On 24.3.2018 at 2:59 AM, Yashaya Yasharahla said:

I never purposely rode it back and forth without standing on it to check first. But, on the first Monster I had, I feel it’s already ready to take my weight. I can stand on it without moving and it will take my weight. This new Monster, it just won’t let me stand on it without taking off. 

I will move it back and forth first before I stand on it. I believe some of the physics perameters have changed or something. 

I don’t Iike it. 

Twisted my ankle coming off this thing because of it’s strange behavior. 

I guess what you want to explain to us is:

Your first monster has had another software...and more „play“ when standing still...so it is possible to stand on it, and while not much moving the wheel, it will still stand on its point and will not go forward!

This is true! The first versions of Monster/Msupers have had some play in the wheel, while the newer versions are more firm and once you give them the slightest move ...it will start going forward! (small  firmware change)

That is, on newer wheels a -from most riders-very appreciated behaviour. You will get used to it. In the end the wheel is just more reactive/agile and the „play“ is just gone....

@Marty Backe Thats btw why your Monster has some more „play/looseness “ then that of your friends...even after you fixed the wheel nuts! As far as i remember you also have one of the very  first version of the Monster. (can also be seen on the side cushion, as yours is ACM Style, newer Monsters have their own kind of side cushion).

On 3/26/2018 at 1:29 AM, KingSong69 said:

I guess what you want to explain to us is:

Your first monster has had another software...and more „play“ when standing still...so it is possible to stand on it, and while not much moving the wheel, it will still stand on its point and will not go forward!

This is true! The first versions of Monster/Msupers have had some play in the wheel, while the newer versions are more firm and once you give them the slightest move ...it will start going forward! (small  firmware change)

That is, on newer wheels a -from most riders-very appreciated behaviour. You will get used to it. In the end the wheel is just more reactive/agile and the „play“ is just gone....

@Marty Backe Thats btw why your Monster has some more „play/looseness “ then that of your friends...even after you fixed the wheel nuts! As far as i remember you also have one of the very  first version of the Monster. (can also be seen on the side cushion, as yours is ACM Style, newer Monsters have their own kind of side cushion).

This is EXACTLY what I was trying to say~ THANK YOU, KingSong69

Archived