....so it is no GW bashing.

as there are just a very small percentage of People reporting such a Thing...as far as i know Kevin also had some more wheels driven, so he knows that this is not "normal"

We are just trying to find out what the reason is.....

10 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Yip, i mean this part with the 4 beeps and the Long annoying beep, sorry when i did not describe it totally accurate....(as you can think i do not want to calibrate again now :-))

It is just that i think that this step can be a "failure possibility" as this concrete one seams to set the gyro to it's Level.

Can be i am totally wrong...but it is like it is...i experienced the wheel beaviour you describe.

So then: Re-calibrating again to perfect horizontal pedals....

After 2 or 3 trys the "rodeo bull behaviour" went away completly! Gotway should really tell you guys how you can get this away....this wheel beahviour was not driveable for me!

Yes gotway do need to address this, cuz quite a few people are having this problem for no reason, I have never laid my msuper down,  i have actually been pampering it, trying to keep it looking nice for as long as possible, don't jump off curbs or any of the crazy stuff on YouTube so I dunno how that happened and not to mention I have a brand new board in it now and still doin the same thing, so now I have two GOOD boards because if the new board didn't fix it then my old board must be fine, I have an msuper s+ 1600wh that's being delivered tomorrow because I jus don't feel comfortable on my v3 it's bad enough those machines are sensitive especially gotway, now with it not operating properly am even more scared to ride it, if my msuper have any malfunctions am done with gotway, I have a Ninebot mini pro for about 9-10 months now no problem what so ever 

Archived