17 miles on battery meter at start

8 miles on battery meter at end

9-10 : Total battery miles used

Ninebot One E+ (-10 to +45 temp range)

Along smooth sidewalk

Screenshot_2016-12-28-13-17-59.png

Screenshot_2016-12-28-13-18-21.png

IMG_20161228_130647418_HDR.jpg

@Bob Eisenman it looks like the charging cord is tie strapped to the plug, may I ask why?  Interesting padding colors there, I've noticed some other people pad the bottom of the pedals also, so there is two different looks, one with pedal up and one with pedal down.

Boston area is an interesting place to visit, my ship was in drydock there sometime before the Big Dig started, lots of history there.

The bot charger uses a 4 pin Lemo connector to transfer (ground and positive) connections between the charger output and the feed to the bot on the case. I have a replacement part from China (Guangdong) mentioned in a post on this forum. I haven't gotten around to making the switch to the new part that arrived in Oct. Without the plastic thing the charging current fails to transfer for some reason. Looks odd doesn't it ? Murphy's Law says if it works don't fix it.

The padding actually protects the 'foam covers' from damage when the bot and rider depart for whatever reason while negotiating the bumps. Of course my shins benefit from the padding too. The phenomena of shin swelling (top edge of foam cover) that I experienced during earlier stages of Ninebot riding is no longer an issue, meaning that riding and 'bot grabbing' with the lower legs is less frequent. 

At the drydock you mentioned I've seen both Navy ships and some time ago a British Luxury liner for which I have a picture somewhere. A few years ago a Navy ship anchored nearby the drydock was allowing visitors. I walked through an 'Osprey' parked on its deck.  Before the big dig an employer's husband (retired Navy and now deceased) worked at the Navy Yard somewhere doing science stuff. A genealogy search tells me that I have an ancestor who came from Alsace, via Havre, France in 1884 (to New York) which pre-dates much of the drydocks importance during the various war years. My Internet searching once turned up remnants of plans and stories of large cable loops running for miles outside of Boston Harbor with a metal hull detector function. The wwii sub outook towers still stand in Nahant, Halibut Point park on Cape Ann and other places.

I see that you have 889 forum posts....wow!

Cheers

Screenshot_2016-12-29-00-44-28.png

IMG_20161229_243449193.jpg

18 hours ago, steve454 said:

@Bob Eisenman it looks like the charging cord is tie strapped to the plug, may I ask why?  Interesting padding colors there, I've noticed some other people pad the bottom of the pedals also, so there is two different looks, one with pedal up and one with pedal down.

Boston area is an interesting place to visit, my ship was in drydock there sometime before the Big Dig started, lots of history there.

The QE2 in drydock Boston 1992.

QE2_1992.jpg

drydock-Boston.jpg

Archived